Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Is the Moose lodge a secret society??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Just wondering. Didn't see any threads on it.

I have been invited to join my local moose lodge and I am wondering if anyone has heard of anything nefarious associated with the moose?

I know alot of the guys in it already, and they are just normal guys, but you never can tell.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is something I have been wondering about as well... When I was younger my Boy Scout troop met at the Moose lodge, but at the time I knew nothing of Masons or secret societies. I can't remember if there were any kinds of symbols like you would find in most secret societies. All I remember is that there were pool tables (no straight cues, though
) and a bar, and a jukebox chock full of country music.

I think it's just drinkin' night with the boys, but I could be wrong.

How did they go about inviting you?

[edit on 7/16/04 by The Axeman]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
One of my buddies that I ride with on the weekends, is a "governeror?" of the local moose. And some of the other guys we ride with too are members. One of them jokingly asked me a few weeks ago if I wanted him to sponsor me for membership. I sort of declined.

Last weekend my buddy suggested my wife and I came down and hang out to see if we would be interested in joining. I told him, sure why not. But I haven't been down there yet.

We have our company Christmas party over there, and I didn't see any compas or pentagram there, but then I again I haven't been in the back rooms.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
ummmmmmm.... My grandad has been in the moose society for 20 odd years- and i have never suspected anything!!

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well, the Moose reports that some of their famous members include:

President Theodore Roosevelt
President Warren G. Harding
President Franklin D. Roosevelt
President Harry S. Truman

So if you apply the same process that many here do with the Masons, or Skull & Bones, then you could say that they were out to control U.S. and World policy.

But considering that the Moose allows women, it'd be hard to keep a secret in that organization.

(Just kidding, of course!
)

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If you KNOW about it, it is not, by definition, a secret...

Neither are Masons, for that matter.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The Loyal Order of Moose is an international fraternal organization dedicated to good fellowship, community service, and drinking Coors Light.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Franklin D Roosevelt was a moose but he was also a 33 degree mason.
Maybe the moose lodge is a more public division.

And one More thing What aboutThe Elk lodge

Does anyone know about them

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Moose international website:

www.mooseintl.org...

Benevolent & Protective Order of Elks website:

www.elks.org...

They both look like pretty good organizations to me.

They dont seem to be a secret societyat all. It all seems to be in the name of charity and having a good time.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
Just wondering. Didn't see any threads on it.

I have been invited to join my local moose lodge and I am wondering if anyone has heard of anything nefarious associated with the moose?

I know alot of the guys in it already, and they are just normal guys, but you never can tell.

The Loyal Order of Moose, like the Benevolent Protective Order of Elks is a "fraternal" society by the fact that they do have a (so-called) secret initiation ritual, but it's an "induction" ceremony modeled in some ways after Freemasonry and other fraternal societies. They (like the Masons, Knights of Pythias, Odd Fellows, Knights of Columbus, etc. etc.) are not a "Secret Society" (because their existence is quite publicly known.....Secret Societies are that...SECRET. Those who need to know about them...know about them.

Most fraternal societies have their own personal charity foundation that they support and in the case of the Moose, Elks, Owls, Shriners, etc...they generally have a "club house" with a bar and sometimes a restaurant, etc. Our local Elks Lodge has quite a few amenities for it's members including a stocked lake where members can fish, a swimming pool a full restaurant (where several Civic Clubs like the Lions and Rotary meet during the week) They also rent their banquet hall out for wedding receptions, family reunions, etc.

Regards,

-John

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well it sounds to me like it'll be safe to join. I know they've had charity poker runs in the past. And there is plenty of drinking going on there.

I think I can handle these, just didn't want to wear a funny hat and get spanked by the members or some silly schtuff.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by truegimp2000

Roosevelt was indeed a Mason, but was not 33.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
they even have there own city called Mooseheart in Illinois. It was meant as a place to house the dependants of sick or dying members.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by truegimp2000
Maybe the moose lodge is a more public division.

And one More thing What aboutThe Elk lodge

Does anyone know about them

Yea my grandpa is a Moose. Nothing but a bunch of drunken bastards trying to escape from there wives mostly.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
another respectful voice heard from...

I would never consider refering to my grandfather as Nothing but a bunch of drunken bastards trying to escape from there wives mostly...

But that's just me... I was raised to respect my elders and betters...

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It was more of a joke. That is the way my grandfather describes his fellow lodge men because they mostly sit around drinking complaining about there wives.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
OK, so the moose lodge seems to be a drunken chariatable organization.

I can hang with that. Just last month these guys put on a poker run to raise money for 2 kids here in town that had medical needs and expenses. So that fits.
And I know that the guys I ride with are some pretty hard drinking S.O.B.s
Which I can also hang with.

Thanks guys, now I won't be worried about the "Fraternial" "animal house", "old school" part of any kind of initiation ritual. "cause I'm too old for that crap!

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It could also be pointed out that Moose Lodges have roughly the same amount as female members, as male ones. It would be hard to get away from your wife at the lodge if she's a Moose too!

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I believe Moose has began to start changing their ways concerning the drunken atmosphere. The lodge in my town dropped their liquor license and now promotes itself as a family recreation center. I remember going there when I was little for a Christmas party where there was a Santa who gave every kid a present. Yeah, the relatives did all the stuff like normal, but it was still fun. No beer at that event. I don't think they have it now anymore either.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'm not one of those guys who wants to get away from his wife. If anything I would want for my wife and I to get away from our kids

top topics

<<   2 >>

join