It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military wants more global partnerships in space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – The U.S. military needs to better protect its satellites and strengthen its ability to use them as weapons as the uncharted battlefield of space becomes increasingly crowded and dangerous, Pentagon leaders say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk
www.sify.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Star Wars: It has begun...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Im sure a lot of you heard about the militarizing of space over the last few years and now it seems we are really getting confirmation of this. Space is quickly becoming the latest battlefield, but what are the dangers to us on Earth? What else can we put up there? According to the article we have 22,000 man made objects orbiting earth and 1100 active satellites.

I became very interested in this after reading Slayer69's awesome thread, "Star Wars: It has begun" - www.abovetopsecret.com... which shows a lot of the sophisticated technology we are using up there and much more. Now just imagine what they havent showed us. Its quite evident whoever controls space, controls the planet.

news.yahoo.com

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

"It's a domain, like air land and sea," said Gen. Kevin Chilton, who led U.S. Strategic Command until he retired late last month. "Space is not just a convenience. It's become a critical part in every other (battlefield) domain."

Straight from the horses mouth, although we here didn't need it. Space will be militarized to defend ourselves from the bad, bad enemies that want to get us.

Except, when you think about it, this is just another well thought plan to get the billionaire war profiteers even richer and those at home even poorer. The real enemy, is ignorance.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

edit on 21-2-2011 by FermiFlux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think "someone" wouldn´t be very happy about that
Yes,i´m talking about E.T.´s.

In my Opinion, our Species is too dangerous right now. IF other,more intelligent Civilisations are watching us,they wont allow us to put Weapons into Space until we grow up.

Slightly Off Topic,i know. But i think its a very,very bad Idea. You can somewhat control Weapons on the Ground,but with everything whats flying around our Planet (Solar Flares/CME´s from the Sun,all that Trash up there,Asteroids,Comets,UFO´s etc. pp),putting Weapons up there...big NO NO.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Maybe the weapons are for the ET's?

Whatever is happening up there is pretty intense.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – The U.S. military needs to better protect its satellites and strengthen its ability to use them as weapons as the uncharted battlefield of space becomes increasingly crowded and dangerous, Pentagon leaders say.

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk
www.sify.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Star Wars: It has begun...

This may not seem "germaine" to the topic, but we basically "share" the space station with Russia, but do we share it with China, India or other nations, I think we do (idk), or does China have their own space station they share with India and other rogue nations (idk). It seems like up in space all countries get along and share, but down here on earth there is mayhem and discord in almost every country. "Star-Wars" seems to be surfacing more and more lately, What two or more countries may concievably "engage" each other, in the future, just like fighter pilots back in WWI and WWII? The perception has been given that countries like Russia and China are evil and dangerous, when in all actuality, we get along just fine "up in space". Using a space based missile defense system is different in my opinion and (idk) enough about that subject either. To protect their satellites from "precisely what "threat or threats"?
edit on 21-2-2011 by G.A.G. because: spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Slightly Off Topic,i know. But i think its a very,very bad Idea. You can somewhat control Weapons on the Ground,but with everything whats flying around our Planet (Solar Flares/CME´s from the Sun,all that Trash up there,Asteroids,Comets,UFO´s etc. pp),putting Weapons up there...big NO NO.

Ummm you obviously didn't look at this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry to burst your bubble...

errr no I'm not

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by G.A.G.

This may not seem "germaine" to the topic, but we basically "share" the space station with Russia, but do we share it with China, India or other nations, I think we do (idk), or does China have their own space station they share with India and other rogue nations (idk). It seems like up in space all countries get along and share, but down here on earth there is mayhem and discord in almost every country.

The space station is used by National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the European Space Agency (ESA), the Russian Federal Space Agency (ROSCOSMOS), the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) and the Canadian Space Agency (CSA). There have also been other cosmonaut visitors from places such as Italy, Germany, Belgium, Sweden, Brazil and a few more for a total of 15 countries. There are treaties between different countries in tact for the ownership and regulation of activity on the ISS. The reason we share the space station is the cost, running about 100 billion over the past 25-30 years.

"Star-Wars" seems to be surfacing more and more lately, What two or more countries may concievably "engage" each other, in the future, just like fighter pilots back in WWI and WWII? The perception has been given that countries like Russia and China are evil and dangerous, when in all actuality, we get along just fine "up in space". Using a space based missile defense system is different in my opinion and (idk) enough about that subject either. To protect their satellites from "precisely what "threat or threats"?

They get a long because they have to ( i mentioned the treaties & cost to make the ISS above). They are all working to complete the construction of the ISS and further their studies. They are talking about protecting their satellites from being intercepted or scrambled. Here is a video from Slayer69'ss thread showing exactly what we are capable of doing with weaponizing space

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

This may not seem "germaine" to the topic, but we basically "share" the space station with Russia, but do we share it with China, India or other nations, I think we do (idk), or does China have their own space station they share with India and other rogue nations (idk). It seems like up in space all countries get along and share, but down here on earth there is mayhem and discord in almost every country. "Star-Wars" seems to be surfacing more and more lately, What two or more countries may concievably "engage" each other, in the future, just like fighter pilots back in WWI and WWII? The perception has been given that countries like Russia and China are evil and dangerous, when in all actuality, we get along just fine "up in space". Using a space based missile defense system is different in my opinion and (idk) enough about that subject either. To protect their satellites from "precisely what "threat or threats"?

# NASA AND Department of Defense Merge
# NASA Dominates World Space Programs - List of Countries NASA has an agreement with

* ESA
o ESA and NASA extend ties with major new cross-support agreement
* Canada
o NASA_Canadian_Space_Agency_Agreement
* China
o NASA Administrator Visits China
* Japan
o NASA_Japan_Agreement
o NASA_Japan_Agreement 1990
o NASA in Japan NASA Japan Representative Field Office
* India
o NASA And India Sign Agreement For Future Cooperation
o NASA To Work With India on Moon Mission
o U.S.- India Space Cooperation

Documents Here

Cold War was a ruse... even Wernher von Braun said so

Buzz Aldrin is working as senior science advisor with Gravwave LLC on anti gravity with the Chinese

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

i have read slayers entire thread including 'zorgons on a roll!' i admire the energy and effort you both have contributed to that thread. one thing that lingers in my mind is actual footage of any weapon fired from space towards terra firma and actual footage of a space based weapon firing upon another. with all the oceans available to the navy, i would assume a live firing area could be made available for the testing of such weapons.does any footage exist?
regards f

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

# NASA AND Department of Defense Merge
# NASA Dominates World Space Programs - List of Countries NASA has an agreement with

* ESA
o ESA and NASA extend ties with major new cross-support agreement
* Canada
o NASA_Canadian_Space_Agency_Agreement
* China
o NASA Administrator Visits China
* Japan
o NASA_Japan_Agreement
o NASA_Japan_Agreement 1990
o NASA in Japan NASA Japan Representative Field Office
* India
o NASA And India Sign Agreement For Future Cooperation
o NASA To Work With India on Moon Mission
o U.S.- India Space Cooperation

Documents Here

Cold War was a ruse... even Wernher von Braun said so

Buzz Aldrin is working as senior science advisor with Gravwave LLC on anti gravity with the Chinese

Thank you so much! It took me a long time to "construct" my statements. I think your work on this for me was a very nice gesture. g.a.g.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What have your 'sources' said about all of this?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

If the weapons are for E.T.s then the military is probably making the worst mistake ever and also probably the last one it will ever make.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

i will say your bubble is intact for now. same with mine. i await confirmation that the sdi is visually fire capable. it is quite strange as the poster is usually swift in producing information on a grand scale. poster may have overlooked my post regarding any actual footage of said space deployed weapons. i patiently wait for a response
from zorgon. longbow into the drawbridge might get his attention.
bubble intact for now

regards fakedirt

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kaleshchand

with evidence on this board claiming that weapons systems have been disabled by 'unknown' forces, i wouldn't be too concerned about it. it's probably equivalent to attempting to take down an elephant with a pea shooter.
regards f

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

hello ziggyproductions05
regarding your opening thread, i thought i would throw some questions your way whilst i await answers from another member regarding statements posted in this thread. here goes..

regarding the willingness to partner up on space domination,is there a chink in the armour?

why do the americans need a framework partnership on this?

are they willing to share this tech (unconditional) or is there an entrance fee?

will that entrance fee be used to enhance the system or is this an excercise in throwing monies down a rather large singularity?

are the perception and reality of this system completely at opposite poles?

could it be the case that this could possibly be an orchestrated public relations excercise with a view of showing the rest of the planet that america has the solution to global security?

these guys on here with connections, ask your connections to 'show not tell'.

tell you what, i will happily supply a time and grid reference if you are willing to re-acquire a space deployed weapon, target said area and press the big red button.

if it is the case that someone on here can talk to someone who can talk to someone who can facilitate this request, please do get back to me and we can arrange an observable demonstration. it would add credibility to the whole subject wouldn't one agree?

bubble still intact

regards fakedirt

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Originally posted by Shenon
Slightly Off Topic,i know. But i think its a very,very bad Idea. You can somewhat
control Weapons on the Ground,but with everything whats flying around our Planet
(Solar Flares/CME´s from the Sun,all that Trash up there,Asteroids,Comets,UFO´s etc. pp),
putting Weapons up there...big NO NO.

zorgons reply was
Ummm you obviously didn't look at this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry to burst your bubble...
errr no I'm not

fakedirts repy is
His flyting could parbreak a blowess
and wins thusly with prat and mithe.
Never sneb a warluck lest ye stumble oer ye scythe.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt

regarding the willingness to partner up on space domination,is there a chink in the armour?

The problem is every country wants the power to themselves. Space is the most pivotal 'high ground' you could possibly have in a time of war. Whoever is in control would be in compete domination of the world. Who do you trust to fully & honestly partner up there with you? I think they're just trying to come to an agreement of, we wont shoot your satellites down if you don't shoot ours..

why do the americans need a framework partnership on this?

I dont know. I asked myself the same thing.

are they willing to share this tech (unconditional) or is there an entrance fee?

If they were to partner up im sure the US military would have an upper hand over any other nation in their company. Im not sure about an entrance fee..

will that entrance fee be used to enhance the system or is this an excercise in throwing monies down a rather large singularity?

no clue

are the perception and reality of this system completely at opposite poles?

Possibly. A lot of people still think this stuff is science fiction. I think its a lot more advanced than we could imagine up there.

could it be the case that this could possibly be an orchestrated public relations excercise with a view of showing the rest of the planet that america has the solution to global security?

I dont think they have the solution necessarily. This could just be a way of using other nations for resources and work loads. To get stuff in space you have to launch it up there. For the US to handle all of that would be a large amount of work.

these guys on here with connections, ask your connections to 'show not tell'.

I dont know if you saw Slayer69's thread or not but check that out for some video & picture examples of the weapons in space....www.abovetopsecret.com...

tell you what, i will happily supply a time and grid reference if you are willing to re-acquire a space deployed weapon, target said area and press the big red button.

if it is the case that someone on here can talk to someone who can talk to someone who can facilitate this request, please do get back to me and we can arrange an observable demonstration. it would add credibility to the whole subject wouldn't one agree?

bubble still intact

Be sure to bring your camera!
Slayer69's Star Wars: It has begun thread shows a lot of examples of the weaponry if you're interested.
edit on 2/24/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

hi ziggyproductions05
many thanks for the replies.
regarding slayers thread, i read the entire thing.a good thread of impeccable standards. one thing i didn't see in there was actual footage of a space deployed weapons system. i am totally open to being wrong on this, however until an actual 'presentation' is furnished i remain with the opinion that lofting weapons into fixed/adjustable orbits is a long sought after pipe dream of total global domination. every time i see the suggestion that there are deployed systems up there, i wonder as to who is pushing this 'fact' and for what reason. i feel that a nation such as america would not facilitate such a concept as to allow partnerships on such an incredible level. something just doen't add up.
for now i remain unconvinced that this system is operable and target ready.
your sincerely fakedirt.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Hey thats cool
Believing when you see it is probably the best way to go. Here is another link with a lot of good information on the topic ---> www.fas.org... - Though they may not have any weapons in orbit currently (so they say), they have launched weapons failing to orbit previously, and they're pretty vocal with their plans and capabilities with their weaponry for the future.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join