It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another very large earthquake, Christchurch New Zealand.. and video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I so feel for my countrymen in that area, and this has been the 2nd biggest quake after the original disaster last year. And is it really an aftershock?? Man!!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

Justed looked at stuff.co.nz shocked to see another big earthquake in chch. Glad im in the north island. Hope there isnt any fatalites

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Oh God! There are deaths this time and the precious Christchurch Cathedral is down. This is so terrible. I have NEVER heard of an aftershock like this.
Im in tears here.
www.3news.co.nz...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This story is being carried by TV3 if anyone can get it.....I think they livestream.
Terrible.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Jesus, seeing some of the footage on the news here now, my god.... buildings are still falling...

I am suprised they just showed a young man being pulled from a building, he was messed up.

my god...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm having trouble getting any sites from NZ up too. Looks like it did some serious damage.

Many are saying it was worse than the 7+ late last year.

Hope they're all ok over there.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
www.trademe.co.nz...

This thread from a forum in NZ was made a day ago, re whale strandings and earthquakes. And WHY am I looking at this I wonder.

Im so sad and worried for friends.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Yes it was more severe, not in magnitude, just because it was shallow, Plus so many buildings were damaged in the original quake and the 1000's of aftershocks before todays hit.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Just got power back - hubby managed to make it out of town and get home - still looking for 3 friends who aren't replying to texts/calls.

Horrific.

Crying watching the cathedral fall and this time we have fatalities.

Pray for us, a city in chaos and mourning.

Update: more liquefaction and just reported the city has run out of ambulances..

edit on 21-2-2011 by MoorfNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

[[[[[[[[[[[[hugs]]]]]]]]]]]]] sent to you and your friends and family. Hang in there, but Im sure everyone wants out of ChCh now. You can only take so much.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Thank GOD you are okay! I have been praying for you.

I can only imagine what it must be like and I hope and pray your friends are alright. You have been through so much these past months with all the quakes. This is crazy...

Thank you for taking to time to get on-line and check in. You don't realize how connected you feel to people you only address in an anonymous forum, until you fear for them.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Praying for you and everyone in that area...CNN is reporting that phone lines are down so that may be why you can't reach your friends...they also say to avoid the water supply there (I know you went through this before but just in case). My heart hurts for you.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Just on the news.....this quake was on a different fault line.
Now that means more aftershocks from THAT fault as well as the original one.
OMG!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Sky news Australia/New Zealand is streaming live and unedited for those interested.

From the looks of it, multiple large buildings have collapsed.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Interesting that media are reporting a 6.3 quake but Geonet says 4. I imagine they will update that later.

www.geonet.org.nz...

Ahhh...that was for an after shock.
edit on 21-2-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
From California.

Thoughts and prayers to our "cousins" in NZ.

Stay safe.

Stay strong.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Now they're saying MASS deaths, but as yet still no count, the city has run out of ambulances to take the injured to hospitals so they're using police cars..

As night approaches, with the threat of severe aftershocks, I can only see this getting much much worse..

The entire place appears devastated... jesus..

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
www.heraldsun.com.au...

LIVE FEED, NOT EDITED, PEOPLE SCREAMING IN BUILDING AS THEY ARE TRAPPED!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Sad but true Badwolf.....apparently a building collapsed on two busloads of people, schools were in, etc. It cannot be like last time.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have the New Zealand station pulled up in GEE (live seismo feed) and it looks as if they have had another after shock. I'm not sure how big it is, I am not used to looking at these stations...but I imagine at this point, after so much initiall damage, it wont take much more to cause other building to go down, or the ground to liquify.

Prayers going out to everyone affected.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join