It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Steer Car With the Power of Thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

ScienceDaily (Feb. 21, 2011) — You need to keep your thoughts from wandering, if you drive using the new technology from the AutoNOMOS innovation labs of Freie Universität Berlin. The computer scientists have developed a system making it possible to steer a car with your thoughts. Using new commercially available sensors to measure brain waves -- sensors for recording electroencephalograms (EEG) -- the scientists were able to distinguish the bioelectrical wave patterns for control commands such as "left," "right," "accelerate" or "brake" in a test subject.

Imagination the implications of this. With enough development war machines could be controlled remotely with the mind.

I'm sure the government have already looked into this a bit further.

Hopefully we don't have a skynet type incident

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If you eat enough RFID nano particles, they can control you with the power of their thoughts too. If I've thought of it, they have a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Wow, this is amazing. Just imagine the possibilities of this kind of technology. I can't wait until this becomes more mainstream and new products are invented that utilize our brainwaves to operate things.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What happens when you think:

"That ditch at the left is pretty deep"
Do you end up in said ditch? I would hope not.

new topics

join