It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Buildings to Modern

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I've seen a lot of things about the ancient stone work of many cultures being "amasing" or "supernatural" but I don't think people are looking at the facts. Be it the pyramids of giza or any of the amazing south american works, there is nothing that amazing about any of them OTHER than the skill and effort put into the crafting.

Virtually all of the atounding ancient stone structures are built out of stone blocks. Some are amazing because of the shear height and volume of stone, some are set so well that to this day, thousands of years later, there are no gaps between the stones. Yet all these things could be done with the right amount of time, skill, and desire.

Look at building futher along in human history. The Romans invented conrete, rock you mix up as a liquid then pour into any shape you want. They even made a version that will harden underwater. I the supernatural or aliens made the pyramids...why didn't they have the liquid stone?

Further along came the use of steel in structures...be it pure steel sky scrapers or concrete/steel combinations. Modern engineering has made things like the Washington Monument which dwarfs any egyptian obolisk, and the Saint Louis Arch makes the engineering of the pyramids look laughable. A solid pyramid is not exactly an structural feat compared to a massive thin metal arch that can withstand high winds.

Ancient structures are amazing because they show invested human time and desire. So when you gaze at these ancient works...you should be thinking how amazing people are...not "how did they do it"...aliens beaming down pyramids is easy.... but using your hands, some wood, and a little rope to make one...now THAT is amazing.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Finally, a devine intellect from above has descended into our forum to share with us his incredible knowledge OF THE OBVIOUS.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the tone and intention of your post- I hope so.

Yes, the pyramds are impressive just on the grounds of the effort and attention to detail that went into them. That being said, it's not JUST about effort. There is no way to build a pyramid on 100% efforts, because you simply can't gather the necessary number of people under or around one of those blocks to muscle it around.
It likely took a high level of inventiveness and ingenuity to make it possible. I can't tell you for certain how the egyptians did it. Leverage (which would require a fairly brilliant system of devices, since steel was not available and timber was not too readily available.)? Wind power, with kites (without steel cables or synthetic fabric)? I'd go into more ideas if i had the time. My point is that this is a lot more than "heave ho".
You don't have to believe in the supernatural (there's not sufficient reason to at the moment) but you can't write them off either.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
didnt the Egyptians have batterys??? i think one was found and prooved to work, who knows what they couldve used but if they had those hundreds even thousands of years before science admits them being created, seems to point to past civilisations that were highly developed but for some reason fell, and got forgotten in history.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
there were other amazing bulidings that didn't quite make it to our times

ce.eng.usf.edu...
ce.eng.usf.edu...
ce.eng.usf.edu...
ce.eng.usf.edu...
ce.eng.usf.edu...

these bulidings are fabulous, but for whatever reason they have been destroyed. next time check out the other wonders of the ancient world before making a post

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
didnt the Egyptians have batterys??? i think one was found and prooved to work, who knows what they couldve used but if they had those hundreds even thousands of years before science admits them being created, seems to point to past civilisations that were highly developed but for some reason fell, and got forgotten in history.

I heard about finding batteries too. Anybody know anything about it?

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Come on gents, do your homework... it was on the first page of this forum.

This battery was not powering a black-and-decker cordless drill, and definately not powering an anti-gravity device. It's a 1.5 volt battery of uncertain origin that may have been used for electroplating precious metals and/or soldering, and there is no telling how rare or wide spread the practice was, although the dearth of battery finds points to rare.
There are some good posts on the thread i referred to about what to make of this find. It's not insignificant, but it doesn't prove the unimaginable either.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Isn't logic wonderful Quest? Thank you for using your brilliant mind!

[edit on 7/18/04 by xenophanes85]

top topics

join