It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What on earth can make a high speed 90 degree turn?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

A new military craft not released to the public because the US doesn't wanna share technology. Ezekial's Wheel as demonstrated in the Bible. TRON

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
deleted
edit on 28-2-2011 by dsm1664 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Bit of a delay in getting back to you, as I wanted to let this conversation breathe.

I totally understand the point you made, and made again.

I have thought about it, rerun the event in my mind, discussed with my partner and have came to the conclusion we saw a single object travel across the sky, that made a 90 degree change of course and then continued in a straight line.

I don't buy that it was two satellites that happened to cross each other, as one appeared while the other disappeared out of sight. I don't buy that everyone in the group managed to see the same illusion.

Thanks for your information anyhow, I'm sure it could clear up some sightings.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

You're welcome dsm1664,

I can only try to post the facts, and let you make up your own mind about what you saw.

Whatever it was, please keep in mind that by discussing it with others who saw it (and without) you are quite possibly reinforcing false memories. Memories are like freshly fallen snow - pure and un-polluted at first but with time they are polluted and changed.

Take this case for example, where a man was wrongly convicted twice by two women who thought that they recognized the man who raped them.

How is it that Thompson could have studied her rapist so carefully and still made this mistake? And how could she have failed to recognize Bobby Poole, the actual rapist, when he sat right in front of her in the courtroom three years later?

(CBS) Now that DNA has exonerated more than 230 men in mostly sex crimes and murder cases, criminologists have been able to go back and study what went wrong in those investigations.

What they've honed in on is faulty eyewitness testimony: over 75 percent of these innocent men were convicted in part because an eyewitness fingered the wrong person.

At the heart of the problem is the fragility of memory. As one researcher told 60 Minutes, we now know that memory is not like a videotape recorder - you don't just record an event and play it back.

Instead, memory is malleable, full of holes, easily contaminated and susceptible to suggestion, as in the case of Jennifer Thompson and Ronald Cotton.

www.cbsnews.com...]cbsnews.com

It's a long article, but well worth reading through from start to finish. There is also a BBC documentary on the subject that you might like to keep an eye out for.

Further reading on the subject here.

Perhaps what I'm saying has nothing to do with what you saw, and you did see a single object making a sharp turn, either way, I hope you can keep an open mind, and not discard an possibilities, even if they seem unlikely to you.

edit on 14-4-2011 by C.H.U.D. because: fixed broken link

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

I understand how discussing could contaminate my memory. However, based on previous experiences (not discussed in this thread) I try to take in as much information possible, when in certain situations. I don't have a photographic memory, but I do logically place information in a state that I can recall quite specific detail. Hope that makes some type of sense.

This is why I'm adamant regarding some of your possibilities. I am thankful for them though, it shows how people should not jump to conclusions based on what they thought they saw. This can only help filter out the truly unexplainable phenomena.

I do have an open mind, I don't go running to conclusions without investigating. This was one reason for this thread, another was to see general attitude to a "this is what happened" type of thread that I peronally know happened.

Whatever we saw that night, we'll never know.

> Satellites
> Balloon
> New Tech
> ET's
> Santa

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Answer; my bichon dog,during the bichon blitz.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
learn2google = " Paul A. Laviolette "

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Honestly.. what sort of answers are you expecting OP? Do you really think someone will have an intelligent and informed response about what this mystery object is? With just your hearsay and no video, we can't possibly analyze it. Your guess is as good as anyone else. Obviously nothing man-made has the ability to make such a turn.

What is funny to me though, is how these mystery craft always turn magically at an exact 90 degree angle. Not 70.. not 110.. but a 90 degree angle. Because clearly they found they were going the wrong way, and need to IMMEDIATELY change course, and the new direction is always 90 degrees from their previous course.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
possibilities:

X-37B
final rocket stage dropping off from a non-reflective payload (no solar panels deployed)
flight test of a maneuverable ABM

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Friend, I have sighted the same thing, a light in the sky with some definition that suddenly makes a 90 degree turn without missing a beat. One night last Fall, here in southern Ohio, I watched one for 10 minutes, doing acrobatics in the night sky above me. I have no video, not even a photo, but I have a memory, and that is all I need.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Honestly.. what sort of answers are you expecting OP? Do you really think someone will have an intelligent and informed response about what this mystery object is? With just your hearsay and no video, we can't possibly analyze it. Your guess is as good as anyone else. Obviously nothing man-made has the ability to make such a turn.

What is funny to me though, is how these mystery craft always turn magically at an exact 90 degree angle. Not 70.. not 110.. but a 90 degree angle. Because clearly they found they were going the wrong way, and need to IMMEDIATELY change course, and the new direction is always 90 degrees from their previous course.

Not sure what I was after really... I admit this is the problem with my thread; Members views on what it could be, if they accepted what I said?

I want to see if I had all explanations covered in my head, looking for more. Was not expecting an answer, as you are correct, no photos, no video, just my post. But this all helps me...so selfish thread if anything.

I did state 90 degree-ish... I wouldn't say from my perspective is was dead on 90.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by dsm1664

Friend, I have sighted the same thing, a light in the sky with some definition that suddenly makes a 90 degree turn without missing a beat. One night last Fall, here in southern Ohio, I watched one for 10 minutes, doing acrobatics in the night sky above me. I have no video, not even a photo, but I have a memory, and that is all I need.

Frustrating isn't it...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This is a pretty awesome video

Theres know question IF aliens exist. The only quesion is: when will they show themselves to the public...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by exponencial

Yes Mr.BOT.

// Null Off

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I've seen a 180 degree turn. But to answer your question. Nothing the average civilian has the right to buy can make a high speed 90 degree.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
get some proof... until then ur classed as a mad man who believes in lil green men

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonathonwoodsfansite
get some proof... until then ur classed as a mad man who believes in lil green men

Who said leprechauns?

Am I try to convince anyone of anything, or did I ask a question?

Please read before you post, or are you another bot...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I saw something similar a few years ago in Cali. I was younger, not very knowledgeable of certain star formations and space what not. But even then I had the knowledge of what is or is not possible, given things we hadn't discovered/ Secret. Me and about eight other people were in our side yard, having a little neighbor party with a fire and lawn chairs, My dad had gotten me into star gazing and satellite watching since he was so into it, and how geometric figures don't generally appear perfect in nature. I caught in my eye a formation that look almost like perfect hexagon, with one star missing. "I think I finally found it too, in the video on the first page next to Ursa minor." It was odd to me, so I stared for about 30 seconds, then all of the sudden, not fading in but bleeping in suddenly moving at a fast rate. It was a satellite, I thought, so I said "Daddy Daddy! Look a satellite just popped up!" I was young and loud high voiced so everybody looked, and sure enough, another one, Bleeped in, following the same line, at the same constant speed. Now I immediately thought.. Can satellites follow one another and not crash? I glanced at my dad but before he could answer it made a 90°, downward like, because it was on the curve of the Earth, so away from us, it was sharp, and at the same speed like the lines of a T , the second one at the same speed made the same turn on the same line. When the 2nd one reached the 1st turn, the 1st object made its 2nd 90° turn, headed back the way it came, like a half completed rectangle. It continued, the other one mimicking its moves, it made a third turn, perpendicular to its original line, and then on that line, made another 90° turn and followed that original line, with the 2nd object of course in suit. It made a rectangle, 4 times, on the fourth time, it did not make the 1st turn and continued off over the horizon. so..

1-It did not fade in but, CUT in like an animation.
2-It remained at a constant speed.
3-There were two objects on the same path making the same 90° turns.
4-It was most definably out of the atmosphere, just like it was a satellite performing impossible moves.

It is my understanding that in order to orbit is at least 8,000mph, and to break is 25,000mph, there is no man made object that can perform 90 degree turns at mach 11.

UFO, Unidentified Flying Object. I guess seeing is believing, I've seen plenty of other things, only like two of them could be explained.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I caught this over my shoulder after seeing it for a few seconds. It was too fast to be a plane. there is a link to a file sharing site where any of you can download it and see it more clearly. Don't bother speculating without first seeing it from the raw file.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Obviously nothing man-made has the ability to make such a turn.

Yes it does. We witnessed it one night. There were 4 of us out watching for meteorites. Tens of thousands of people have seen it already. You couldn't post a picture of it on the internet. It would be scrubbed from the net quicker than the pictures of the chinese radar truck on a flatbed in Arizona.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join