It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is a sin.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Homosexuality is always wrong if there is a gay person you want to piss off.

Aside from that, it's completely fine.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I really don't have the energy to type out a long post to another misguided attempt at evangelical trolling so I will just let this image do the talking for me.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/170ba87e809d.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 21-2-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing sums up the teachings of the bible for me in regards to the gay issue as this does:
Art Bell (Yotube Link)
Enjoy!!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The first thing that came to my mind was, dont ever get stuck in a supermarket with this guy whilst there's a mist outside.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable. -Leviticus 18:22

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. -Romans 1:26-27

“It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.' ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” -Mark 10:5-9

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” -Revelation 21:8

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. -1 Corinthians 6:9-10

for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me. -1 Timothy 1:10-11

Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.-Revelation 22:15

I don't know why people argue of the homosexuality issue. The Bible clearly condemns homosexuality as a sin. Christ even said God made man and woman and should be brought together.

Christ said it will be like the days of Noah (Matthew 24:38) which was full of ungodliness and debauchery before he returns. Dear friends we are living in the End Times. Please repent before it's too late. God has been holding back his wrath 2 Peter 3:9 so that more will come to repentance and not perish.

Guess what? JUDGING PEOPLE ISN'T YOUR JOB, ACCORDING TO YOUR BIBLE. So, you just defied god. You just told yourself to burn in Hel. Besides, is there a reason its "immoral"? Rape? Yup, thats awful, but what does homosexuality do? And besides that, we all "sin"...youre born in sin. SO, all go to Hell, according to you. Even your Jesus, as his mother wasn't married to Jesus' father....soo explain that?

Good luck to ya.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

holding onto these beliefs as absolute is condemnable by many people in the universe, that is if we gave a what about these "sins" in the first place. What if a planet of people existed out there and held the belief that those that hold the belief of two of the same sexed people being mentally and physically intimate is wrong, thus is condemnable by their "God" due to intolerance of a sound act, well then you'd have situation, wouldn't you? Should have more faith in balance, fear crazers...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

yes accept the truth.......THAT YOU ARE GAY!!!!! religion needs to stop hating, hop off the gay penis tip, and if you think they are sinners than let them more room in heaven or w.e for those religious people. am i right? and if god isn't able to love people the way they are, and we can, than i think we are better than god, after all god is love right?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Wait how do you explain all those animals that have homosexual tendencies
source - en.wikipedia.org...

Are they sinful? Or your explanation is that they have no soul? So humans are the only animals who have a soul in this universe? What are you going to tell me next? Aliens are demons? There are supposedly 500 million planets in this galaxy alone that can support life. Are you going to tell me they all inhabit demons?

Here watch this about your noah's ark

Hinduism is one the oldest religion in the world and sanskrit is one of the oldest languages in regards to religion. I don't think your christianity and your pompous belief that everything after the birth of jesus christ is the only relevant thing necessary to understand in life.

edit on 21-2-2011 by nahsik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD. -Proverbs 17:15

You are only condemning yourselves before God by defending homosexuality.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I don't claim to know everything but here's a few things I've learned. The scripture's in the bible were written to a specific people at a specific time. The people of that time knew what the scripture's meant. In those times you had a lot of pagan sexual peusdo religions. You were not allowed to participate sexually in the worship of other deities.Because in doing so they were not putting God first. The reference in Leviticus refers to gay marriage at the time. The verse about a man leaving his wife(Mark10:5-9) is talking about divorce, and since gays weren't married at the time it didn't refer to them. Sodom and Gommorah were not destroyed because of homosexuality they were destroyed because the people there wanted to rape the angels. People need to study more and judge less. Just my 2 cents. Have a good one.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I would like to point out, that this thread is technically off-topic...regarding forum rules. It's bullying.

Considering the quotes from Leviticus are antiquated rules and law. The reasons Leviticus stated these laws in the first place was to increase population, as it was needed in the time. It has nothing to do with the current state of the world.

Just sayin'......

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik

What are you going to tell me next? Aliens are demons? There are supposedly 500 million planets in this galaxy alone that can support life. Are you going to tell me they all inhabit demons?

Actually he already has a thread going titled UFO's=Demons/Satan
check it out here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
I would like to point out, that this thread is technically off-topic...regarding forum rules. It's bullying.

Considering the quotes from Leviticus are antiquated rules and law. The reasons Leviticus stated these laws in the first place was to increase population, as it was needed in the time. It has nothing to do with the current state of the world.

Just sayin'......

Right! If anything now we need to do the opposite of populate.....
Wait... that sounded a bit morbid... I mean support gay people.

edit on 21-2-2011 by nottheonlyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Liked the video it reminded me of this one

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD. -Proverbs 17:15

Sounds like you would be right at home with Reverend Phelphs and the Westboro Baptist folks I think they share a common line of thought with you.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I refuse your "God" and his "Heaven", if to be there means I'd be forced to spend eternity with anyone like you!!

You sir are ignorant, and full of hate in the name of a "book" you read.

A TRUE God will not judge so blindly. A TRUE God loves and accepts ALL of his creations. He does NOT make mistakes.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

And you condemn yourself. Prejudice is immoral.
Prejudice is wrong. But some judges will do wrong to get even the smallest bribe. Proverbs 28:2

your "bribe" is your want of wanting to be ignorant of homosexuality. It is the unknown and you fear it. That is why your forefathers, not god, added it to the bible. In fact there is very little of gods word in the bible at all. You follow a false book. Yes it does teach morals but you have to know which ones you should accept. All you can control in this world is you. That is freewill which was god's gift to us. Trust me, it is a good gift. You ever meet angels or fallen ones you'll see the difference between having a will and just following fate.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

The Holy Ghost is a pathetic lie and I raped the virgin Mary and hung the bastard Christ.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I've never understood the backlash against gay people. They aren't hurting you so why do you care? Do you wanna know what i do in my bedroom to? we guess what... it isn't any of your business. what are you doing here anyway? shouldn't you be in church?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
OP, I don't mean to put you on the spot. But are you possibly...maybe...could be a closet homosexual? Just askin'. Cuz I was brought up a Southern Baptist and know all too well the rhetoric and hatred towards homosexuality. I was quite the Bible thumper myself and could point my finger in judgment with the best of 'em. And I was very vocal about my views on homosexuality....Stone 'em to death!!!

But the truth of the matter, I WAS a closeted homo myself. I WAS self-loathing. I WAS in denial. I didn't want to be a 'degenerate'. But no matter what I did...all the praying and pleading to God did nothing 'make me change'. At one point in my life, the burden of my so called sin was weighing heavy on my heart. I was literally tormented and torn up inside...living a lie and pretending to be something I wasn't (picture the tough macho bully picking on a perceived gay guy...that bully was me!).

The thought of taking my own life was quickly becoming my only viable option to end the lies and self hatred. At my darkest hour, I was 'saved' by the very Bible that condemned me. I picked up the Bible, randomly opened it up to Matthew 19:11-12.

("...All *men* cannot receive this saying, save *they* to whom it is given. For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from *their* mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive *it*, let him receive *it*.")

Those two verses saved my life. To me, it was crystal clear that Jesus Himself said it was okay to be gay. That is MY interpretation. Take it, or leave. That was over 20 years ago I had that epiphany.

Today, I'm HAPPILY in a committed relationship that going on 21 years now with a man that I love. And guess what!? He's an Atheist! Go figure! Anyway, I still believe and am very spiritual...but not religious by any means. I've cleansed myself of all the ridiculous dogma that kept me tormented throughout my entire childhood, teen and early adult years.

OP, I hope you can understand this. I'm okay and gay. And you're okay too...despite your belief system. I forgive you for condemning me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join