It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Has Short Ribs for Dinner

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

It's one meal that you know about. The fact that she rushed to stuff her face with it gives the sense that fatty meats are part of her regular diet.

I have also rushed to stuff my face with food before, it's called being hungry.

Who cares? Not me. It's just the fact that she will use her marital status to funnel our tax dollars to further her favorite causes is what irks me. She uses her wifedom to tell the masses how to eat while she is pigging out on junk food.

Apparently you do care, you made this thread. This thread is about taxes, it's not about her pet projects. This thread is about her eating short ribs, and you have yet to show anything that supports your conclusion that short ribs are "junk food". Trying to convince people that a piece of beef is junk food is a pretty tall order.

And I get the feeling that eating poorly is more than an occasional event with Mah-belle.

Oh now this makes more sense... you get "the feeling". Do you have any idea how many people get "a feeling" on ATS that turns out to be nothing?

I just wish she would stop trying to appear as this role model when most people are laughing at her behind her back.
edit on 22-2-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

You mean you wish she would not be a politician? All politicians appear as a role model and most are laughing behind their backs cause we the people know better.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Surely a person can promote healthy eating, and like most people on diets, give themselves a "treat" once in a while. Besides, it's a well known fact that different races have a preference for certain foods as part of their diets. The Japs and other Asian cultures consume a lot of rice and fish. The Inuit include lots of fat in their diet of mostly fish and wild game. Europeans also enjoy fish and fatty meat. White North Americans (except for myself) seem to have almost a love affair with veggies and burgers. As for Black folk? Barbecued chicken and ribs seem to be a neccessary part of their diet. If anyone watches a movie and sees a Black guy and a White guy together eating, the White guy will usually be wolfing down a greasy old burger or two with lots of lettuce and tomatoes, and the Black gent a plate of fried or barbecued chicken or a rack of barbecued ribs. I don't Mrs "O" is in the wrong, although perhaps she could be a little more diplomatic about where she munches down on her ribs. Surely there was a toilet nearby where she could have slipped in to eat them if she wanted them that bad!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

There should be a fine line between politicians and celebrities. What they need to do is stop telling us what the f___ she wears, Buys or eats and start telling us how shes helping million of starving kids. I'm sorry but I would walk past her like I have no clue who she is......pfff going on shopping sprees in Rome and s***, Who does she think she is now? Merilyn Monroe. The same goes for her husband......Stop acting like a celebrity and start acting like the damn president.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Really this is so petty, in a balanced diet you need meat, you need lipids (fats) this is why a lot of vegetarians are unhealthy, lipids are as important to our brain function and bodies than you could ever know. This is why vegetarians are supposed to eat avacados or are encouraged to eat fish to get important lipids. As long as you are not over your calorie count for the day (between 1800-3000) depending on whether you are a woman or man and your height and bone structure, and your ideal weight...then you are fine. Also you have to take into account a lifestyle, if you're very active, then your calorie count should be higher, if you're less active, it would be lower. The only thing is my shortribs probably would taste better than those over priced restaraunt "reheated" ribs by a long shot and would only have cost a fraction of the money. LOL!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

I agree with you. I was just pointing out the sad fact that there isn't much of a line drawn between being a politician and a celebrity in the USA. Being the first lady appears to involve both in equal measure.

Hilary Clinton became a leading political figure on the back of her ''celebrity'' status as Bill's wife. And Michelle Obama may well have a future in politics for similar reasons.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
anyone else reading this thread thinking so the F**K what?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm not surprised she was eating ribs, I would be too, love 'em. However, her stance on eating healthy appears to be a charade....she certainly isn't losing weight since she's been in the WH. Maybe at some point the Obamas will realize that leading by example just may be important to a few of us.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Her organic garden and her lectures about how Americans should be fighting obesity notwithstanding, Michelle Obama feasted on short ribs

Throw in a racial steriotype while you are at it. I don't think she is in danger of becoming a diabetic from one meal.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

Throw in a racial steriotype while you are at it. I don't think she is in danger of becoming a diabetic from one meal.

There's nothing racial about my post. Regardless, if you're trying to put me on the defensive by saying that, you're wasting your time. Comments like yours roll off me like water off a duck.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
OK... I think this thread indicates an example of diminished capacity, try loosening the chin strap on your helmut
and listen up.

Being healthy and eating healthy is about balance.

You see, a very fit person can eat a giant hamburger and fries and still be fit. They do not turn into a quivering
blob of flesh upon ingesting a combo meal.

Portion control, self control, exercise and balance

And to the chicken and watermelon fellow... After you graduate from elementary school you might stop eating chicken stars and graduate to grown up food. Short ribs are not the same as spareribs, they are not even close,
you look like a fool making the comment you did. Having shoes that light up does not make you bright, just an FYI
edit on 21-2-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

Whatever!

and?
edit on 24-2-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by simples

Well you know that the left is hateful, mean, vindictive, and petty. That is why they spent all that time attacking Laura Bush for her push to get children to read and the righties are showing their class by not bashing Michelle for suggesting kids eat healthy food.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Originally posted by simples

Well you know that the left is hateful, mean, vindictive, and petty. That is why they spent all that time attacking Laura Bush for her push to get children to read and the righties are showing their class by not bashing Michelle for suggesting kids eat healthy food.

I don't know about that but I do remember libs attacking Sarah Palin's son Trig and suggesting that his sister was actually his mother. This was when Trig was a newborn baby.

Yeah, I remember the tears of joy that brought to my eyes, because Americans were living up to their reputations as kind, friendly people.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I don't know about that but I do remember libs attacking Sarah Palin's son Trig and suggesting that his sister was actually his mother. This was when Trig was a newborn baby.

Um...what? Sarah Palin is president and her son is the first lady now?
People were attacking the baby? Who was attacking the baby? Sounds like you are saying they attacked Sarah and Bristol. How does that compare to bashing the first lady even a little? I read some posts that were not very complimentary of Angelina Jolie recently as well. Does that apply here or are you REALLLLLLY FREAKIN STREATCHING IT HERE?

Yeah, I remember the tears of joy that brought to my eyes, because Americans were living up to their reputations as kind, friendly people.

You thought people were attacking a baby and that brought you tears of joy?

Sorry but Sarah Palin is not AND NEVER HAS BEEN the president of the US. There was an election. Her team lost.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

You thought people were attacking a baby and that brought you tears of joy?

Jeezus.:shk: Where's my facepalm when I need it?

I though I had detected a note of sarcasm in your previous post, and I was just pickin' up where you left off. Forgive me for overestimating.

Sorry but Sarah Palin is not AND NEVER HAS BEEN the president of the US. There was an election. Her team lost.

Neither has Michelle Obama. At least Palin ran for office.

They are both on the political stage. Jolie is not, afaik.

And since when is courtesy extended only to election winners and their families?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Jeezus.:shk: Where's my facepalm when I need it?

Facepalm when you need it? If "facepal" is what you have in manner of response, you should keep that ready at all times. However are you going to make an intelligent point without sniffing your hand?

I though I had detected a note of sarcasm in your previous post, and I was just pickin' up where you left off. Forgive me for overestimating.

Not sure you detected the reality of what I am saying.

Neither has Michelle Obama. At least Palin ran for office.

So your only defense is to just pretend that Laura Bush got the pass I say she did and then go after things that are not first lady related like Palin? I do not get it.

They are both on the political stage. Jolie is not, afaik.

Michelle is on the political stage for being first lady or for telling kids to eat better? I believe that menas that Laura was also on the political stage and yet you cannot address why the left was so kind to her, yet the right is all over Michelle. Odd.

And since when is courtesy extended only to election winners and their families?

About the same time that Laura walked out of the white house after 8 years of just getting to be first lady, the right claimed that the left were all the mean petty ones, and went on to bash Michelle on a weekly basis. Sometimes around there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join