It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddlers and Tiaras - Princesses and Pedophiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Although this is a social issue,I am posting this in the rant forum simply because of my obvious passion on the issue and the fact that I cannot be open-minded in this regard.

After recently watching about 20 minutes worth of a show called Toddlers and Tiaras,
my mind was reduced to a steaming pile of vomit.
How on earth can someone called "mother" actually submit their child to such blatant
exploitation?

When a woman puts on a sexy outfit and goes on camera, gyrating her body and flirting
and winking at the camera, that is one thing, but to train a small child to do this is,
in my opinion and the opinion of countless others, is baiting a hook for pedophiles and
numerous other sexual deviants to salivate over. Do not be the least bit surprised if you
get more than a nibble.

Am I passionate about this topic? Oh, just a tad. I was the victim of rape at the age of 7,
due to parental neglect, which I won't go into. Does that make me entirely one-sided? Probably.
Do I apologize for that? Absolutely not. The main role of a parent is to protect their children,
NOT serve them up to the wolves on a silver platter. I think that these "mothers" are in complete
denial that these predators exist.

Please don't try to tell me how badly these little girls want to do this. I just watched this video
clip of a "mother" having her screaming child's eyebrows waxed. When it was over, I actually had my fists clenched without even knowing it.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Wasn't that special?

There is now a facebook page trying to ban the show:

www.facebook.com...

...and another facebook page trying to ban the banners:

www.facebook.com...

Here, a 2 year old toddler wears a glittering cone-bra outfit just like Madonna's.

Is it creepy? You bet. Is it made worse by the fact that there’s an entire institution
that condones this sort of thing? Absolutely. Are you going to watch it in horror while
you consider the fact that the garment being mimicked was worn while the woman who made
it famous was simulating coitus?

www.styleite.com...

I have only one thing left to say to these so-called "parents" :

GET YOURSELF A DOG!!

edit on 21-2-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: grrrrrr

edit on 21-2-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

I agree, 110%. It's like selling your child's body before they even know what it means, by the time they fully comprehend it, they are completely corrupted by how they have been raised. It makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I about got a divorce years ago from my ex wife's family because they done this crap with my niece and she was the miss jpt winner of the U.S. It is weird and immoral for the exploitation of young girls to act and dress 15 yrs older than they are already and introduce feelings of inadequacy of their natural physical stature.
I really was appalled at the lenghts these parents went through to do this.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

First, I want to say how sorry I am for what you as a child went through, and that I am sure anyone on here would love to beat that pedo to death with a baseball bat. Shooting is just too easy for them.

I agree 110% about this creepy phenomenon of these women living out their dreams of being a beauty queen vicariously through their little daughters.

Seeing a 5 year old tarted up like a Vegas hooker literally creeps me the hell out. What are these women thinking?!

They are kids, and they should have the opportunity of just being kids as long as possible, instead of being made in to a pedo's wet-dream.

EDIT: S & F
edit on 21-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: S&F

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
In addition:

"As a treatment professional of sex offenders as well as victims of sexual abuse, I would like the parents of these little girls to assume responsibility for their choices. They are sexualizing their young children. Do not be surprised if your child is preyed upon as a result of this high degree of visibility,” said Dr. Nancy Irwin, a Los Angeles-based psychotherapist. “Men can pose as agents/managers and track you/your girl down through the show. Further, know that sthey will be pleasuring themselves while looking at your daughter’s YouTube clip."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm sorry you had to go through what you did as a child, life sucks.

You're stronger than I am because I turned that show on once out of curiosity because I didn't know what it was and the title was strange. I only got about 5 minutes of it watched before turning it.

I have to believe that there is some mental illness on the parents part (usually the mother it seems) and they are trying to get something they couldn't themselves.

Nothing good can come from that lifestyle for kids.

JonBenét Patricia Ramsey (August 6, 1990 – December 25, 1996)...... Need I say more?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What really makes me laugh is when they ask "how much did you spend on the pageant?"..The mothers go into detail on the 100's and 1000's they spent on makeup, dresses, hair, shoes, talent, dance, etc...and the mothers say and "we are in to WIN the money!" which is usually like 250 bucks up to 500 dollars..umm okey dokey...

so they spend say 2500 bucks on the pageant gear and then come home with 500 bucks or under? Sound like they need a math refresher course to me

I freakin' HATE that show and really despise TLC for even airing such white trash shows. The thing that creeps me out the most is the "flipper teeth"...I mean WTF is that all about?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

No kidding Neopan....or they tell us that the money will go to the child's education. If they would just take the thousands that they spend on costumes and put it towards education...well, you catch my drift... but that's their story & they're stickin to it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100

I freakin' HATE that show and really despise TLC for even airing such white trash shows. The thing that creeps me out the most is the "flipper teeth"...I mean WTF is that all about?

Little kids lose their baby teeth around age 6, so I guess they are to fill in the gaps in their smiles.

second line.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
OMG I HATE this show!!

It's disgusting. It's parents trying to live out their failed dreams through their innocent child! It's sick!!!

I saw this show a couple times and was sickened by the parents. IMO that is child abuse. Im sorry but an 8 yr old with fake teeth and tanning and fake eye lashes! How insane are those parents.

I can't even watch this show because I just want to punch the parents out. They are emotionally screwing up their kids at a young age! I saw one where the little girl just wanted to be a kid and the damn mother forced her to do dance and crap. I mean wth!

Omg I could rant forever on this show...This show is one of MANY that is wrong with society in this damn country.

Others like it Engaged and Underage, 16 and pregnant....anything pretty much on MTV. Oh Bad Girls Club, The Real Housewives...All of it is utter trash! No wonder teens are having sex at 13 and acting like mini adults with an attitude. It's cool to be skanky and trashy now...Ugh....grrrrr....

new topics

top topics

join