It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Case You Didn't NOTICE. The Mayan Calendar Is Accurate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
HEY!!!! Am I the only person who noticed that the end of the 8th wave of the Mayan Calendar entitled, "ethics overcomes power" ended on the same day as the Egyptian Revolution. The Egyptians overthrew their oppressive leader. ETHICS OVERCAME POWER. AS PROPHESIED!!!!!!!! Believe in 2012 now naysayers? What's funny and sad is, you probably don't.

FOR THE IGNORANT GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW:
2012 IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!! It's the end of a cycle. For you, that means a change in your way of life. You don't die, you just change the way you live.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Do you have a source for these English language translations of ancient Mayan labels for us ignorant savages?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm just going to curl up in a ball and wait till i will be forced to change the way i live do to a date on a calendar, just for you *Oh great one*

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I really can not wait until Christmas Day 2012.. What a wonderful christmas it will be.

2nd.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Time doesn't exist.... clocks exist.

And why did the Mayans only mentioned what happened in Egypt and not anywhere else? Power is definitely dominant over ethics in America and I don't see that changing anytime soon, minus an extreme natural disaster.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ethics did not overcome power in Egypt. The military (the only real power in Egypt) overcame the President by suspending their own constitution. It was a military coup.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Time doesn't exist.... clocks exist.

And why did the Mayans only mentioned what happened in Egypt and not anywhere else? Power is definitely dominant over ethics in America and I don't see that changing anytime soon, minus an extreme natural disaster.

Yeah but the American people don't rebel; they have been trained not to.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Ethics did not overcome power in Egypt. The military (the only real power in Egypt) overcame the President by suspending their own constitution. It was a military coup.

Yeah but it was over an ethical principle. The people got what they wanted (ethical reform). The President was the power. He made all the rules. The military just enforced him. Like slaves. Well the military is free from that too.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

The American people WILL rebel as soon as you cut the power to their cable TVs and internet. People would be outside their homes knocking on neighbors doors asking if they have TV or internet, just like in that South Park episode. Americans don't care about the important topics, they care about only what affects them directly.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
wow!!!! .....what a prediction!!!!.....ethics over power!!!!!!!!!.....yawn...that's a tough one to predict. seems like it would have happened somewhere in central america. there are over 6 billion people on this planet...and guess what ,,,ethics over power will be happening in a lot of different places to someone on any given day.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
can you supply any sources for your information please.
thank you
kx

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Well, perhaps it was the start of the avalanche, and significant for that reason.

Although, we have to then disregard Tunisia, but with Egypt being such a central power Africa and the mid east it had a significant impact, both historically and currently.

I agree that the calendar determines the end of a cycle not the end of all. And I truly hope that there is an ethical revolution, because human history thus far has been pretty disgusting when looking at the overall picture.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

edit on 25/2/2011 by chapzeroevolve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
HEY!!!! Am I the only person who noticed that the end of the 8th wave of the Mayan Calendar entitled, "ethics overcomes power" ended on the same day as the Egyptian Revolution. The Egyptians overthrew their oppressive leader. ETHICS OVERCAME POWER. AS PROPHESIED!!!!!!!! Believe in 2012 now naysayers? What's funny and sad is, you probably don't.

FOR THE IGNORANT GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW:
2012 IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!! It's the end of a cycle. For you, that means a change in your way of life. You don't die, you just change the way you live.

big news. I am the only one who could tell you were right! And the only one who could tell i was right in being wrong in being right was you. did you know that ?? you are a fool and a jerk.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Accurate in what way?

My 2011 Calender is fairly accurate, it says today is February 25th and tomorrow will be the 26th. It also ENDS in 2011, as opposed to 2012.

The end of a cycle eh? I agree somewhat that it will change the way some people live, namely the people gullible enough to believe this 2012 nonsense, come January 2013 I'm guessing the way they live will be a bit different.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Calleman/Lungold's interpretation of a single Mayan stela is far from accurate. None of their dates match up with the events they claim. Not to mention they use terms that the Mayans never used nor were aware of, such as galaxies and mammals. Not to mention that the stela they used places the beginning of the universe several trillion years ago, but they conveniently ignore this fact since it doesn't fit their theory.

join