It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya warplanes bombing Tripoli: resident

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
keep the U.S. out of it. We don't need any of it.

It's up to the U.N. let's see what they do, ah nothing as usual... Oh Well, that's life...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Libya doesn't have oil...so why would they even bother?

World Desk Reference

Libya's Resources::

Fish catch per year: 33,487 tonnes

Oil production and reserves: 1.38m b/d (reserves 29.5bn barrels)

Estimated livestock resources: 4.13m sheep, 1.26m goats, 25m chickens

Main mineral resources: Oil, natural gas, iron, potassium, sulfur, magnesium, gypsum

That's ok though, most of us don't think of oil when we think of Libya. But in reality we would be wrong.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Novatrino
This world just gets more and more f***** up as time goes by (sad to admit it but it is true). I don't know what to believe in anymore now.
edit on 21-2-2011 by Novatrino because: spelling error

Ah, yes it does. Mostly because nothing is done about these types of regiemes, the powers that be just sit back and do nothing, it should be against World policy by now that it is illegal for any country to be controlled by one single individual for "his" entire lifetime...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It is a horror that the Libyan gov had devastated upon their own countrymen. Bombs, crafts and pilots paid by a nation's capital and resource. It is the worse crime any gov can heap upon its own people.

But there truly is nothing anyone else can do outside Libya. A nation's Democracy and Freedom does not come free or can be bestowed upon by others. It can never be taken for granted or its significance will be lost.

It has to come from the people themselves, willing to speak out and stand up against tyranny, with their own blood so that they and if not them, the next generations will be free. Only then can and will democracy and freedom be jealously guarded.

We on the outside must stay out of invading Libya. We can give them our support, protest against our own gov for doing biz with tyrants and murderers of Libya, force for an emergency UN security council to condemn the regime, offer and donate what we can for the affected, and pray for the innocents, regardless if we are christians, muslims, jews, buddhists, atheist, etc..for we are all human and one race. They are our brothers and sisters by divine creation....
edit on 22-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
So still nothing? No pictures? Video? Anything???

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

id dread to think what they would do in your country mate if there was a uprising on a scale like Egypt and now Libya lets hope it dont spread

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

There are almost NO foreign journalists inside of Libya my friend. You just can't compare the situation with Egypt at this point, Libya is extremly well locked from the outside world.
edit on 22-2-2011 by gnostician because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
hopefully one of Qadaffis' (sp) right hands grows a heart and delivers a bullet to stop this massacre from the inside. and the people DO need to defend themselves from this ATM until assistance arrives.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
This is definitely confirmed. Feel free to translate the following AlJazeera Article.

www.aljazeera.net...

It's saying basically that Airforce pilots were ordered to bomb civilian protesters. The good part of this article, is that several bombers and helicopters actually defected and landed in Malta and other countries, to avoid having to bomb citizens.

It does not say much other then what's in the link i gave there, that two pilots have defected on the claims of getting orders to bomb.. So no it is still not confirmed other then word of mouth

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
it's truly confirmed, i'm watching an english translation of Aljazeera live and their discussing it as we speak....er...type.

aljazeera english live (as previously posted)

(sidenote: whoever the female news anchor in black is, is beautiful!!)

FREE Libya!

and godspeed to New Zealand!
edit on 22-2-2011 by ahmonrarh because: more blabber

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

That video is unavliable... not sure if this has anything to do with it?

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, Al Jazeera is no longer available via the broadband services Jalipo and VDC.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

The very worst kind of forum contribution. Provide nothing, demand everything, lousy attitude, passive aggressive, dismissive.

Just turn on the news, pal. Al Jazeera do a very good stream.

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This situation is looking nasty. I would almost agree to intervention from our government, if they didn't have their own interests. I'm on the fence on this one.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Let's look at the evidence:

Many Civilians on the ground reporting fire from jets and helicopters.
News story carried by all media outlets and wires.
Photos of many dead suffering from significant blast trauma.
Two pilots defect to Malta - jets on the tarmac still.
Pilots say they were ordered to fire on protesters.
Reports that 150 soldiers were burned alive in their barracks for refusing to fire on protectors in Benghazi.
Ghaddafi says they will fight protesters to 'the last bullet'.

We have more evidence for this than almost any other thread in ATS history.

But what YOU want is some photograph of the fleeting, crazy moment when an area is hit by an air strike? In a country which has a fully controlled media? Wait while I get out my DSLR and my tripod!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
All these uprisings in the Middle East.
Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Yemen and Bahrain.
What's going to happen when it spreads to the UAE, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, even Iraq?
Seems one man's self-immolation on December 17 - Mohammed Bouazizi - has sparked a chain of events that no one knows the answer.
Western Governments are very quiet on taking a side.
I think we are in for a very different world.
I wonder what is happening with oil futures?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Still nothing? Did you see those facebook images? I can't believe you would actually dismiss that as "nothing".
What the f***. Sorry for the rant but that's disgusting

edit on 22/2/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
We should be more shocked by the actions of the pilots, not the despicable leadership.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

I don't think this guy would believe it even if he was in the thick of it from what I've seen him writing. How much more proof can one want? I could understand if we was on the subjects of aliens and 2012 but we are not. The amount of ignorence is unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smokersroom

Let's look at the evidence:

Many Civilians on the ground reporting fire from jets and helicopters.
News story carried by all media outlets and wires.
Photos of many dead suffering from significant blast trauma.
Two pilots defect to Malta - jets on the tarmac still.
Pilots say they were ordered to fire on protesters.
Reports that 150 soldiers were burned alive in their barracks for refusing to fire on protectors in Benghazi.
Ghaddafi says they will fight protesters to 'the last bullet'.

We have more evidence for this than almost any other thread in ATS history.

But what YOU want is some photograph of the fleeting, crazy moment when an area is hit by an air strike? In a country which has a fully controlled media? Wait while I get out my DSLR and my tripod!

While i am not denying that this is ocurring what you provide there is not really evidence and "more evidence then any other thread on ATS" wtf?? You have obviously not been on many ats threads then?

If anything this is one of the ats threads that i have seen containing the least amount of evidence but the most amount of people saying that "word of mouth" is evidence. People saying that "all msm outlets are saying this so it must be true" wtf? How long have you been on ats?

At the moment i am choosing to believe this but that is a personal choice and when considering all of the false flag operations that have occured through history then i can very, very easily understand why people need more then hearsay and word of mouth as evidence.... oh and more then a picture of one of the thousands of military aircraft in existence.

The Aljazzera report has not verified that the FB images are victems of any bombing just "victems of the violent demonstration in Libya" (which has been going on for over a week now and did not just start on Monday)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join