It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tastes like chlorine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
My brother and i were shoveling snow today and after being out there for half and hour, the air began to taste like chlorine. I looked over at my brother and he noticed too. My friend has been talking about NWO or conspiracies and all that good stuff recently, so what the hell why not; anything in those conspiracies specifically mention a chlorine taste? It's not pool season

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Did you happen to be near a hot tub and are you sure it was chlorine and not bleach that you were smelling? Chlorine only really smells strong when it is gassing off of water or the surface it's on. To smell (or taste) it there really doesn't have to be a lot present.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Yes i was next to my hot tub in the middle of my driveway, next to my mitsubishi spyder and rocketship. The pool season comment was a joke. I was asking about the prospect of some sort of aerosol as opposed to, oh i over chlorinated my swanky chick magnet hot tub.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kiwiemperor

You just said shoveling snow. You didn't say where. We use Calcium Chloride to melt snow. The word chloride look familiar? So what did you actually taste in the air today while shoveling snow next to your rocketship? Probably Snow Melt.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here we have some who treat their well water with chemicals that smell like chlorine. Also the public service authority (county water supply) treats their water a few times a year and it too smells like a pool.

Just a thought...

ETA, that you can clearly smell it outside with no water running anywhere near.
edit on 2/21/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It might be a chemical combination
NACL + O2 ==> CL2 + xx

there might be a large Salt (sodium chloride) nearby where you dug.
The combination of it being exposed to air would create a Chlorine gas (CL2) and another chemical. That is what you're probably smelling.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kiwiemperor

very interesting, i also noticed something today,

it had begun to hail here at my home (oddest weather here last month / two, year)
and when i stepped outside to see the cars all covered in hail i looked closely at my car to see the whole thing had this oily rainbow coloring to it, just like you'd see with oil mixing with water, i thought it was odd and figured it was cause my car hadnt been washed for so long,

then i looked at my neighbors car since she washed the other day, and it too had it, every car that had the hail on it was covered in this oily substance, couldnt smell it though (i tried
)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kiwiemperor
My brother and i were shoveling snow today and after being out there for half and hour, the air began to taste like chlorine. I looked over at my brother and he noticed too. My friend has been talking about NWO or conspiracies and all that good stuff recently, so what the hell why not; anything in those conspiracies specifically mention a chlorine taste? It's not pool season

Are you in New Zealand? Cause if you are, it's weed killer that gets sprayed on grass verges, I have smelt it myself, and asked the council worker who was going by..
Oh, I have just realised you can't be... shovelling snow? I was fooled by your name, but it's summer here..
Vicky

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Thanks pryingopen3rdeye and vicky. I haven't died yet so i guess it doesn't matter. Peace out

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Sometimes when we engage in activities that raise the body's temperature it causes the clothing that we are wearing to warm and release odors that are embedded into the fabrics from the laundry. Perhaps it might be time to ask mom to lay off the Bleach or change to a more subtle detergent.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by true-life
It might be a chemical combination
NACL + O2 ==> CL2 + xx

there might be a large Salt (sodium chloride) nearby where you dug.
The combination of it being exposed to air would create a Chlorine gas (CL2) and another chemical. That is what you're probably smelling.

The formula is simply not correct.

Since when does table salt react with air and produce Chlorine gas ?

However you could mix Hydrochloric acid with potassium permanganate and you'd get something like:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
very strange...when i was getting into conspiracies(when i joined ats) i worked in palo alto at the time and around every other block were like ups boxes and i started to smell chlorine and started to get faint real fast.
after i went back to the house i worked at and went out side (30 or so minutes later) all of the boxes were gone.

idk?

join