It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Derby Dead Pool - celebrity death wager?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The Derby Dead Pool

I stumbled upon this site while doing some searches for Pete Townsend. My son could pass for him in likeness. Anyways, Pete is on the Derby Dead Pool (DDP) list.

THE BASICS – WHAT IS THE DERBY DEAD POOL? Simple – it's an online competition to guess which famous people won't make it to the end of the current year. If they're elderly, ill, or just live a high-risk lifestyle, stick 'em in your team, and for each one whose death you correctly predict, you'll score points. DDP was dreamt up in Derby, England (hence the name...) by Big Iain back in 1996, then was run from 2003-2007 by Siegfried Baboon and Rude Kid. From 2008-2009, it was run by Octopus of Odstock, but from 2010 onwards it's the turn of The Man in Black to run the DDP. 2011 is the 15th anniversary of the Derby Dead Pool.
Derby Dead Pool

The DDP from what I read on the site is a bet one places on a celebrity to not live the year. The DDP has been running for what looks like 15 years. To my amazement it has never been discussed here on ATS. They seem to have been reported in MSM though.

So is your favorite celebity or team on their wager list. Would you add your choice and participate in this game. Can you live with it?

There seems to be a moral debate about the site, which does not surprise me in the least. Seeing how it's still going strong after 15 years morals is a weak argument.

Rhain

edit on 21/2/11 by Rhain because: usual stuff spelling and grammar

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So what do you get for winning the Derby Death Pool?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/838fbd483195.gif[/atsimg]

The right to display the DDP trophy.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Lets hope that Justin Bieber, Jedward and Olly Murs are all on the list then.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
And David Cameron, most of the members of the house of parliament, Heather McCartney, and (for us here in the UK) the talentless fat bloke in the Envirophone adverts who shouts "Wonga!"

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
And David Cameron, most of the members of the house of parliament, Heather McCartney, and (for us here in the UK) the talentless fat bloke in the Envirophone adverts who shouts "Wonga!"

Nah Camerons alrite fam. Agree with Heather Mccartney and definately that Wonga donut.

It is a bit sick but why not? You can bet on anything these days. In fact I am suprised you can't have a punt on something like this at ladbrokes.....

I would bet on Amy Winehouse for this year i think.
edit on 21-2-2011 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

Wow? What did these people do to you and why would you wish this?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Bumping this thread back up.

So I guess this is no big deal, could be worst. At least they are not assassins.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
yesterday... 3 june 2011... i heard on NPR ~yes i listen toNPR sometimes~

there were 2 announcements that two former high profile celebrities died that day...
Dr Kevorkian...the doctor that aided a hundred or more suicides

The Marshall of TVs Dodge City, Matt Dillion played by James Arness?

one guy was 83 the other was 88 years

the only interest i have is that no one has brought up the news here on ATS.

RIP doctor death
RIP marshall dillon
edit on 4-6-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

You win!!

Amy Winehouse is dead.

Good job!

new topics

top topics

join