It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin: The Biggest Wake Up Call Since The Asteroid By Mike Ruppert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

WISCONSIN: THE BIGGEST WAKE UP CALL SINCE THE ASTEROID

by Michael C. Ruppert

February 17, 2011, 1900 (PST) -- CULVER CITY -- Anyone who was aware of it was captivated by events in Wisconsin today as the Republican Governor, Scott Walker, a power player on the rise in Republican circles, triggered (I think deliberately) massive protests reported to be as high as 100,000 around Madison with an estimated 10,000 peacefully occupying the state capitol. He had moved to almost unilaterally revoke all collective bargaining rights for state employees, especially teachers. He was going to slash pay and eliminate benefits.

I don't have to make the comparison to Egypt. The protesters (mostly teachers, students, parents and union members) did it themselves in placards, chants and interviews. They should be upset, because their collective bargaining rights are on the table in a very (conveniently) poorly executed, high-handed bitch slap. This is a test case for what TPTB need to plan for when it happens in Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Michigan and California.

The bill (promoted by Newt Gingrich) allowing states to go bankrupt is very much alive in the House. And as I've been saying for months now, almost as soon as it has passed we're going to likely see four states go down in a matter of a few weeks. Wisconsin is not known for being an historical locus of violent civil unrest. The cheese is good. These were the most polite, well-dressed, well-behaved, angry people I have ever seen. On the other hand Newark, Detroit, Chicago and Los Angeles were home to the most-violent and bloody urban riots of the 1960s. In 1968, (the year of Tet, MLK, and RFK), the U.S. government was quite-accurately viewing the unrest as a revolution. I know. I remember it all on many levels. I have also seen the classified and unclassified documents from the era. Those cities, where thousands of people died in riots which brought the National Guard and Army to the streets, are also in states that are about to go bankrupt very soon. If Wisconsin is any indicator then we must prepare for a great deal of bloodshed because Chicago, NY, Newark and L.A. unions aren't going down without a fight.

Collapsenet
edit on 21-2-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

[Mod edit - trimmed external quote and removed all caps from the title]
edit on 21/2/2011 by Sauron because: trimed quote & change title to lower case

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Makes me wonder if Wisconsin state laws/codes say anything about the criteria needed for a "peaceful coup" to occur. Seems they had enough peaceful folks there, why didnt they just peacefully "take-over" control of the statehouse?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
What really gets me is how divided with myself I feel about this.
I;m all for workers getting fair pay, benefits and having the right to collective bargaining and even striking if necessary and I think they do in this instance yet some concessions on their part would be a good thing for all concerned, taxpayer included.
When I was working I felt like I had no benefits.
Several employers promised raises that never happened. Last raise I ever got was in 1985

Same for last week of paid vacation.
Only one job offered a 401k which they matched 50%.
The insurance was good and the only reason I stayed having kids and all.

Now they;'ve turned me against my fellow workers out of jealousy.
All serious jobs should have serious benefits, period
There is no real freedom if we are in continual economic bondage just to survive.

Pay the workers pensions from future Goldman Sachs bonuses.
The bankers stole the money in the first place yet we argue about whether it's the fault of labor or of government misappropriation of monies.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
State bankruptcy bill imminent

It is a huge wakeup call. And it's a shame the people in other states this has already happened too didn't stand up when they could. For them it might be too late because once it happens you spin down into an abyss of surviving, and you have no time for protests, and no one cares. And pity there are Americans actually against these brave people, Americans who are still buying the pigs' lies. It's all going right according to plan.
edit on 2/21/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Divide and conqure is the whole shtick...
not just in this chapter, on stage 9 b
in all of them...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I say EFF the lot of em!

Government workers should be paid minimum wage with no benefits.

Screw the Union, what kind of commie crap is that? This is America, not the USSR.

You want to shrink the size of government and get budgets under control? Make all government jobs minimum wage.

Every fireman, every police officer, every soldier, every clerk every senator, every congressman, the president, the Supreme Court, everyone working for any government, federal or state, gets paid minimum wage with absolutely no pension, no benefits. You will see the government shrink down to an appropriate size real quick.
edit on 2/22/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join