It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Troopers would 'absolutely' use force on Wisc. protesters if ordered, police union presid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
this is proof of the FACT that the police ARE THE ENEMY of the people!! defacto of course due to being on the side of their masters, TPTB.

when the so called "good guy" cops ( red herrings) realize they are the bad guys by the simple fact of who they support, protect, work for, and are fed by quit because they are enablers of evil.

a great man, my old usmc chief warrant officer taught us all this-- " cops pin on their courage and strap on their balls"--

the following quote rings so true -- the biggest hunting dogs are the police.

"Men had better be without education than be educated by their rulers; for their education is but the mere breaking in of the steer to the yoke; the mere discipline of the hunting dog, which, by dint of severity, is made to forego the strongest impulse of his nature, and instead of devouring his prey, to hasten with it to the feet of his master." Thomas Hodgskin.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

If they did ever fire real bullets into a crowd of peaceful protesters or any crowd of Americans they would have a true S*#T storm on their hands nationwide.

You can bet lots of republicans would applaud this since they hate unions with a passion.
edit on 21-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

i joined the marine corps at 17.. and i never wanted to shoot anyone, but did I do it reluctantly?

anyways, the ones who serve 4 years and get out are on the side of the people, we saw what we weren't supposed to see.. the fact we are in the belly of the beast. you better hope and prey there are enough of us "tools" as you would say on the outside.

i mean do you really think people such as yourself stand a chance going toe to toe against the bloodthirsty degenerates who may go door to door one day??

without former military there to fight back, do you actually think a bunch of untrained civilians could defeat any armed force? not likely.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

true dat!! when the unarmed protestors are returning to their cars after being shot at the police/nat guard will hoot and holler stroking each others ego. not realizing that many are just going to their cars to lock and load. then you have the police/nat guard in a group, with their guard down being flanked from all sides with furious armed citizens meeting force with force.. or at least that is how I see it if TPTB are stupid enough to actually open fire one day.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

As soon as they get the order shoot to kill many would bail.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

edit on 21-2-2011 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by canofnothing

As soon as they get the order shoot to kill many would bail.

And those that bailed would be branded traitors to their brothers in arms and be prosecuted for treason, sedition and desertion.

Sorry, as exmilitary, I know how the attitudes in the military work. It's us against THEM who ever "them" is.
The enemy is whoever your superiors tell you the enemy is. It's ugly but it's reality.

edit on 21-2-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
There always has been the question which side law enforcement would be on when the SHTF.

I really believe that they will be on the side of their "job" till made to see the light.

I live in a small town and our entire police force is 30 men & women.

The town population is about 14,000

If it all breaks loose they will soon find out that they only maintain control because the citizens agree to be controlled.

Even 30 AR-15's and full auto weapons isn't a match for 1,000 deer rifles & shotguns.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I read the story twice. There's force and then there's deadly force. Maybe that's a distinction here. Maybe not. I'm leaning toward (or maybe it's more hoping toward) just the force part. In any event, with things like this, you just don't know until it happens, as I believe we've seen in a few of the African and Middle Eastern countries. In others, well...not so good. I would hope that America and Americans are better than this.

edit on 2/21/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

great post airspoon! I looked up Authoritarianism and wow... pretty crazy, sounds alot like us these days

wow what a crazy topic this has become... ive read all the way through and i gotta say i hope the military and police wake up to what is really happening in the world, and would be on our side(people for freedom and liberty 100%)
edit on 21-2-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Did someone here forget about "Kent State"...They will shoot to kill. The police more than the Army....

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I think I should at least mention that the impression I got from this article was that we only got a portion of the interview. I think that he was answering a hypothetical. This is based on the fact that, at the end, he said that this is America and such an order would never be made. Also, if you notice, he says that he thinks if anything is going to go wrong it will be because of "agent provacateurs". Pretty crazy, huh? He knows better doesn't he?!

Here's the part I think is most important:

However, Fuller insisted, "I can't even imagine that the governor or anybody else would think that's a viable option. The protesters are not being violent. It's their right to come and protest; it's public property. The politicians are being allowed to come and go... I don't know why there would be the need for clearing anything.

"It would not look like the United States, if we did that. No one said anything to me about anything like that."

He also admitted it was "possible," given America's history, that some agent provocateurs could infiltrate the protesters to stir up trouble.

But, Fuller cautioned, "any action like that would not be something I recognize as the United States of America. That would be something that dictatorships in foreign countries do."

I have a feeling this guy is seriously regretting answering that question. I think what he says in the end is important because I have a feeling that if he were ever ordered to give the order when there was no cause for it (peaceful protesting) that he wouldn't do it. That's not his America. I'm sure he doesn't want to be pat of destroying it.\

Keep in mind that I am quite typically outraged over things such as this. But, in this case, I get the feeling that his interview was taken out of context.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

This one goes out to all of the people who are "Proud to be American"
and believe the best about our Government,Military, and Law Enforcement.
People who I have actually seen post crap defending our Military, Law Enforcement, and Government.
Saying things like "That wouldn't happen here.
They wouldn't do that to their fellow Americans"!!!!!

TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Did my four too. People the military and police would not overwhelmingly support violence against the population. There would be a schism. And a big one.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I have to agree about it possibly being a hypothetical. That's why I read it twice, slowly, to make try to make sure.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
From the same source article:

"I guess that's the one ironic thing about this," he continued. "Last night my wife asked me to make a sign for her to take down there to protest. On that day, I thought to myself I could be making a protest sign for my wife to take down there ... Then I could be down there confronting my wife with the protest sign that I made. God, you see ... That's ... That's my job.

Going as far as... confronting his wife, to do his "job" as policeman??? How far idiot goons like him can go simply to serve Law and Order, I might ask?

Talk about total Gestapo mentality here!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Exclusive: Troopers would 'absolutely' use force on Wisc. protesters if ordered, police union president tells Raw

www.raws tory.com

One rumor, which had not yet come to pass, even suggested that like Egypt's former dictator did in Tahrir Square, Gov. Walker may call in police to forcibly clear out the capitol.

And according to a Wisconsin police union president, whether the police agree or disagree with their governor's politics, they would "absolutely" carry out any order given to them ... even if that order included using force against their fellow Americans gathered in peaceful protest.

(visit the link for the full news article)

This is why I have no faith in the optimistic idea that the Military or Police force would refuse any outlandish order during a time of crisis and possible Martial Law in the US. There may be a handful that would resist, but an overwhelming majority would not know what do because they would be confused between protecting the US citizen and the constitution or honoring their 'oath' and 'duty' to their commanders. I dont blame them, I just think it sucks that they are faced with a moral dilemma such as that which puts the rest of us at the risk of losing everything.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
If it becomes necessary the authorities will declare the protest an unlawful assembly ( read the riot act") the arrests "i.e. crowd control" will commence : we had a call into the local talk radio: A state d.o.t.employee said" there's a big snowstorm on its way: the roads can be cleared quickly and efficiently or not.These idiots are operating on 30 second media sound bites from the bussed in teamsters and communists. There's plenty of people looking for jobs.do you really want to threaten purposely doing your state taxpayer paid job poorly.?There are recalls started for the dems in hiding. They've about had their fun...The people of Wisconsin voted the repubs into power. Thwart our will for as long as you dare.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

He also admitted it was "possible," given America's history, that some agent provocateurs could infiltrate the protesters to stir up trouble.

Yeah, government goons. Which is always the case. It's not just in America, they did it in Europe and in Canada.

Cops, hated worldwide... gee must be a reason uh?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I believe the police forces are doing a good job in maintaining public order such as apprehending criminals and trespassers upon private properties, keeping crime low.

However, their role in public order should be not be expected to deal with peaceful civil disobedience, or moral dilemmas will happen. Police or civilians, they are are citizens too with a stake in the country. Neither is it the role of the military, for their guns were paid by taxpayers to point outward, never inward on the hands that fed them.

Mass civil disobedience occurs when there is something wrong being done by any one of the 3 branches of gov, 2 of them or in odd cases, all 3. No human would want to expand their time in such disruptive movements unless there are major causes for it.

It is often any of the 3 branches whom are responsible for civil disobediences. Thus, it is also their responsibilities to face the masses, explain or if they have no viable solutions, resign and apologise for their mistakes that caused the mass upheavals.

It is their jobs, and not that of the police or the military, whom may be equally affected. Let the ones who pull the trigger be the one who created the problem, and see how long he lives. No one, least of all the police or military, be the fall guy for such idiots whom will only weep croc tears, absolve the police, and goes away scot free for the hurt and harm he had ordered and heap upon the masses.

Thus, should such orders be made for LEO to fire upon the masses, they should instead keep their guns holstered and safety catch on, and let the one whom had ordered the fire, pull the trigger himself, and be arrested for his crime against unarmed civilians. This is still in accordance with the sacred Constitution rights all officers had sworn to uphold.

And on the part of the protestors, they must watch out for agent provocatuers, for any signs of weapons. As it is not against the law to be carrying guns, they only need to watch out when a gun is whipped out, and wrestle the gunman to the ground. Agents are not out to kill anyway, only to provoke with gunshots, and will not shoot to kill.
edit on 22-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join