It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

107 pilot whales die after mass stranding on remote New Zealand beach

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

107 pilot whales die after mass stranding on remote New Zealand beach

www.dailymail.co.uk

All members of a pod of 107 pilot whales that stranded on a remote New Zealand beach have died, including 48 that were euthanised.

The stranded whales were discovered by hikers on Sunday near Cavalier Creek on Stewart Island, off the southern tip of New Zealand's South Island.

Conservation department staff flew to the area and found that about half of the group were already dead and the others were dying, the the government's conservation agency said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ndbc.noaa.gov

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I believe this is the same area in which a handful of whales were dying on January 21 2011 too.

Sadly we know, this is not that uncommon but scarily, these animal die-offs are occurring weekly ever since the beginning of the year. And these are only the ones being reported.

Magnetic pole shift (check)
Largest CME in four years (check)
Nibiru/Tyche/Nemesis semi-admitted (check)
Global meltdown (check)

Not fear-mongering. Just recapping.

I don't know if this is at all directly related to this but it seems the ocean floor rose 2-miles nearby.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Many unexplained deaths of marine mammals could be caused by soundwaves from underwater military sonar equipment, zoologists believe. They think the signals may cause bubbles in the animals' tissue, in the same way as divers can suffer decompression sickness known as 'the bends' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Well now, this is a new one H_A. Have we heard this one before? If military sonar equipment is such a problem, why hasn't it shown up before this? Or has it? Seems like another in a long line of bad explanations to me. S&F.
edit on 21-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There is some serious PROPAGANDA going on here!...

its either something to do with japans navy or japans fishing GROUNDS. or both

to start have you seen the so-called green activsits ships????!!!

sea shepherds..

they are some super stealth EXPENSIVE boats...and the people on board are wearing dark fatigues...like a private wing of the army i rekon....THEY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED...they may be setting up the japs

also the fishing grounds cover a wide area...hmmm
edit on 21-2-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
"All members of a pod of 107 pilot whales that stranded on a remote New Zealand beach have died, including 48 that were euthanised."

As an aside, i doubt that any creatures that get euthanised would survive it...

I jest, however. This is truly a very sad event that's occured. In all honesty, i am more saddened by incidents involving animals and nature than those involving human beings.

I hope the cause for this tragedy is found.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
How tragic!!!!!!!

I always wonder how these things happen, 107 whales beach themselves, it just doesn't make sense.

While reading through this I began wonder about waves (just as a rational non conspiracy related reason). Does anyone know how large of wave or how much force it would take for a wave to move and beach even one whale?

I am always curious with the tsunamis that we don't see more large marine life stranded after such an event.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havoc40k
"All members of a pod of 107 pilot whales that stranded on a remote New Zealand beach have died, including 48 that were euthanised."

As an aside, i doubt that any creatures that get euthanised would survive it...

I jest, however. This is truly a very sad event that's occured. In all honesty, i am more saddened by incidents involving animals and nature than those involving human beings.

I hope the cause for this tragedy is found.

The cause will only be speculated probably. Even before all these animal die-offs happened earlier this year, science has/had no idea why whales and dolphins beach themselves. We don't hear about a pack of wolves or a herd of elephants doing this (so to keep nature in harmony) so it almost stands to reason, this is probably NOT a natural event.

We know so little about the ocean. Hell, we know so little, period!!

But to say this is natural (as nature's way of balancing things out) is to me, ludicrous. I'm not saying they're saying this in this case but they've said that before, a lot!

I feel these animals are either suffering or sensing something that eludes science.

I happen to think dolphins and whales are amongst the smartest creatures on this planet. In fact, I'd listen to them (if only I knew what they are communicating before I'd ever listen to a scientist.

Events like this truly breaks my heart.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Thanks for the heads up. S&F&

Klassified - yes - military sonar has caused numerous beachings , reported frequently over the years.

...imho, life on our planet (including human life) is being bombarded by numerous man-made AND natural assaults. ...We're not built to survive it all. A little at a time maybe, or a lot for a short period - but not a constant stream...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Thanks, I didn't know that. I'll have to read up on it. But I'm thinking in this case, it could be more of an excuse than a reason.

ETA: It seems there is some real controversy over low frequency active sonar's affect on sea life. Especially whales. No article seems to give a definitive answer of yes or no.

independent scientists strongly disagree with government-funded "experts" on the true effect of an extremely intense and apparently lethal force going into the ocean called low frequency active sonar (LFAS) that appears to be leaving a trail of corpses in its path.
Beached Whales...

I don't have a problem believing this could be the cause of some devastating problems with sea mammals. But in light of all that has happened since the first of the year, I think I'll stay with my first instinct. In this case, it's more than likely a bad explanation.

edit on 21-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Birds and sharks have been proven to follow magnetic fields in their migrations.

I would assume whales and other animals do also.

Maybe these mass beachings occur when the magnetic lines shift from their normal route and shift overland... the wales follow the "magnetic road" they are used to and end up beached. Sharks can come right up on land (and often do hunting prey) and get off plus are more solitary... whales have a harder time leaving the surf and are more group oriented so refuse to leave the group even if they could get away.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think space ships are doing all these un natural acts by seriously harming
wild life.

Take the William Reich case.
The presence of saucers observing his house made him ill.
Well this is how the story goes so correct me if I am wrong.

Basically he downed a saucer by ridding of the bad air and was locked up.

So wild animals have no defence againt the saucer and die.
Saucers were developed by von Braun from Tesla plans.
some of the story here, not Reich but Tesla and von Braun but maybe Reich too

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Whilst I am pretty certain that HAARP cannot create or trigger earthquakes it CAN do this.

You need to look at the document to see what this is about but basically they mess about with the magnetosphere. Could this be the culprit. Possibly!

Source: ELF/VLF Wave-injection and Magnetospheric Probing with HAARP

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This National Geogrpaphic article on teh noisy ocean seems a bit more realistic......

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Multifactorial:

involving or depending on several factors or causes,

AND

Cascade:

An entire series of reactions which occurs as a result of a single trigger reaction ...

OR

A series of events that result in transmission and usually amplification of a weak signal,

AND

a series that once initiated continues to the end, each step being triggered by the preceding one, sometimes with cumulative effect.

Think a multitude of cascades, triggered by multiple factors.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I just happened to run across a text that sounds like an atmospheric explosion.

The June 30,1908 Siberian explosion/implosion at Tungushka, was probably a risky test or inadvertent result of Tesla’s giant Wardenclyffe oscillator, and may have been a hidden reason as to why the project was never completed. It should also be pointed out that this method involved the absorption of energy “from the environment”, since heat moves from hot to cold. This was yet another great energy discovery. Tesla’s method “opened up” the atmosphere to this possibility, consistent with what he said about nuclear energy coming from “the environment”.

Low and High Frequency Electromagnetic Waves And Tesla’s Wireless Transmission of Energy

Under that title, the next title seems forceful though.

Well at 1908 there seems to be a window of activity for Tesla and Tesla thought he
would light up the atmosphere. I don't get the earthquake connection I think is bogus.
As for doing what Tesla did at Tunguska the apparatus is different.
Tesla ended up not realizing what he thought he could do, light up gasses and thin air
and nothing, and ran into a non relativistic gas phenomena of the Lyne Hydrogen
Furness that takes in energy upon heating separation and will extend 1000 times the
input. Perhaps an antenna from above might draw up water into a fault line to cause
slippage can be done by the Tesla space ship in hover but not by antennas in Alaska.
The Antenna to Earthquake connection is all wrong in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Dont know if you guys have seen it yet but they just hade a huge earthquake in ChristChurch NZ. Looks really bad. Strange those dolphins washed up there right before a quake.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
Dont know if you guys have seen it yet but they just hade a huge earthquake in ChristChurch NZ. Looks really bad. Strange those dolphins washed up there right before a quake.

Vibrational activity both sound pressure and electrical might have fouled up the
mammal fish activities like navigation.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I meant Whales, not Dolphins. Don't they communicate through sonar? I can imagine that they are probably sensitive to it. It's funny how animals know something is coming, whereas us humans just sit there, complacent and unaware.
It's sad to see them all beached like that, poor things.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
WTF...now theres a Quake!!!!

cmon...the floods, quakes, dead animals, confused animals.

SATTELITE WEAPONRY.......THEY ARE MOST DEF. USING MICROWAVES TO CAUSE THESE EFFECTS.

this is getting way too possible and serious.....hmpf

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join