It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we looking for Disclosure or confirmation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The following article which I found on the web while googling exopolitics explains the difference.
The writer states that govt has been disclosing all along but we are asking for confirmation and that they just cannot do.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
A disclosure in my world is a confirmation

but with all the sightings and ancien past mysteries
adding the thousand of witness

even astronauts heroes have came foward with it .. confirming or alien presence around earth

and we are still waiting for a government confirmation LOL

before beleiving in alien was though to be crazy .. now beleiving in alien is common sens and logic .. and open minded

i dont need any confirmation or disclosure .. but a little grey alien standing before me would be amazing

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

According to the article there is only a small proportion of the population that are intently interested in UFO's, a larger precentage that is somewhat interested and the largest precentage who just have more pressing issues to deal with.
I am one who is intently interested but I dont believe everything I read and being here in ATS really has made me more skeptical that I was before. Most vids are shot down as CGI hoax as soon as they are released. I doubt that we will get video proof that will be satisfactory to everyone. No one's testimony is ever beyond reproach so we wont get confirmation from the insiders. With makeup and special effects even an alien on the Today Show standing right between Merideth and Matt would be called a hoax by some. So I guess if we dont believe the proof we are shown and we dont believe the testimony of the insiders and we wont even belived our own eyes than just how is disclosure or confirmation ever to come about?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
my feeling is that disclosure or confirmation is nothing withought acceptance. right now i feel the ufo/alien subject is the same as when people thought the earth was flat. we are the ones saying its round. looking back on it our grandchilderen will be saying "lol they didnt think that ufos\aliens existed lol"

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
People shouldn't wait for the government to announce disclosure, its happening all around you. Although an alien next to me would be great XD

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm not askin anything from the government except to be the next Capt. Kirk

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
my feeling is that disclosure or confirmation is nothing withought acceptance. right now i feel the ufo/alien subject is the same as when people thought the earth was flat. we are the ones saying its round. looking back on it our grandchilderen will be saying "lol they didnt think that ufos\aliens existed lol"

I hope you are right. The world view on anything para normal ( and by that I mean above normal) is changing. People are accepting psychic abilities as normal for many and attainable by many more. Science is taking us deeper and deeper into the makeup of our universe and matter. We are finding out that our universe is far from being a dead empty space and that it participates in the creation of new planets and stars. We are discovering that all that dark empty space is actually filled with matter that we cannot see. (called dark matter) and is also filled with an energy we cannot now harness. Our world is changing and our knowledge is expanding. I think that soon acceptance of other beings will be easier and then who knows. Off to the stars...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
The world view on anything para normal ( and by that I mean above normal) is changing. People are accepting psychic abilities as normal for many and attainable by many more.

There's no change in that.

If anything society ebs and flows, but normally on this one we been mostly flowing. We live in a very small window where people have actually started becoming skeptical about most things rather than believing in anything.

I'd personally guess that more people are disbelieving in things like psychic powers more than ever before for better or worse.

I think everyone wants to see real evidence of the truth. Just a lot of the time it isn't forth coming.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If we are looking for the truth it won’t be governmental otherwise
those entities extraterrestrial and ultraterrestrial long ago would
say it. We have to recognize that our contemporary civilisation
is not the top of the ice-cream with all its modern convienences
and that in the antiquity people could be living better than us.
As one my acquaintance a jurist said, the nowadays democracy
is a governing of the minoruty in the name of the majority. In the
ancient democracies people have been inviting wise old men to
rule over them.
edit on 22-2-2011 by realitydiscovered because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
He may be right about the UFOs not being of a "threat" to the US. Or it could be that even though they know it's a threat they're choosing to completely destroy all irrefutable evidence and to sweep what's remaining under the carpet and then fuhgeddaboudit. In that case, the government isn't going to know much more than us. They're bathing themselves in ignorance. It's kind of like if you have terminal cancer and choose to just let it grow and ignore it.. It's different with respect to how we're not certain that UFOs are hurting or helping us.

Maybe there's nothing we can do about it other than to sweep it under the rug.

Sometimes ignorance is comforting and preferable to learning more.

And what if NOBODY can handle the truth without losing their minds? Maybe, eh?
edit on 17-12-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I just don't get it guys & gals !Everyone is waiting for the disclosure while the same every ones are probably blind to IT.
The last years have brought to us TV shows that do exactly that ! Disclose government released info about the subject of EBEs and Aliens. I'm not here to criticize but ; Ancient Aliens, UFO hunters to name just a few are doing a pretty good job at debunking the mystery.
I, for myself, am a firm believer in Extra-terrestrial presence on our planet. After all, if our planet has such a plenitude and variety of life, I believe our planet is only part of Life contained in the cosmos.
And by the way, teh Military-Industrial Complex has nothing but profit to gain in making the population believe the threat is real... Come on, if they wanted to destroy us, they would have done it eons ago...and maybe have done it a few times already ! The ones destroying us Today ! is the Establishment.
There is so much technology available to make our world a better place but US supremacy will not allow it to be public by fear of loosing financial control & psychological control of the masses.
The media is the BIGGEST machine working for the government. Don't believe everything you hear but dig to prove or disprove and you shall find the truth..Hehehe
edit on 17-12-2011 by zeta2reticuli because: Added to thread

top topics

join