It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warships box in Iranian flotilla, delay Suez passage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

Interesting premise...there are a number of countries that deny Israel is a legitimate state...conversely, there a number of countries that deny the Iranian politic is a legitimate governing body.

How this relates to the use of an 'international waterway', I fail to grasp.

Another poster mentioned UN sanctions mandating inspections of Iranian cargo...I believe this only applies to ships at 'port of call' at UN signatories.

An inspection at sea is an effective blocade, and an act of war under international law, I believe...

While so many are asking 'What will the US/Israel do", the real question is what the Iranians have to gain from such a move...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
i am led to believe the iranian navy are due to transit to syria for naval excercises. i don't have a link for this but time will tell. if anyone does attempt to hinder their transit, it could well be the spark that ignites the gunpowder.
regards f

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
More much ado about nothing.

Iranian warships enter Suez Canal

CAIRO (AP) - Suez Canal officials say two Iranian naval vessels have entered the strategic waterway en route for the Mediterranean Sea.

Canal officials say the ships - a frigate and a supply vessel - entered the canal early Tuesday morning and are expected to reach the Mediterranean later in the day. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they aren't authorized to speak publicly about the matter.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Has anyone thought to mention the odds of the coincidence of this happening?

Does US war ships pass by the Canal often?

Why do they have to be passing by and "possibly" boxing in the Iranian warships at the time where a Iranian warships are trying to pass and this being the first time since 1978(i believe) when there was a revolution with Israel. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

The US obviously has intelligence and doesn't do anything for no reason.

They also back-up Israel, so is that just another coincidence?

We'll see...
edit on 24-2-2011 by Techyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

edit on 24-2-2011 by Techyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

With the recession and dwindling resources on the planet war is becoming more likely. Countries get stressed. When a guy is pissed off, you keep well away from him. But sometimes you can't avoid it.

They say that war is externalizing your problems. Instead of fixing the internal problems you go into denial and project the problems onto something else in the world like an enemy.

If there's no peace inside, there's no peace outside. Generally, a happy person is optimistic and can even make a negative situation a positive one. It doesn't always work well, but in general it does. As I said, some things are unavoidable. But what's inside is the most important - it affects everything.

It's a throwback to the idea that the universe is observer-created. I've never bought that because there IS an external reality. However, it's undeniable that what goes on inside affects our perception. And what affects our perception, needless to say, affects our response to whatever reality might be.
edit on 24-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Israel did nothing. The Iranian ships transit the canal, and are presently docked in Latakia, Syria.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join