It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Has Short Ribs for Dinner

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Her organic garden and her lectures about how Americans should be fighting obesity notwithstanding, Michelle Obama feasted on short ribs while vacationing in Colorado.

What a hippo-crit!

Now, who can blame her, right? That’s I exactly what I would order. But I’m not out promoting healthy eating. And somehow I doubt short ribs are on the new healthier school lunch menus Mrs. Obama has crafted for public school children.

The first lady and her two daughters arrived in Vail, Colorado Friday for a short ski vacation. And Saturday night Mrs. Obama headed straight for the best restaurant on the mountain, Restaurant Kelly Liken, reports the Vail Daily.

Main courses run $30-$40, according the the New York Times – it’s one of those places that doesn’t list prices on the website menu, because, you know, why be tacky and talk about money? – and owner Kelly Liken has appeared on the TV show “Top Chef.”

Link

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I Don't know what 'short ribs' are BUT the simple fact that Those in Power are eating at the 'best' ? restaurants whilst evryone else must make do is NOT a good or clever signal really is it..........??

It's starting to look like President Obama is trying to change things and do the right thing, similar to N Mandela BUT he has a handicap called Michelle Obama, similar to Winnie Mandela.....

PDUK

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
We do not care about what she wears, What she eats, Where she goes...........She is not important to any of us. Why can't they media stop this type of nonsense......"Michele Obama looking stunning in a $30 dress", WHO CARES? Being the first lady doesn't mean s***. OP i absolutely agree with you.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So she heads out for a night on the town and orders some short-ribs. Even the health-conscious can indulge once in a while. What's important (and part of her message) is to not get into unhealthy eating habits (fast food, etc.). Man doesn't live by leaf alone.

You have to admit this is a pretty trivial and pointless topic. With all that's newsworthy going on right now, this is what you have to dredge up? Michelle Obama eating short ribs? Seriously dude, get out of the house once in while.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You know you don't have to work out everyday or eat veggies and fruit everyday to be healthy right? The point is people need better self control and with 1/3 of this country being obese she is doing a good thing. You CAN live a healthy lifestyle and indulge is the sweet goodness of short ribs every now and then lol. It's kind of a petty argument really. Every American should have "gluttony" tattooed on their hands as a friendly reminder, Our portions are too and simply eating a little bit less of the bad foods goes a long way.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
I Don't know what 'short ribs' are
I have not heard of these either. I am assuming that they are supposedly "unhealthy" but isn't healthy eating all about balance? Not that I actually care what she eats

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by geekyone

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
I Don't know what 'short ribs' are
I have not heard of these either. I am assuming that they are supposedly "unhealthy" but isn't healthy eating all about balance? Not that I actually care what she eats

They're beef. Not sure why anyone would think they're unhealthy. They're usually a tougher cut of the beef, which gets simmered for a long time, making them very tender and tasty.

Not sure yet what the big deal is. I don't ever remember her saying she was a vegetarian. They eat meat. Shortribs are meat. Meat is healthy, red meat is healthy for women, in moderation.

I clicked on this thread hoping there would be a recipe for shortribs.
Instead all I got was that Michelle eats meat.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Looking at the menu, it looks like they were bison short ribs. Why does it matter? It doesn't.

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Would love to jump in on this, but I'll leave my comments about the Obama regime soley on policy.

What they eat, where they eat, what they wear is entirely up to them.

I don't know their dietary issues, nor do I care. So I'll allow them this act of being human, ribs are friggin' awesome. Especially with fries and a cold beer.

Peace.
Beez.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The White House was also serving up quite the menu for the Super Bowl party.
Just a wee bit hypocritical again and again and again. Do as I say not as I do.... Just another day in the white house.

The menu, released by the White House:

*Bratwurst

*Kielbasa

*Cheeseburgers
*Deep Dish Pizza

*Buffalo Wings

*German Potato Salad
*Twice Baked Potatoes
*Snyders Potato Chips and Pretzels

*Chips and Dips

*Salad

*Ice Cream

blogs.suntimes.com...
and plenty of beer

How does this jive with Michelle's "Let's move" campaign
I call it moderation on Obama's terms only. Meanwhile, restaurants are being told what to serve and how to cook it and Wal Mart is pledging to sell healthier options and Chinese made fat free Jello. Soon we will have to register our salt shakers and redeem our stamps for our salt rations.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Obama could use a few extra calories. The man is skin and bones. They say he quit smoking so we will see if he gains a few pounds in the process.

They can certainly eat what they want as long as they stay out of my kitchen and my local gastro pubs. Wonder if he has tried some Maryland Scrapple yet??

Cheers!!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
"Let them Eat Cake"!!

Is anyone really surprised? I mean come on, really?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
OH NO lets hang her for having ribs.

Give me a friggin break.

You people annoy the piss out of me.

She is still a person and has a right to eat ribs if she feels like it. You act like she is out shoving her face with McDonalds and such. I bet she gets more exercise than you do. Ribs are yummy and I just might go get some now..

Give this crap a rest.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
OH NO lets hang her for having ribs.

Give me a friggin break.

You people annoy the piss out of me.

She is still a person and has a right to eat ribs if she feels like it. You act like she is out shoving her face with McDonalds and such. I bet she gets more exercise than you do. Ribs are yummy and I just might go get some now..

Give this crap a rest.

I think most could care less what she eats.
Its the fact that she thinks and acts as if she is above the fray.
Do as I say, not as I do. Same Govt crap and control being pitched daily.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by beezzer

Obama could use a few extra calories. The man is skin and bones. They say he quit smoking so we will see if he gains a few pounds in the process.

They can certainly eat what they want as long as they stay out of my kitchen and my local gastro pubs. Wonder if he has tried some Maryland Scrapple yet??

Cheers!!

I agree. (admire your posts by the way, big fan!) They can preach what they want. They can eat what they want. I'll allow them that. And if there is hypocracy, then it will be evident. There has been so much hypocracy from this administration on business, small business, taxes, healthcare, that Michelle's menu is low on my list of concerns.
Count me in the "not surprised" and indifferent category to the typical level of arrogance from this administration. From the parties and vacations, this administration has set itself up for a BIG fall.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The woman was on holiday, who doesn't spoil themselves on such occassions?

It's hardly extravogent or exceptionally unhealthy, what's the problem?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
OK... I think this thread indicates an example of diminished capacity, try loosening the chin strap on your helmut
and listen up.

Being healthy and eating healthy is about balance.

You see, a very fit person can eat a giant hamburger and fries and still be fit. They do not turn into a quivering
blob of flesh upon ingesting a combo meal.

Portion control, self control, exercise and balance

And to the chicken and watermelon fellow... After you graduate from elementary school you might stop eating chicken stars and graduate to grown up food. Short ribs are not the same as spareribs, they are not even close,
you look like a fool making the comment you did. Having shoes that light up does not make you bright, just an FYI
edit on 21-2-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Give it a rest!!

I have never seen her act like she is above all. You people just have a problem because of who she is. I could careless what she eats.

Just because she says we should look out for obesity it doesn't mean she has to starve herself and not indulge when she wants. This country, AMERICA, is full of fatties plain and simple. People are lazy and don't want to do anything to make themselves healthier instead they complain about those who suggest they change their diet.

I get this crap as well. I'm thin and exercise and I dont stuff my face full of junk but god for bid I tell someone with weight issues that they should exercise and change their diet then it is all my fault they are fat. Sorry it's not my fault people can't control what they put in their mouths. Michelle isn't saying anything bad when it comes to our health and ribs won't kill you but if you stuff your face with them every day then yeah you will have issues.

Lighten up!

edit on 2/21/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I don't really care what Michelle Obama eats..She was on vacation when i go on vacation i eat all kinds of junk..there is nothing wrong with ribs its meat so I'm not sure what the the big deal is.. None of this surprises me at all

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join