It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya warplanes bombing Tripoli: resident

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

So there we go there is now war in the main stretch of the Top of Africa. Looks like this is going to grow. I was wondering if this would turn into war or just resolve it's self. It doesn't ever seem to just resolve peacefully does it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

So there we go there is now war in the main stretch of the Top of Africa. Looks like this is going to grow. I was wondering if this would turn into war or just resolve it's self. It doesn't ever seem to just resolve peacefully does it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Just tell Qaddafi that the U.S. Navy is going to bomb his rear and he will stop. He thought it was coming after 9/11 so he screamed chicken. One aircraft carrier is all it takes and i bet one is full steam right now.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
WW3 oh my!!!!! NOT!! Come mon folks why does this mean the whole middle east is going up in flames?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Hate to say it, but if we in the US started rioting all over, Martial Law would be declared, and pretty much the same thing would happen. Look at what happened in Pittsburgh with the G8 Summit. Not saying they would drop bombs on the suburbs, but rubber bullets would not be used. Don't forget Kent State.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

Easy does it.

We have all sold some weapons, Patriot.

No one in the West has clean hands.

Between the "austerity" protests and the "freedom" protests it looks like none of us will be immune.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I don't mean to derail the thread here...just an observation.

I am not religious. But, I have to say that I'm thinking something BIG is about to happen. Between the massive unrest in Mideast, to n Korea, to the Arkansas and new zeland quakes.....its all beginning to make me think we are on the brink of mass death.

How will it happen? I think it will be a combo of war/natural disasters....a lethal one-two punch.

Back to the thread.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You can bet obama would do the same thing, you don't think that the military would come in? "all enemies foreign and domestic" is the mantra

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This world just gets more and more f***** up as time goes by (sad to admit it but it is true). I don't know what to believe in anymore now.
edit on 21-2-2011 by Novatrino because: spelling error

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So now someone needs to do something? Lol....so you can cry and moan about the u.s. troops even more?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Edit your post, or at least put a strong warning....

Originally posted by minkey53

Another BAD pic from Libya

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
As suspected Qaddaffi=insanity. Will someone please put this idiot in a retirement home already, I mean when my grandpa went nuts he made insane speeches at people for hours on end until we finally just stopped visiting. When people stop listening to this man's rhetorical nutzies he bombs them. Think I'll take crazy grandpa over crazy Qaddafi.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
Just imagine your protesting at the white house
and here comes 10 black hawk helicopters
they start dropping bombs on you...

I cannot imagine that at all.

Why? Because Black Hawks are equipped with rockets and machine guns.

I have never heard of a Black Hawk being equipped with bombs that are dropped.

But yes in theory, you COULD equip a Black Hawk with JDAMS or something, but it would be really ineffective and dangerous to say the least.

Instead, imagine Super Cobras or Apaches firing rockets or missiles onto you. That sounds a lot easier to imagine!

In the case of Libya, it would be Mi-24 Hinds, Mi-8 Hips, Mi-14's, and Mi-17's.
source link with more sources listed
Mi24 Hind
Mi14 Haze
Mi8 Hip
Mi17

They have around 100 Russian model helicopters, so we can assume at least a dozen of them are of operational quality and can be used for tactical strikes throughout Tripoli.

These sources say that they have over 100 Soko G-2's.
Please read about this interesting aircraft model.

The SOKO G-2 Galeb (Serbian, Croatian Sea Gull) is a two-seat, single engine, advanced trainer, counter-insurgency, ground-attack and reconnaissance aircraft developed in Yugoslavia.

It has hard points for weapon attachments.

Over 100 Aero L-39 Albatros at their disposal as well.
L-39

Over 100 Mig-23's. However the sources indicate that most are inoperable or grounded currently.
Mig-23

40 Su-22 Fitters. Those are probably still being used. Su22

They used to have 12 Mirage F1's but instead they now reportedly only have 10. Because the two defectors to Malta were flying in F1's.
Mirage F1

Two used by senior colonels to defect to Malta in February 2011 after being instructed to bombard protesters.

The Su-35's and Su-30's are supposedly still "on order" and not available yet. And it states that the Mig-21 fleet is mostly grounded.

But, they are buying 14 Rafales, possibly some JF-17s from China, and some Eurocopter Tigers.

The Libyan Air Force actually appears quite dated and limited.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Can you please elaborate on what you mean please. I do not know how to take that comment eg. sarcasm, truth, mocking etc.woops (Sorry about this post I was thinking of something else entirely).

edit on 21-2-2011 by Novatrino because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Where are the other valid sources?

These reports come from a UN ambassor a Switzerland-based Libyan "civil rights activist" and two jet pilots who defected to Malta.

Without defending Gaddhafi, this sounds all too preposterous to be true, and more balanced news sources could confirm it... or not.

TO all users, be mindful that there is a big game unfolding in the Arab world right now, and it's very hard to get the truth out of it all with only a few reports from Western mainstream media outlets.
edit on 21/2/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
Where are the other valid sources?

These reports come from a UN ambassor a Switzerland-based Libyan "civil rights activist" and two jet pilots who defected to Malta.

Without defending Gaddhafi, this sounds all too preposterous to be true, and more balanced news sources could confirm it... or not.

TO all users, be mindful that there is a big game unfolding in the Arab world right now, and it's very hard to get the truth out of it all with only a few reports from Western mainstream media outlets.
edit on 21/2/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

The two Mirage F1's have been "Confirmed" to have Defected (By MSM AP/Reuters standards at least). It's been reported around the world already by most all major news carriers. (ATS had it up early though, of course).

I personally have only seen vague videos of them landing at the airport in Malta. They were indeed F1 types I confirm but I did not see the tail markings very well, so I cannot confirm 100% their country of origin. This video is linked halfway through this thread.

Here is the story from front page CNN.

Notice again in this photo we cannot see the tail markings. Doh!

So yes I cannot help but give into the cries for verification. I would like to see this information verified as well. It seems quite plausible but we all know that "World Government" wants to grow in influence and authority. And this whole Libya crisis has the whole world begging and demanding "intervention militarily".

Which would probably end up causing more Libyans to die than would die originally, but what can you do when you don't even know truth from fiction in the media anymore?

edit on 21-2-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
The West will get accused of invasion. It's a tough one.

Yeah, we don't want to have another Iraq on our hands. Can't stop another Sadaam from wiping out entire villages with poisonous gas.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vampiri
Has this been confirmed anywhere yet? Other then one person saying it and another hearing of it?

Complete madness if true and not that i am hoping it is but it would be good with some documentation.

If it is happening every 20 min it should be possible to get some... We do not want any large military force running in guns blazing, keeping the peace on the bases of rumours now do we?

Here are reports of two fighter jets and two civilian helicopters landing on Malta , seeking asylum for being ordered to bomb though.

(translated from Norwegian)
link
edit on 21-2-2011 by Vampiri because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2011 by Vampiri because: (no reason given)

This is definitely confirmed. Feel free to translate the following AlJazeera Article.

www.aljazeera.net...

It's saying basically that Airforce pilots were ordered to bomb civilian protesters. The good part of this article, is that several bombers and helicopters actually defected and landed in Malta and other countries, to avoid having to bomb citizens.

Originally posted by JonoEnglish The West will get accused of invasion. It's a tough one.

Libya doesn't have oil...so why would they even bother?
edit on 22-2-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join