It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sailing Toward a Storm in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
U.S. maneuvers could spark a war

July 15, 2004

By Chalmers Johnson, Chalmers Johnson's latest book is "The Sorrows of Empire: Militarism, Secrecy, and the End of the Republic".

john

www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
SIRR1
please simply do not just posts links,

Please Add alittle of your own thoughts on the subject

Asala

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
That was a very interesting read, thank you for posting it. That said, I would like your take on it-nice way of say post thoughts and comments with links.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
they probally are having the exercises there to show the chinese what they are up against.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
To put it simply I dont want to have to feed those billions of people with my tax money so lets leave them alone. Maybe buy the people of Taiwan who want to leave some plane tickets outa there...

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
When will we learn to worry about the problems in our own country instead of everybody else'sWho cares if Tawain wants to be a free from China?I don't.I do care about what happens in America to the American people...Our country cannot afford to start another war I agree with Xeven Let's worry about feeding ours not theirs

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This is about the Elite in America showing the Chinese Rulers who the Boss is. I don't know. I think the Chinese Rulership is not taking it lightly in this case. I highly doubt there'd be anything significant coming out of this showmanship.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
also I don't see it as a show of force...if China knows it can't beat 7 carrier groups then we would know they can't...so why spend the resources and manpower to send this size of a fleet as a show of force?maybe because it's not and the US intends to push China into a war..knowing that they(China) can't stop this size of a fleet?With Bush constantly holding his hand out for more funds for his little war I just don't think we would send all those ships just for a show of force..cost too much

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Good point. I'd have to say that there may be some sort of military actions in that region. Considering the size of the Fleet concentration into one are, also the fact that this is not being actively reported in the mainstream media.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Could they use the fleet to force a trade blockade against North Korea?

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I THINK THE SUDDEN KNOWLEDGE AND DEPLOYMENT OF CHINAS NEW SUB THAT FOR WHICH WE HAVE NO GOOD TRACKING PROCEDURE WILL PROVE TO BE A START OF THE CHINESE ACT OF WAR AS SOON AS WE GO THERE I THINK WE WILL SEE GHOSTING AND SHOTS ACROSS OUR BOW AND WE WILL BE FORCE TO DEFEND OURSELVES

EVERYONE KNOWS TO MANY MILITARY DEPLOYMENTS IN SUCH A SMALL AREA JUST BEGS FOR WAR

[edit on 17/7/04 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
When will we learn to worry about the problems in our own country instead of everybody else'sWho cares if Tawain wants to be a free from China?I don't.I do care about what happens in America to the American people...Our country cannot afford to start another war I agree with Xeven Let's worry about feeding ours not theirs

How shortsighted is this? China is the modern day Nazi Germany. Appeasement is NOT an option. After taking the Sudetenland from a democratic Czechoslovakia, they then proceded to take Austria and then invaded Poland.

China has already laid claim to the entire South China Sea, and even took Mischief Reef from the Philippines a few years ago (1997 if memory serves), and recent discussion about their claim that the ancient Korean kingdom of Koguryo was actually a Chinese kingdom is also troubling. If the U.S. and the rest of the free world does nothing to protect Taiwan's freedoms, they, like Hitler, will think that the free world is weak and they can do whatever they please.

Something about learning from history seems to strike me as appropriate here, but all to many forget those lessons until it is too late.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Appeasement is NOT an option. After taking the Sudetenland from a democratic Czechoslovakia, they then proceded to take Austria and then invaded Poland.

So true this is a excellent point we all know how appeasement turns out remember the Traitor Clinton he wanted to appease terrorism that is why he didn't kill osoma even though he had 3 chances to do so and it later came to haunt us so appeasement only works in the short term it will come and bite you in the arse later

Also IMMORTAL you sig is wrong it should say

Those who know but do not speak are mute

top topics

join