It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Egyptian Sends A Letter to Madison, WI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

This is quite amazing, and i'm glad to see so many cheers from the protestors to a message of unity from another protester in another continent with a completely different political climate and culture than this one.

Despite unsurmountable differences, this shows that these differences can easily be overcome

Not with mass amounts of Govt. money, not with invasions, black sites or no bid contracts to mercenary groups but a simple and humble message.

This magnifies the already widely visible reality that how Govt. responds to "differences" costs us too much and not only gives too little but in fact puts us many steps back.

Whether you agree with either protest or not, let's forget that for a second
The message of unity is way more important

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Odd they have more in common with people from a different country, different culture, and different continent thay they have with their governor and legislators.

Does it follow Walker has more in common with Mubarak and Qaddafi than them?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

This is quite amazing, and i'm glad to see so many cheers from the protestors to a message of unity from another protester in another continent with a completely different political climate and culture than this one.

Despite unsurmountable differences, this shows that these differences can easily be overcome

Not with mass amounts of Govt. money, not with invasions, black sites or no bid contracts to mercenary groups but a simple and humble message.

This magnifies the already widely visible reality that how Govt. responds to "differences" costs us too much and not only gives too little but in fact puts us many steps back.

Whether you agree with either protest or not, let's forget that for a second
The message of unity is way more important

So Beautiful...thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Much more important indeed, and very moving as well.

S & F MA, and thanks for this.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Tom Morello- from Wikipedia
I had a post written about celebrities and their pet causes, and how I find that to be annoying usually. But it got erased. Anyways, the guy reading the letter is Tom Morello, a well-rounded guy in education and experience, who while i dont agree with a lot of his positions on issues, nevertheless deserves kudos for being a famous popular musician who actually has credibility in espousing his views on issues of global concern.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Reinforces the fact that we TRULY are all ONE.

This really is wonderful!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Of all the horror in the muslim middle east,, he writes a letter to the union city workers in the US??

If we sent some union people over there in american shirts supporting their union?(CAUSE) or protest, you'd get beaten,,killed or raped...

Egypt will be more anti west/anti europeon,,,anti infidel,,,,

Glad they got the tyrent out and they want change,,,,for them anyways,,,,its their country and have a right...

thanks for the pizza and the nice letter,,,,

I need to see 10 fold of more letters adressed to their muslim neighbors on their goverments!!!

Lets see them address IRAN on some letters?????

I dont buy into anything when it comes to the middle east,,,,and as long as the clerics are around its NOT democratic,,,,,
Pakistan will fall next,,,,

Hope the good people can make Egypt good,,,,but I get the feeling it will be in major turmoil for some years to come,,,,

I also think all the good people there are gonna SHI_.....,,,a weak goverment and some clerics will weasle in,,,unemplyment will quadroople,,,tourism is shot,,,

I myself am glad they fought,,,,,

we cant fight hard enuff to keep schools open here and support our own people yet I see a 5 billion dollar aid package in the works probly!!!!!

YES,,,I WILL PROTEST THEN!!!!

Im mad to,,,

Kona

EDIT:

Also,,Im glad he supports us,,,hopefully he knows when we do riot here,, I hope he will realize that aid will not be increased there,,, or to other countries but will be cut back 99%!!!!

edit on 24-2-2011 by Little_Kona because: (no reason given)

top topics

join