It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya warplanes bombing Tripoli: resident

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

But Adel Mohamed Saleh, who called himself a political activist in Tripoli, said the aerial bombing had initially targeted a funeral procession.

"What we are witnessing today is unimaginable. Warplanes and helicopters are indiscriminately bombing one area after another. There are many, many dead," Saleh told al Jazeera television in a live broadcast.

"Our people are dying. It is the policy of scorched earth." he said. "Every 20 minutes they are bombing."

Asked if the attacks were still happening he said: "It is continuing, it is continuing. Anyone who moves, even if they are in their car they will hit you."

The BBC also quoted a witness in Tripoli as saying he could see people being shot by aircraft

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Now there are not only reports of planes and helicopters attacking protestors - but of two jet pilots defecting to Malta, rather than obey orders to fire on civilians:
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

The pilots of two Libyan military jets that landed in Malta on Monday are "senior colonels" who were ordered to bomb protesters, Al Jazeera satellite network reports.

edit on 21-2-2011 by LS650 because: stuff

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Feb 21 (Reuters) - U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki Moon had an extensive discussion with Libya leader Muammar Gaddafi on Monday, condemned the escalating violence in Libya and told him it "must stop immediately," a U.N. spokesman said.

www.reuters.com...

lmao

well that request was about as useful as
peeing in the wind.

Did Moon actually think Gadaffi was gonna
stop just cuz he said so??? get real.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I call bs. untill I see some pictures or videos from rebutable sources. This is just one report and don't see anything reliable in it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by goatfish

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
The West will get accused of invasion. It's a tough one.

Maybe NATO or UN forces could step in?

Gaddafi is a lunatic. Hopefully after all is said and done he will be removed from power.

I hope they feed him into a wood chipper feet first. Hopefully he will not flee the country with 70 Billion dollars like Mubarak did.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Its on the rolling baner of live BBC NEWS now. www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Residents give conflicting reports of Tripoli attacks...Reuters

Looks like it's still not clear if this is really happening.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

From Tripoli, one eyewitness told the BBC that people there are expecting a major event tonight - "a final battle" were the words used.

BBC Live Updates

I want to go andhelp them fight the tyrant, but my genuine fear is that I may be needing my strength for my own country very soon.

As for it not happening in any of our backyards - there's news that the Wisconsin police are prepared to use whatever force necessary to quell any rebellions there...following orders...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by PsykoOps

Its on the rolling baner of live BBC NEWS now. www.bbc.co.uk...

That has to make it true
What's their source? I bet it's the same story.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Pictures worth a thousand words

Very graphic
www.facebook.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So there's a bunch of dead bodies? Btw, I'm pretty sure that is so graphic that it might be considered against T&C. And also didn't see any planes there or any cause for those injuries either.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

Thank You.

Not that I needed the proof.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Twitter Breaking News

Not much there either other than it says...Libyan military aircraft fire live ammo at Tripoli protesters, witnesses tell Al Jazeera TV

And...Update: Senior source in Hugo Chavez administration denies Gadhafi of Libya coming to Venezuela - Reuters

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
UNCONFIRMED

Two planes from Italy are being deployed with soldiers to fight FOR Gaddafi.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

I think that people will see this as the absolute worst-case scenario, and then proceed knowing that it "can't be as difficult as it was in Libya".

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
So there's a bunch of dead bodies? Btw, I'm pretty sure that is so graphic that it might be considered against T&C. And also didn't see any planes there or any cause for those injuries either.

I understand your skepticism, but be aware that if you are wrong and this is all very real and happening now, your callous words will return to haunt you.

Please show at least minimal respect until you knowt what's going on.

Yes, they are pics of "A Bunch Of Dead Bodies"...REAL DEAD HUMAN BODIES, three hours old.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

I feel...:/ I can't describe it... I wish I could do something...
edit on 21/2/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Supposed fighter jet arriving in Malta

www.frequency.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist
I understand your skepticism, but be aware that if you are wrong and this is all very real and happening now, your callous words will return to haunt you.

Please show at least minimal respect until you knowt what's going on.

Yes, they are pics of "A Bunch Of Dead Bodies"...REAL DEAD HUMAN BODIES, three hours old.

I cannot be wrong in the issue. Apparently some reading comprehension issues or something there?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

This is none of NATO's concern.. IF anything, it would be a UN matter but right now, its an internal Libyan matter.
Let them sort it out.

When any country is indiscriminately bombing civilians, it ceases to be an "Internal matter", much like if you start abusing your child in most western countres, it ceases being a personal matter.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join