It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is a sin.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD. -Proverbs 17:15

You are only condemning yourselves before God by defending homosexuality.

Thats besides the point. First you have to prove the existence of God.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Marulo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

You wrote:

["I don't see how quoting scripture is considered hate."]

This is a semantic game. Quoting the part of scripture which 'explains' slavery then isn't racism either. Or I could quote Hitler's 'Mein kampf' (presenting it as 'true'), but 'ofcourse' without saying anything bad about jews.

This is LOW-GRADE you're presenting.

Quote: ["There is 2 billion Christians in the world, are you calling them hateful for following the words of God?"]

Of which app. half are nominal and half professing. And how dare you make yourself spokes-person of all christians, many of whom would shudder at your attitudes. Rhetoric.

Quote: ["It's because people are of the world that they have a hatred and aversion towards the gospel message."]

Circle-argument (if you're familiar with that expression. It's from logic).

Quote: ["That is why everyone is attacking this thread and praising the homosexual lifestyle choice."]

Could be because we consider you bigotted, intolerant and ignorant. And you (again rhetorically) mix 'praising' with 'people make their private choices' (which are none of your darn business anyway).

Quote: ["If you was of God you'd understand but you are the world and under Satan's spell."]

Personally I consider that religious 'box' you refer to as insane. Fortunately I can reject it these days (and may it stay so), and there's nothing you can do about that.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
As a Christian I believe the bible is God's word. In believing that you must believe homosexuality is a sin...not "the sin"....but a sin.

We are told to treat out brother as ourself so that tells us how all people should be treated. You want to persecute another for their sin then persecute yourself for your own first..."first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye"...

You're trying to say, that because it's 'inside your system' (that is, what you and your book say) it's untouchable on any ground. So KEEP it inside your system. If you go out with it publicly it's not sacrosanct anymore, but can be met as any other part of public life.

IF such manifestations as this thread even to the slightest degree implies interference with any individuals' private lives, it's fascism.

It doesn't matter how much it's sugar-coated or 'explained' through the use of one of the ever self-contradicting parts of the holy manual...the message is still completely un-acceptable in contemporary society.

And it emphasizes the basic elitism of the whole system, alienating it from egalitarian, liberal society.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I'd be fascinated to know how you, OP, would react if you were gay right now. Where would that put you? Would you deny your faith? would you deny god's existence because of the fact that you were gay?

Do you have any idea what gays have to go through in life? No, you don't. They have to deal with ignorant bible bashers like you! Do you know how that can affect someone? Its not fun buddy, so I recommended you back-off and come back only when you have a non-biased opinion on something you obviously don't understand. You've done enough damage here I think.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad-H
I'd be fascinated to know how you, OP, would react if you were gay right now. Where would that put you? Would you deny your faith? would you deny god's existence because of the fact that you were gay?

Do you have any idea what gays have to go through in life? No, you don't. They have to deal with ignorant bible bashers like you! Do you know how that can affect someone? Its not fun buddy, so I recommended you back-off and come back only when you have a non-biased opinion on something you obviously don't understand. You've done enough damage here I think.

I'm not gay nor would I ever be. Besides just because someone is gay doesn't mean God doesn't exist, that doesn't change the fact that he is Lord and Creator.

An un-biased opinion? The only biased I see here is all the anti-Christian sentiments. People in this thread say I'm intolerant for quoting scripture and pointing out that homosexuality is a sin but they spew hatred and intolerance for any type of Christian opinion on the matter. How can you be 'tolerant' and then bash Christianity in the same sentence?

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin. -Romans 3:20

What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.” -Romans 7:7

If it wasn't for the law people would be unaware of what is sinful. There is nothing wrong with pointing out what God calls sin. It's because people live in darkness that they reject the truth.

Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law. -Romans 3:31

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own -1 Corinthians 6:19

Your body is a temple to the Holy Spirit. You shouldn't defile it by any means, either by homosexuality, premarital sex, prostitution, drug use, etc.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhxManX
OP, I don't mean to put you on the spot. But are you possibly...maybe...could be a closet homosexual? Just askin'. Cuz I was brought up a Southern Baptist and know all too well the rhetoric and hatred towards homosexuality. I was quite the Bible thumper myself and could point my finger in judgment with the best of 'em. And I was very vocal about my views on homosexuality....Stone 'em to death!!!

But the truth of the matter, I WAS a closeted homo myself. I WAS self-loathing. I WAS in denial. I didn't want to be a 'degenerate'. But no matter what I did...all the praying and pleading to God did nothing 'make me change'. At one point in my life, the burden of my so called sin was weighing heavy on my heart. I was literally tormented and torn up inside...living a lie and pretending to be something I wasn't (picture the tough macho bully picking on a perceived gay guy...that bully was me!).

The thought of taking my own life was quickly becoming my only viable option to end the lies and self hatred. At my darkest hour, I was 'saved' by the very Bible that condemned me. I picked up the Bible, randomly opened it up to Matthew 19:11-12.

("...All *men* cannot receive this saying, save *they* to whom it is given. For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from *their* mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive *it*, let him receive *it*.")

Those two verses saved my life. To me, it was crystal clear that Jesus Himself said it was okay to be gay. That is MY interpretation. Take it, or leave. That was over 20 years ago I had that epiphany.

Today, I'm HAPPILY in a committed relationship that going on 21 years now with a man that I love. And guess what!? He's an Atheist! Go figure! Anyway, I still believe and am very spiritual...but not religious by any means. I've cleansed myself of all the ridiculous dogma that kept me tormented throughout my entire childhood, teen and early adult years.

OP, I hope you can understand this. I'm okay and gay. And you're okay too...despite your belief system. I forgive you for condemning me.

Why do people keep asking if I'm a homosexual or in the closet? This is an ad hominem attack. If I said Communism was wrong does that make a closet Communist? Of course not.

By this type of logical everyone that post against Christianity is a closet Christian. Doesn't make much sense does it?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
Im a Christian myself and do believe homosexuality is a sin, but what about the people that say they are born gay or born lesbian, how should they live their lives, what if they indeed were born homosexual, is it their fault or God's or what?

People aren't born homosexual. Read Genesis, God made man and woman so they could come together and be one flesh.

People choose homosexuality as a lifestyle choice and reject God. The Bible says you can't serve two masters, you either love one and hate the other. You can see by the replies in this thread that people hate God and love the world. I will pray for everyone here that has posted, may Christ guide you to the light.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dukeofjive
Its funny to see that the op is only replying to a few post on here, and the ones he replies too are the ones on his side, or the easy answers.

Its pretty sad that in 2011 people still can think like that, maybe your just afraid of the unknown like most people, so mayber you need to make new friends or meet the ones you seem to hate so much, there not that much different than you, if youd really upon your eyes.
edit on 22-2-2011 by dukeofjive because: wrong letters hehe

I'm trying to respond to as many as I can. I'm trying to catch up on replying this morning.

I've never claimed to hate homosexuals. I'm just pointing out that it is a sin and that people need to turn away from it. Just because someone quotes what the Bible says is sin doesn't make them a hatemonger.

The Bible says that lying is a sin. If I made a topic on that no one would really have said anything. You wouldn't say "You're a hateful person because you say lairs are sinning." There seems to be a double standard on these topics, as long as no one touches on controversial topics no one cares but if they mention homosexuality they are automatically spewing hate and a bigot.

I never claimed I hate homosexuals, I merely stated that God views it as a sin and that people need to turn away from that lifestyle choice to be saved by Jesus Christ.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I noticed you never commented on my post my friend. Can you dispute Christ's own words? Here, I will try again.

Originally posted by IAMIAM
Christ came to fulfil the law and the Prophets. When he died on the cross he said, "It is finished". He died for what was considered sin in the Old Testament. Those laws are done. The Kingdom of Heaven and it's law is what applies now.

16The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it. 17And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

What is that law?

36Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Remember that in the Kingdom of Heaven, judgement is reciprocal!

1Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

As the Kingdom of Heaven draws upon us, are you doing the will of the Father as mentioned in Christ's commandments or are you stuck in the old testament?

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Why anyone would listen to Paul who NEVER knew Jesus is beyond me considering he warned:

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

And behold the fruit of Paul, the ravenous Catholic Church.

10His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry. 11But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given. 12For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Now how is one a eunuch from birth? They have no desire for women.

This is a time for judging your own actions and ensuring that what you do and what you say comes from a place of non-judgement of others and pure love for all.

The Kingdom of God is within you, tend YOUR kingdom, and let God deal with the Kingdom of others.

With Love,

Your Brother

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Sorry I must have missed your post.

Being a eunuch has nothing to do with being a homosexual.

Remaining Single Is Sometimes the Price of Following Jesus (19:10-12)

The disciples are concerned about the danger of marrying without an escape clause, and Jesus responds to their question (Carson 1984:418-19; France 1985:282). Parents arranged marriages, and in Galilee at least prospective spouses could not spend time alone until after the wedding (Safrai 1974-1976b:756-57; Finkelstein 1962:1:45). Then, more so than today, marriage partners could not know in advance how their spouse would turn out. To marry without the possibility of divorce in a painful marriage seemed worse than not marrying at all! Responding to this objection, Jesus replied that some would indeed be better off not marrying; perhaps because of the intensity of their calling, it would be difficult for them to find a compatible spouse who would share their commitment (this is not only an ancient situation).

Jesus' remark about celibacy is graphic and would certainly seize the attention of Jewish listeners; Jewish people did not allow eunuchs into the covenant (Deut 23:1; though compare Is 56:4-5; Tannehill 1975:136-37). Although some sectarians in the wilderness may have preferred celibacy, mainstream Jewish society regarded marriage and childbearing as solemn responsibilities (Keener 1991a:72-78). A metaphor of such shame and sacrifice testifies to the value of the kingdom of God for which anyone would pay such a price (Tannehill 1975:138-40). By embracing both shame and temporary self-control, Joseph to a lesser extent models the nature of this demand (1:25; compare 1 Cor 7).

Source

Eunuch

Literally bed-keeper or chamberlain, and not necessarily in all cases one who was mutilated, although the practice of employing such mutilated persons in Oriental courts was common (2 Kings 9:32; Esther 2:3). The law of Moses excluded them from the congregation (Deuteronomy 23:1). They were common also among the Greeks and Romans. It is said that even to-day there are some in Rome who are employed in singing soprano in the Sistine Chapel. Three classes of eunuchs are mentioned in Matthew 19:12.

Source

Homosexuality was never advocated in Judaism or Christianity. Show me where in the scriptures that it is. I've posted before and quoted from scripture that saying what a sin is isn't being judgmental so you're point is mote.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Im pretty sure he just did....a man born a eunuch. It doesn't mean born with no testicals, it means gay...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Homosexuality was never advocated in Judaism or Christianity. Show me where in the scriptures that it is. I've posted before and quoted from scripture that saying what a sin is isn't being judgmental so you're point is mote.

I'll make it easier, show me a man, one man who christ denied would enter heaven. I care not what the sin, just show me one man.

He was crucified with a thief and a murderer, and he told them they would make it into heaven that day, and this was while they mocked him.

As he was nailed to the cross he begged the heavenly father to even forgive those who had judged him, tortured him, and were then murdering him. They too are destined to heaven.

All the men Christ encountered he forgave and loved. He condemned no one.

Yet here you are feeling you are more righteous than Christ and have the right by God to point out others Sins?

Hypocrite!

Hunger for righteousness. Starve for righteousness. Forever seek righteousness. For once you think you have found it, you are NOT righteous.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You wrote:

["People in this thread say I'm intolerant for quoting scripture and pointing out that homosexuality is a sin but they spew hatred and intolerance for any type of Christian opinion on the matter."]

You are generalizing. The critics here don't "spew hatred and intolerance for any type of christians". Just for your kind, and then it's not even an especially agressive kind of hatred and intolerance (you don't risk being burned or stoned).

It's just a defense of an exposed minority, just as jews and africans were in Hitler-germany and communist dissidents were in Sovjet.

You probably believe, that your version of ideological fascism is justified, from the self-contained 'argument' that: "I'm right, because I'm right".

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You wrote:

["I never claimed I hate homosexuals, I merely stated that God views it as a sin and that people need to turn away from that lifestyle choice to be saved by Jesus Christ."]

Correspondingly I can say, that I never have claimed, that extremist christians are idiots or insane. But I can hide inside a 'system' and refer to its analysis of the often low educational level of christian fanatics or the frequency of religious psychosis amongst them.

But I'm mum. I never said anything of that kind myself; higher authorities, for whom I'm not responsible, did.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I'll make it easier, show me a man, one man who christ denied would enter heaven. I care not what the sin, just show me one man.

He was crucified with a thief and a murderer, and he told them they would make it into heaven that day, and this was while they mocked him.

As he was nailed to the cross he begged the heavenly father to even forgive those who had judged him, tortured him, and were then murdering him. They too are destined to heaven.

All the men Christ encountered he forgave and loved. He condemned no one.

Yet here you are feeling you are more righteous than Christ and have the right by God to point out others Sins?

Hypocrite!

Hunger for righteousness. Starve for righteousness. Forever seek righteousness. For once you think you have found it, you are NOT righteous.

With Love,

Your Brother

Yes indeed Christ does forgive sinners but they have to turn away from their old ways. The thief next to Jesus was the only one he directly said would join him in heaven. That was an exception. He forgave others of their sins but he also warned them not to sin anymore:

Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.” -John 5:14

She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. -John 8:11

Also not everyone will be saved:
but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. -Matthew 24:13

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. -Matthew 7:21

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. -Matthew 7:13-14

Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’ “But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’ “Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’ “But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’ “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. -Luke 13:25-28

Simply believing in Christ isn't enough:
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. -James 2:19

Here is verses that say you have to turn away from your sin when you accept Christ, the Bible is clear on this:

If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,”and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.” -2 Peter 2:20-22

What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? -Romans 6:1-2

What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means! Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. -Romans 6:15-18

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do. -James 1:22-25

As for the thief on the cross he didn't mock or insult him, the other one did but not him, you seem to be confused on this. Here is the section of scripture for clarification:

39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”

40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[a]”

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.” -Luke 23:39-43

That is the only instance were Christ specifically told someone they would enter Heaven with him. That thief repented of his sins but not the other. Only one of them entered paradise with Christ that day.

edit on 23-2-2011 by TinFoilHatMan55 because: Added more scriptural references.

edit on 23-2-2011 by TinFoilHatMan55 because: Added another verse.

edit on 23-2-2011 by TinFoilHatMan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means! Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. -Romans 6:15-18

You do not know what Sin is. It is not your place to judge what is or is not Sin. It is your place to love and to forgive, that others will not do what Sin's they do.

You cling to the old faulty laws written by Man through his imperfect understanding of what God IS. Christ gave a new commandment which he begged, pleaded, and died that his followers would keep it.

That commandment is simply to LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

That is the whole of Christ's law.

If you love one another, the murderer will no longer wish to murder. The thief will not have to steal. The adulterer will not have to find love elsewhere. You will have no other God's but the one true God because you will see him in everyone. You will not covet your neighbors goods because all will have what they desire.

If you do Christ's commandments instead of the imperfect laws of the Mosaic Code, as he commanded, you will not be worried about telling people what sin is, they will already know.

Do unto others as you would have them due unto you.

If you have an issue with homosexuality, do not sleep with a man. Love them anyway.

It is that simple. Follow Christ's example, or do not claim to follow Christ!

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 23-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You do not know what Sin is. It is not your place to judge what is or is not Sin. It is your place to love and to forgive, that others will not do what Sin's they do.

You cling to the old faulty laws written by Man through his imperfect understanding of what God IS. Christ gave a new commandment which he begged, pleaded, and died that his followers would keep it.

That commandment is simply to LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

That is the whole of Christ's law.

If you love one another, the murderer will no longer wish to murder. The thief will not have to steal. The adulterer will not have to find love elsewhere. You will have no other God's but the one true God because you will see him in everyone. You will not covet your neighbors goods because all will have what they desire.

If you do Christ's commandments instead of the imperfect laws of the Mosaic Code, as he commanded, you will not be worried about telling people what sin is, they will already know.

Do unto others as you would have them due unto you.

If you have an issue with homosexuality, do not sleep with a man. Love them anyway.

It is that simple. Follow Christ's example, or do not claim to follow Christ!

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 23-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

You just want to pick and choose how you want to view Christ. He spoke about Hell more than anyone and told people they needed to turn from their sins and repent and not go about sinning anymore.

Christ condemned people all the time, the Pharisees, money changers and merchants at the temple, rich people that loved wealth instead of God.

(Also I added to my above post about the thieves on the crosses because you miss remembered what really happened.)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You just want to pick and choose how you want to view Christ. He spoke about Hell more than anyone and told people they needed to turn from their sins and repent and not go about sinning anymore.

Christ condemned people all the time, the Pharisees, money changers and merchants at the temple, rich people that loved wealth instead of God.

(Also I added to my above post about the thieves on the crosses because you miss remembered what really happened.)

That is not the only time Christ said Man would enter Heaven with him. He talked a great deal on how one would enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I am certain you have read it, so I will not bore you with repeating it.

You are still looking for the Kingdom of Heaven, one day you may find it.

I am talking from the Kingdom of Heaven, and I am inviting all in.

Pharisees, Money Changers, Merchants, are all titles of people that Christ condemned. They are not the people themselves.

That is what is being burned in the pit of fire, the systems of iniquity, the titles that separate Man form Man.

I'll tell you no more for you do not believe me anyway.

Watch.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

That is not the only time Christ said Man would enter Heaven with him. He talked a great deal on how one would enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I am certain you have read it, so I will not bore you with repeating it.

You are still looking for the Kingdom of Heaven, one day you may find it.

I am talking from the Kingdom of Heaven, and I am inviting all in.

Pharisees, Money Changers, Merchants, are all titles of people that Christ condemned. They are not the people themselves.

That is what is being burned in the pit of fire, the systems of iniquity, the titles that separate Man form Man.

I'll tell you no more for you do not believe me anyway.

Watch.

With Love,

Your Brother

The thief on the cross was A MAN that Christ specifically stated would enter Heaven. No where else did he specifically say that specifically a person would directly enter heaven. You're using semantics. The thief was A MAN you are saying MAN meaning many people.

Also you are denying Christ as judge. There is numerous verses that state he will judge mankind:

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son

Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Matthew 11:22-24 But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you. And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Romans 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God.

Ecclesiastes 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-10 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Revelation 20:11-15 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Jude 14-15 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom.

Matthew 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Jude 15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

That should be enough scripture to prove that Christ is also a judge. I don't know what more you want. The scripture is clear enough on the matter. You just keep denying the fact and want to worship a false ideal of Jesus as a live and live kind of guy which is a false New Age view.

He warned about eternal damnation in Hell and said not everyone would enter Heaven. I posted about this already.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join