It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military wants more global partnerships in space

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

hello ziggyp05
many thanks for the link. i've saved the page and will have a look at the weekend.
regarding the overall topic, one thing has just come to mind. space tourism. with all the concepts and ideas, i feel this may be a potential achillies heel. say for instance a grid of inert/hibernation mines are in orbit ready for command, with the potential of ion streams and electromagnetic fields to interrupt data bursts and bios systems, it could be the case that a military sat killer could go rogue and target a civillian structure. that would be highly embarrassing. it seems the space tourism industry may need to revise their risk assessments with regards to deployed weapons systems. considering the amount of debris and the south atlantic anomaly, it will be a highly problematic issue to deal with when it comes to the safety aspect of orbit. i remember at least one arian rocket (maiden flight) with was uninsurable attempting to loft a payload in the nineties. it exploded i believe 40 odd seconds into launch. the viewing gallery at ground control was packed with generals,military officials and the like. the reaction to the loss was quite significant as most of the military presence were really nervous prior to launch. this was broadcast live at the time (i have the footage in storage) and i remember a couple of us geeks watching it like most people watch football! what was discussed amongst us after the self destruct was the possibility it was either an attempt at lofting spy kit or a weapons payload.

en.wikipedia.org...:Satellite_launch_failures

there are 53 pages on this subject. it would be safe to say that a number of these 'satellites' could be something other than standard commercial packages or eyes. information on this page adds weight to my opinion weapons systems are seriously problematic when it comes to lofting and orbit stability.
regards f

edit on 25-2-2011 by fakedirt because: froof read

of particular interest was the polyus russian sdi system.
edit on 25-2-2011 by fakedirt because: specific system

<< 1   >>

join