It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya warplanes bombing Tripoli: resident

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Quite frankly, we don't need the skeptism, it doesnt matter if it or is NOT the bombings, this is still going on and they are REAL dead bodies, doesnt matter what did it, it needs to STOP and now.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthsurfer

Even Chavez doesn't want this despot in his country!

Game over for Colonel Ka-Taffy!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

Italy is Libya's biggest oil customer.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I'm sure you'd feel the same way if one of those freshly dead were your relatives...or perhaps not.

Disgusting.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Extremely disgusting ...

second line.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

Well said.
This is not about UFOs, Nibiru or Planet X.
This is about real people being kill by a tyrant.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
lmao

well that request was about as useful as
peeing in the wind.

Did Moon actually think Gadaffi was gonna
stop just cuz he said so??? get real.

I doubt that he did, I assume that it's standard procedure to say something before they do something. I would be very interested to know how that conversation went, though.

Moon - “Stop the viorence immediatry. Get a new prastic surgeon while you’re at it.”
Gaddafi - “No way.”
Moon - “This is madness.”
Gaddafi - “THIS IS LIBYAAA!”

Something like that I imagine.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
After reading the post, and the different responses, the following can be stated.
As much as it is a tragedy, the people of that country are under a dictatorship, and it is one of the countries where Islam is a fundamental part of the daily lives of the citizens. There are 2 sides to going in and stopping the madness by the US or NATO. If we do not go in, then the US and its allies will be condemned for allowing such to happen, and if they do send in military forces to stop and restore the peace, it will bring about more hatred towards the US and its allies, on the part of the Islamic world. It is a lose/lose situation for all those in that country and all around. The US can not afford to go in, to do any sort of peace keeping force, as this is an internal civil war that is occurring, nor should they. However, this is the exact kind of thing that the UN is suppose to resolve, and work on, however, the UN, very rarely goes in or allow the forces deployed there to use deadly force. The solution for this, would be to allow either the neighboring countries to go in and help quell the violence, or to let this play out, and see what all happens in the time frame. Though if the government which is responsible, is victorious in their actions, perhaps stopping all business dealings with that country would have a greater effect on stating to it, that its actions is not acceptable, and that it needs to treat its own citizens with some degree of respect, to include not using military hard ware on unarmed civilians.
The other aspect of this, is that this is not the only country right now going through turmoil, or a civil war in the world, it seems like a lot of the Islamic countries are up in flames right now, demanding changes in the governments. The question should be, why now, and who ultimately is behind these uprisings. One or 2 countries, that would not be so bad, but when it is 9 or 10, there is something going on, and we should wonder if all of them are linked together.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Reuters: Reports that Muammar Gaddafi will be delivering an address on TV soon.

Aljazeera said the aeroplane refuse to bomb Benghazi and landed in the airport

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The tweet in our previous entry backs up the latest eyewitness reports we've received from Tripoli. "Largely quiet" is the verdict, with many shops closed throughout the day. But there are reports of stand-off with the army in several suburbs. And - as we reported earlier - a particularly tense atmosphere in Fashloom, a poor area of the city.

Sounding better.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So they're dead. Would it make a difference if these were government employees who were slaughtered by the protestors? Of course it has to stop but you guys are automatically assuming this was the government bombing civillians from planes. Also the topic of the thread is "Libya warplanes bombing Tripoli: resident" so it is a valid question. As of yet I have not seen a single bit of evidence to suggest that the topic is correct.
Also if those were my relatives... wth does that have do with anything?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is actually kind of strange the way this is developing. I am not saying it "isn't" happening because I don't know for sure either way, but if it were it seems like there would be massive headlines on at least some if not all major news outlets, but all i am finding is a tweet here or a conflicting report there. So it's either that it is still very early in the event and we got this news way before anyone else and they are still scammering to report it, or it is being covered up somehow which is possible I guess. Or someone jumped the gun and a few shots were fired and it was blown way out of proportion. This thread has been going for awhile now and no concrete evidence this is as bad as the threads headline makes it out to be.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist

From Tripoli, one eyewitness told the BBC that people there are expecting a major event tonight - "a final battle" were the words used.

BBC Live Updates

I want to go andhelp them fight the tyrant, but my genuine fear is that I may be needing my strength for my own country very soon.

As for it not happening in any of our backyards - there's news that the Wisconsin police are prepared to use whatever force necessary to quell any rebellions there...following orders...

Everybodies sick of it. The perfect storm. Rising unemployment, food prices, oil prices gov't that don't listen but stick their heads in the sand and raise taxes and think i'm alright jack its not happening in my backyard . Yet

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

The poster raises a good point. We don't know who those people are or how they died. We are going on the report of "a resident" while a Reuters reporter said that the attacks were not happening. How do we know this is not a protester simply saying that civilians are being killed? We all know Gaddafi is no angel, but we should not being jumping the gun on this. We should instead be trying to verify the reports.

ETA: When I say "how they died," I mean, who killed them.
edit on 21-2-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

it would make no differance, human life is human life ... precious, like all forms of life. All loss of life is wrong.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthsurfer

There is a complete media blackout in Libya. The only sources you are going to find are eyewitness and military defectors. From these you can actually get a pretty good outline:

11:00pm: Libyan state TV says "security forces have begun an extensive operation against dens of vandals".

10:59pm: Libyan city of Misratah, east of Tripoli, is latest to be attacked by airstrikes. Heavy artillery fire devastates buildings as tanks roll into the city, witnesses tell Al Jazeera.

10:57pm: Antonio Patriota, Brazilian foreign minister, denies Gaddafi has requested asylum in Brazil

10:56pm: Al Jazeera's Anita McNaught, reporting from Istanbul, says Turkey "has 25,000 reasons to tiptoe around the Gaddafi regime - the number of its citizens still in the country.

10:52pm: Two military planes reportedly land at Benghazi airfield - after their pilots refused to attack the city, our colleagues at Al Jazeera Arabic tell us.

10:49pm: Yet more airstrikes are targeting civilians, right now, in the city of Az-Zawiya- west of Tripoli, witnesses tell Al Jazeera. No news yet of numbers killed or injured.

blogs.aljazeera.net...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So basically all the attention and cameras of the world focused on the area we only have few 'eye witness' testimonies of these 'planes'. Weak at best.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

In my post 'TRYING TO FLEE LIBYA', I inserted an email I received from a UK teacher friend who had just arrived in Tripoli, having fled Benghazi. The email was sent on Saturday 19th Feb at 10.30 pm (UK time) and he
wrote "Several colleagues being bombed in Benghazi..." so for what it's worth, he was an eye witness.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

So they're dead. Would it make a difference if these were government employees who were slaughtered by the protestors? Of course it has to stop but you guys are automatically assuming this was the government bombing civillians from planes. Also the topic of the thread is "Libya warplanes bombing Tripoli: resident" so it is a valid question. As of yet I have not seen a single bit of evidence to suggest that the topic is correct.
Also if those were my relatives... wth does that have do with anything?

One word you need to learn the meaning of - RESPECT.

You will obviously never understand why calling the freshly dead:

a bunch of dead bodies

is an offensive way to refer to them.

Would you mind me calling several dead you truly cared about as a mere "Bunch of dead bodies"???

You are seriously lacking in empathy and good for you! You'll not be able to feel the suffering of your human brothers and sisters in Libya.

But you're not there, so how can you feel their pain, eh.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join