It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding That Black Box On Google Sky

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I posted this in that other thread and it quickly got bumped to the previous page amongst the bickering. No one has anything to say about this?

www.youtube.com...

This video debunks nothing. By the filmmaker's own admission, the "missing data," or the stars behind the blacked out region, was retrieved off of photographs taken in 1958. That's FIFTY-FIVE YEARS!

The Universe is a dynamic place, always changing, always moving; I want to know what's there NOW!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
What if its a distraction? Put in plain sight to build everyone up to this occurrence when they know whats really going to happen and dont want to ruin their economy just yet, but will keep on misdirecting people?

Why is the US gov announcing pending shut down? How soon?

Are they going into hiding?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
some of the thoughts or ideas i am seeing here were brought up here www.abovetopsecret.com... so before you go to Google , think it is some kind of TPTB secret read it fist then complain. i would still like to know why it is still in Google after 4 years

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

As Gomer Pyle might say, "Gollllyyyyy". It's about time that people learned that Google sky is old. There is little need to provide updated plates since the heavens are fairly static.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Take the time to learn how the government works. It helps.

I recall back some years ago that a shutdown was really great. A national park was closed. I got on my bike and traveled into the park and experienced the park without crowds. That was great.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
What if its a distraction? Put in plain sight to build everyone up to this occurrence when they know whats really going to happen and dont want to ruin their economy just yet, but will keep on misdirecting people?

Are they going into hiding?

The "US Government shutdown ZOMG" argument is pretty poor here too. This also was not just threatened but happened in 1995 (backlash from the partial government shutdown was one of the main reasons Bill Clinton was reelected). And if the US government really wanted trouble then not paying social security and medicare and shutting down all federally funded programs would probably cause all those riots that we keep talking about.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
who really cares about nibiru?
people are rather busy making money for the vida loca most of the world never heard about it
they do not care much whether a meteor will fall on their head or that earth makes a 360 degree turn.
But if you tell them about Lady gaga iphone mac donald and who will win Oscar this year they will hear you, it's really a waste of time this debate...
between who tries to prove that a black square is hiding our doom and the worse those who attempt to show that this is not the case ...it's like asking to a blind in which direction the robber fled ...meanwhile the world continues to rot ...c'est la surprise du chef !!!
edit on 22-2-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Regardless if the spot that is blacked out in Google Sky is hiding something or not, I agree with the OP that the the other thread offered more questions than answers. Our whole solar system has been doing unusual things for a while now. I don't see why there is always an effort by the same small group of people on ATS to insist that you are right and other people are wrong. What is wrong with discussing what if? The fish and birds are dying, almost everyday now earthquakes, tsunamis, sink holes, comets in sky, dormant volcanoes waking up, sun rising 2 days early in Greenland, countries rioting, dollar collapsing, secret meetings. No, its all normal, don't question anything.
Just put all your faith in the group of people here on ATS that claim to know everything, and you all know who you are.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
While everyone is concentrating on that damn black box, and arguing over it, no one is looking at all the other areas of space! Hmmmm Seems to me that TPTB don't want you looking anywhere else. You go and get your telescopes out and look way up towards that black box, and find..........a bunch of stars, then you go home and post back here, "look everyone, I looked up and saw nothing!" To bad you didn't look somewhere else though, because you probably missed the real thing.

Looks like misdirection is working yet again........simple sheeple. LMAO

Your not gonna find Niburu with GOOGLE SKY! Even if it's really there! NUFF SAID!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

Our whole solar system has been doing unusual things for a while now. I don't see why there is always an effort by the same small group of people on ATS to insist that you are right and other people are wrong. What is wrong with discussing what if? The fish and birds are dying, almost everyday now earthquakes, tsunamis, sink holes, comets in sky, dormant volcanoes waking up, sun rising 2 days early in Greenland, countries rioting, dollar collapsing, secret meetings. No, its all normal, don't question anything.
Just put all your faith in the group of people here on ATS that claim to know everything, and you all know who you are.

I agree that there is an effort by a small number of Nibheads to promote a nonexistent planet and they insist they are right despite the overwhelming evidence that there is no Nibiru.

As to discussing what ifs, why discuss things that are demonstrably false? A planet with the properties of Nibiru cannot exist. Both gravity and visual searches tells us that no such planet exists. What studies to date cannot exclude are new planets that are very, very far away and never come close to the known planets. There may be an unknown large planet out there far, far away. That's definitely a possibility. If one were to be found it would not have any of the properties claimed of Nibiru or any of these other fantasies being posted.

Fish and birds do die and on mass at times.
Earthquakes are common. Look at the USGS site to see how active the Earth is.
Tsunamis are not that common. Alerts happen more often.
Sink holes are common.
Comets are not unusual.
Volcanoes are not rare. Eruptions happen often. Check the USGS.
Riots are common. Expect them.
Dollar collapsing has been happening for decades.
Secret meetings are common from government meetings to business meetings.

So a pile of unrelated issues is heaped into a pile with the claim that this heap points to something unusual. People at ATS take this hook line and sinker. The people claiming that this is interesting or unusual claim to be aware, and you all know who you are.

The goal is to separate the truly unusual from the off the cuff meaningless comment. I am pleased to see that people are becoming more aware of the world around them. Unfortunately, that awareness is quite superficial. The effort has to be made to look at events and place them into perspective.

Consider earthquakes. Someone claims they are becoming more common. That is followed quickly by the claim that Nibiru or whatever must be the cause. Step back and look at the claim. Are earthquakes more common? The answer is no. Why look for the cause of something that is not happening? Why propose a solution to a nonexistent situation?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

That has to be the most interesting blacked out area comment yet.

The armchair viewers looking at Google need to get outside and look up. Join a local astronomy club. No matter where you look in space there are interesting things to see. Take comet Elenin. As soon as it can be seen in even a small telescope people should get out there and see if they can locate the comet. By observing over weeks or months the comet can be plotted against the background of stars. I watched Halley's comet go by. I saw it many times and first to last observation was a little under a year.

Get out there and enjoy the grandeur of the universe.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Guys, many people have already said it is a brown dwarf. You need something like an infrared scope or something to see it in the sky, other than that it is pretty much invisible. So... NASA isn't hiding anything.

They don't need too.

The 'black box' has nothing... I repeat... nothing... to do with this. It is just some sort of error. If NASA wanted to hide Nibiru, or whatever the f**k is coming... they would be a lot better at doing it than some stupid black box.

=\

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Not sure about the BlackBox but in 2007 Comet Holmes entered the solar system and exploded in the asteroid belt behind our planet. The fireball made it the biggest thing in the solar system, bigger than our sun.

Visible to the naked eye for 2 days. Looked like a Blue Star, cue Hopi Indian Prophecy. Our ocean's already turned black (oilcano inGulf of Mexico)..another Hopi Prophecy.

Now that silly asteroid belt's been stable for billions of years and Comet Holme's explosion has released energy "spinning up" our asteroid belt behind Earth and sending crap flying in every direction. We're going to see LOTS more asteroids hitting the sun...maybe even Earth.

I don't care how deep our Government's going to hide underground. Won't help 'em. They're holding meetings with foreign governments now deciding if they can divert an incoming rock....which part of Earth will we divert it to? Who will we kill to save who? They'll likely not have enough time to even divert it anyways. Not all of them.

Do you all realize the energy released by Comet Holmes in 2007 when it exploded in our Solar System? The Aliens told the people of Puerto Rico to git out of there.....the rocks hitting the Caribbean. Notice the US Navy exodus from Puerto Rico shortly afterwards?....Somebody listened.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

planet-x.150m.com... (Demonstrably false?)

While I am not exactly saying that this is Nibiru, Planet X, etc., to say that there is nothing out there is an extremely bold statement. On the contrary, there does appear to be evidence that there is something out there:

www.physorg.com... (hmm)

All you did is say the complete opposite of what I posted, I politely disagree with your assessment. My comment, "as to you people know who you are" that was directed at you. I don't normally post alot and I have observed certain ATS members hijack posts and do nothing but claim your right and everyone's wrong. Pile of unrelated issues? An increase in natural disasters worldwide is normal?
Exactly what creditability do you have by stating that there has not been an increase in earthquakes? I also see that you did not mention a rebuttal to the sun rising 2 days early in Greenland, may I ask what is your explanation for that? You also didn't mention a rebuttal as to why other planets in are solar system have been warming. Is earth's alleged global warming the cause for that too? There is nothing wrong with people discussing and trying to figure what is happening. If you don't learn from your own history your doomed to repeat it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

Guys, many people have already said it is a brown dwarf. You need something like an infrared scope or something to see it in the sky, other than that it is pretty much invisible. So... NASA isn't hiding anything.

Brown dwarfs may not emit light, but they are reflective. Jupiter is like a brown dwarf in composition and it is very easy to see without a telescope.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

There are a few issues here that need to be corrected about comet Holmes.

1. It did not enter the solar system it has always been here
2. It did not explode
3. It was never a fireball
4. It was not blue. It was YELLOW.

Comet Holmes only appeared blue when photographed through a blue filter. It was yellow.

Comet Holmes did not cause the asteroids to change orbit.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

The article you linked to was a 1983 article about an announcement that something interesting had been sighted in the IRAS data. The object was bright in IR, but had no visible counterpart on the Palomar plates. It turned out to be a new type of galaxy. Here are articles to clarify what was found.
Unidentified IRAS sources - Ultrahigh-luminosity galaxies
THE DISCOVERY OF ULIRGs

While I am not exactly saying that this is Nibiru, Planet X, etc., to say that there is nothing out there is an extremely bold statement.

I have never stated that a new planet cannot exist. I have made it abundantly clear that no unknown planet can exist with the properties of a Nibiru or whatever the hoax is called. Any unknown planet cannot have an orbit entering the orbits of the known planets. Surveys show there are no unknown Earth sized planets within 8x the distance to Pluto. Jupiter or larger planets must be over 50x the distance to Pluto. These more recent suggestions are for objects 1/3 to 1/2 a light year away and they never get closer.

Pile of unrelated issues? An increase in natural disasters worldwide is normal?

That's correct. You made a list of things and claimed they were related. They were not.

Natural disasters are not increasing. What is increasing is flooding due to human activity. Construction, poor farming practices, deforestation and other activities have led to more frequent and more intense floods.

Exactly what creditability do you have by stating that there has not been an increase in earthquakes?

What credibility do you have for any of the claims you made?

According to the USGS earthquake activity is not increasing and volcanism is not increasing.

Although it may seem that we are having more earthquakes, earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or greater have remained fairly constant throughout this century and, according to our records, have actually seemed to decrease in recent years.

Common Myths About Earthquakes

I also see that you did not mention a rebuttal to the sun rising 2 days early in Greenland, may I ask what is your explanation for that?

I skipped over pointing out that snow and ice melt lowered the local horizon.

You also didn't mention a rebuttal as to why other planets in are solar system have been warming.

The claim that this is happening is supported by few and in all cases there are well known explanations for what is happening.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
hi there i am a new member and wish to share what i found on google sky. im not sure if you have seen these already but i have lots of hidden blocked out blue squares which all link in a pattern like something orbiting that someone is trying to hide. i have tons of co-ordiantes and i can screen cap. not sure how to link picture from computer looks like i have to host it somewhere?? any ideas

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bluegold

The missing blocks are due to an image stitching problem at Google. The same images come from an old, not new whole sky survey. It's the digital Sloan survey. You can find the original images online. Check them out. Better yet go out and look at the real thing. No one is putting black rectangles up in the real night sky.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by bluegold

The missing blocks are due to an image stitching problem at Google. The same images come from an old, not new whole sky survey. It's the digital Sloan survey. You can find the original images online. Check them out. Better yet go out and look at the real thing. No one is putting black rectangles up in the real night sky.

I respect your response but i think this is wierd. I have 30+ tags of these in a "c" type curve then into a straightish line that slowly curves. Theres probably loads more but they are hardish to find as they blend in pretty good at times. The distance between these on the straightish line are pretty much constant. On a couple you can see a little bit of greenish colour coming from behind it

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join