It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman looking to attract that special man.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ok, so here is my first post.

I just wanted to point out to any woman out there trying to attract that special someone, ask him to go shooting.
Most guys would fall over out of excitement to have a woman ask them to go shoot.
Not only does it show you have at least a small interest in this, but if the guy knows what he is doing, it is a great opportunity for physical contact. It also allows the man to feel like a man.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Not really. Not all guys like the tom-boy type of girls.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Go shooting? No thanks! Most women I know including myself wouldn't be interested in the least. Just my opinion of course.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I just wanted to point out to any woman out there trying to attract that special someone, ask him to go shooting.

Err, that's terrible advice IMO. You can't attract that "special someone" by pretending to be someone your not or by tricking someone into thinking you have things in common.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Not Tom boy. At least I don't or wouldn't see it as a woman being a tom boy.
Being a woman, and asking a guy to take them shooting?
You are showing an interest in a guy thing, yet allowing him to be a man by letting him show you how to shoot.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by macman

Err, that's terrible advice IMO. You can't attract that "special someone" by pretending to be someone your not or by tricking someone into thinking you have things in common.

It is not pretending, unless you are absolutely against firearms.
If a guy goes to a chick flick movie, is it pretending? Or are you learning to take interest in things she likes?
It goes both ways.
I would feel closer to a woman who asked to do something like what I have suggested.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Duplicate

edit on 21-2-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Well depending on where you live/what your interests are that very well could be true. For me, for example, it would be fishing, not shooting (though I like a good skeet shoot).

Ladies, we men are very simple beasts who require certain things be exactly the way we like it, like certain foods, or time for our sports or video games, or even how long we take to go number two.

If you want the secret to landing and keeping your man remember these rules:

1) Do not make fun of his quirks, most of us anger easily to this and it is one mistake MANY women make. You wouldn't like the guy pointing out your flaws, don't point out his stupid flaws until you are married (at which point you should both be laughing about such things).
2) Tell him what YOU like to eat and be a deciding factor in meals, men feel bad eating what they like if a woman won't and hate guessing what you like to eat (Never works out well for the guy).
3) Do not try to be too "dolled up" when going out, it shows us you are insecure with your looks, and most guys are attracted to a womans natural beauty, so unless you are an unfortunate women with not much going for you, go light on the makeup.
4) Listen to him speak and let him speak without interupting, you can read a lot off a guy by his conversation with you. You can tell how into you he is by how nervous he is, or if he is full of himself, and at the very least by finding out more about him first you can decide if he is even worth your time (better you know about him then he know all about you).
5) DO NOT LOOK FOR Mr. RIGHT!!!!! He will find you, and more than likely in the most inconspicuous place. The key is BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF. If you really are happy being you, then he will find you, it's like a soul tracking 'ping' when you are happy and everyone around you will notice.

Honestly these are some of the best rules to follow when you are first meeting a guy. Once you land him then the fun begins and besure you don't hold out. Believe it or not, if he really likes/loves you he will find your flaws endeering and adorable; your farts will make him laugh, when he walks in and you forgot to flush he will laugh, if you make a complete idiot out of yourself he will laugh. A man looks to his woman to not just make him feel like a man, he looks to her for everything he doesn't want to show everyone else.

Last this is the ultimate rule ladies, your man should be your lifes greatest compliment, your best friend and your worst enemy all in one. If he doesn't satisfy all three (except for the enemy part, that can just be "he is annoying sometimes") the it is not for you.

Good luck ladies!!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

Yeah, what he said.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
.... i thought you saved all the shooting for after the divorce.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Maybe if more interest was shown by both, the divorce would not have happened?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I have this strange idea that you'd risk attracting a sociopath if you follow that advice.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong. You might fall head over heals and find your true love. Who Knows For Sure???

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
I have this strange idea that you'd risk attracting a sociopath if you follow that advice.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong. You might fall head over heals and find your true love. Who Knows For Sure???

It is showing a basic interest.
If you apply the idea that only sociopaths shoot guns, then yes.
Your logic is flawed.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Take it your a gun nut?

My logic is flawed?mmm, sure,whatever floats your boat.

I don't see any reason for owning a gun. Mean, some people tend to take it a little over board.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
reply to post by macman

Take it your a gun nut?

My logic is flawed?mmm, sure,whatever floats your boat.

I don't see any reason for owning a gun. Mean, some people tend to take it a little over board.

Gun nutt? Labels?? nice.
What is the definition of a gun nutt?
I like guns, i am not scared of an inanimate object.
I have a couple of them, but they do not consume my life. You make ALOT of assumptions right off the bat.

Just because you don't see any reason to own a gun, does not mean others share your view.
If you don't like guns, why not stay within the antis crowd?

This post was meant to show that maybe if women, or even men and women actually showed an interest in something that the other sex likes, it would bring them together or closer.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Ok, so here is my first post.

Most guys would fall over out of excitement to have a woman ask them to go shoot.
Not only does it show you have at least a small interest in this, but if the guy knows what he is doing, it is a great opportunity for physical contact. It also allows the man to feel like a man.

This will not work and keep a man. I like to do these things. I also don't mind watching ESPN, the Military Channel or any other guy channel or movie. I don't mind any of this stuff.

It doesn't work.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Maybe you aren't trying the right man then.
If I had a woman in my life that would at least watch the military channel with me, I think I would clean the house from top to bottom on my days off for her.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

Also, if yo don't see any reason in owning a gun, why does your avatar feature an AK?
Flawed logic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join