It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is a sin.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable. -Leviticus 18:22

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. -Romans 1:26-27

“It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.' ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” -Mark 10:5-9

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” -Revelation 21:8

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. -1 Corinthians 6:9-10

for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me. -1 Timothy 1:10-11

Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.-Revelation 22:15

I don't know why people argue of the homosexuality issue. The Bible clearly condemns homosexuality as a sin. Christ even said God made man and woman and should be brought together.

Christ said it will be like the days of Noah (Matthew 24:38) which was full of ungodliness and debauchery before he returns. Dear friends we are living in the End Times. Please repent before it's too late. God has been holding back his wrath 2 Peter 3:9 so that more will come to repentance and not perish.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Does this apply to non-Christians? Just asking.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Good tactic if you're looking for alot of replys. The threads that flame the most, get the most replys.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So is hating on homosexuals.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Does this apply to non-Christians? Just asking.

Yes! Only way to get to heaven is accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -John 14:6 also John 11:25 "Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he die" and John 10:9 "I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture."

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Judging people is also a sin.
So is stealing money from people, like most churches do.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Religion is a sin. But having faith isn't. End this before I grill the absolute "hell" out of you.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
So your just like every other close minded individual out there, thanks for adding to the ignorance and hate Im sure that's exactly what your God wants.

By the way me or anyone else being gay isn't hurting you or anyone you know so get over yourself.
edit on 21-2-2011 by fasteronfire because: ttyyppoo

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
*** Please Do Not Feed The Darkside ***

....It only makes the beasts within stronger. Enjoy your opinions and interpretations of that book you like to follow, don't try to force your personal beliefs onto others and expect to get very far.
If you want to count the number of "sins" the world population commits per day, going by the method of what the Bible states... then you will see a population of Heaven being 23 and the population of Hell being 987,928,939,440,201,200 and counting. If this makes sense to anyone... well, have fun with that.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well it's a good thing literal interpretations of the Bible are far from being our reality

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
*** Please Do Not Feed The Darkside ***

....It only makes the beasts within stronger. Enjoy your opinions and interpretations of that book you like to follow, don't try to force your personal beliefs onto others and expect to get very far.
If you want to count the number of "sins" the world population commits per day, going by the method of what the Bible states... then you will see a population of Heaven being 23 and the population of Hell being 987,928,939,440,201,200 and counting. If this makes sense to anyone... well, have fun with that.

You sir are a legend.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What if I was raped as a child by a another man... do that make me gay ?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Well, the Bible claims that it is a sin, but what is a sin and what is immoral are two different things. Here's the thing, the concept of sin is an entirely ridiculous one. There's nothing wrong with homosexuality, it's just different.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
No.

What is a sin,... is not allowing two people who love each other, be free to share that love between themselves, no matter what! It's ridiculous to say otherwise.

The Bible also says that sex with a prostitute is acceptable for the husband but not for the wife. Polygamy's acceptable, as is a king's having many concubines. (Solomon, the wisest king of all, had 1,000 concubines.) Slavery and sex with slaves, marriage of girls aged 11-13, and treatment of women as property are all accepted practices in the Scriptures.

So, why is the above ok to do, pray tell?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Well, the Bible claims that it is a sin, but what is a sin and what is immoral are two different things. Here's the thing, the concept of sin is an entirely ridiculous one. There's nothing wrong with homosexuality, it's just different.

Well there you said it "different"... Anything different is a "sin" to the masses of what I like to call pure evil.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Ever make a photocopy of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, et cetera ad nauseum?

The latest edition of your copies gets distorted.

Well that's what your bible is: far from the original version(s), and incomplete with the other books of the bible that were left out by the earliest catholic church.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Blah blah blah. More doom and burn in hell end times rhetoric. So tired of the religious telling everyone how they need to live, and to be christ like, save our souls REPENT!

Live your life, treat others with the same respect you would expect to be treated. Its pretty simple I think.

Leave all the antiquated myth laced fables at the door. I have more faith in believing the "gods" were enlightened beings from off world than omniscient all powerfull "I'm gonna smite you" spiiteful deity.

Have fun on your soap box.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

OF course homosexuality is a sin! But so is lust, greed, malice, and tons of other things! I don't know why people put such a big emphasis on homosexuality, and condemn homosexuals. If you condemn homosexuals you mine as well be condemning yourself. Jesus said if you even look at a woman and lust in your head you have already committed adultery.

There is NO perfect person, not ONE! Get off your high pedestals, and don't be a pharisee!
We are ALL sinners until we are cleaned by Jesus.

There is NO sin that cannot be washed away by the blood of Jesus. Amen!

"He who is without sin cast the first stone."
edit on 21-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Did you ever realize God doesn't ever seem concerned about lesbians...talk about bigotry

PS- It was sin that you were ever born OP.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If a deluded person believes that homosexuality is a sin based upon certain scriptures such as Corinthians 6:9-10 -

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.",

The next verse does say that homosexuals can inherit the kingdom if they come to the Lord, Jesus Christ.

Corinthians 6:11 - "And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

edit on 21-2-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

Anyway, why do you even feel the need to post such bias aimed at one particular group of people in society?

Have you really got nothing better to do.....Sadness shall befall thee!
edit on 21-2-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join