It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptians Order Pizza for Wisconsin Protesters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Considering it was from a Muslim country is it safe to am assuming that there was no pork? Pepperoni, Ham, or sausage. Please question anything they do. Until they stop stoning gays and women to death, making women sit in the back with head-scarves on, and killing adulterers, I will not take them seriously. I guess I a will always view them as a nuisance.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Err no.

Scott Walker is the tyrant here.

Nice try though.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm beginning to see global revolution in the air! It's spreading and soon it's time for all to unite against a common enemy. That enemy lies withing major corporations in bed with big government that suppresses us all no matter what area you live in. It's almost time for people to regain what we were born to be; FREE AND INDEPENDENT!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mickdundee23
Considering it was from a Muslim country is it safe to am assuming that there was no pork? Pepperoni, Ham, or sausage. Please question anything they do. Until they stop stoning gays and women to death, making women sit in the back with head-scarves on, and killing adulterers, I will not take them seriously. I guess I a will always view them as a nuisance.

They don't stone each other in Egypt.

Only in:
Afghanistan
Indonesia
Iraq
Iran
Nigeria
Saudi Arabia
Somalia

Thanks for playing though.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sayiamu
Wouldn't it be cool ... if a Super Supreme were the downfall of TPTB and ended their grip on it all...

The People Rise Above Special: 2000 X Large 50,000 wings and a Soda Truck ... Tuesdays Only!

edit on 21-2-2011 by sayiamu because: (no reason given)

Nope..!!

I wouldn't start a revolution or bring down TPTB for anything less than a "Super family sized Marinara with two - repeat TWO - extra servings of yummy Anchovies...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Walker is not a tyrant. they are protesting for collective bargining which is what the unions do. Its basiclly a protest for the unions right to exisit. That's why they are fighting so hard. And unions don't care about the quality of work or workers who aren't part of the union. They only care about union member because they get a piece of each members paycheck. And they use strong arm tactics to get their way. I was a strike breaker back when the grocery stores here were going crazy and there was people outside the store who did not work. Eat the store threatening me and anyone else with a uniform going in the store. The police would be parked in the lot everyday. Unions are just mafia lite.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

""the revolution will now be televised......ermm...delivered in 30 minutes or less!"

are you freaking serious?!! how awesome is that!!!!

with more gestures like in the OP, theres proof that it's haves against have nots....class vs class and if this goes viral, the world has hope yet!

now i'm wondering if we can place a call in order for Iranian protesters for felafel????

continue the trend perhaps? restaurants in bahrain
edit on 22-2-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Wow. This is great. International commradery is in full effect.

TAKE THAT TPTB HA, YOU WILL LOSE! BYE BYE!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Um maybe except Egypt evicted a dictator. In Wisconsin the Unions are the dictators.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've read in awhile. How did you even come up with that one? Dictators get rid of Unions, for an obvious reason.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
They should have done it today for Domino's Two for Tuesdays deal.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Great stuff, their enemies are our enemies, good to see they recognize this, too bad more people in the U.S. did not recognize this.

Unions are critical to what made the U.S. the great nation it is, and the Wisconsin Teachers union has a right to continue to exist.

Where is the proof that they are demanding unreasonable salary increases and benefits and all that?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I can't believe anyone would fall for this garbage. First off, the protesters in Wisconsin are a bunch of liars and cheaters. I have teachers in my family, and I support them 100%, but even they think that the individuals in Wisconsin are acting like a bunch of spoiled brats. Second, most of them aren't even teachers, nor are they even from Wisconsin. They're a bunch of bussed in professional protest artists. Third, many of the Egyptian protesters aren't so much pro-democracy, as they simply are anti-Mubarak. What a bunch of tools these fools are.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The teachers in Madison don't even know what they are protesting for, much less someone from Egypt.
Protest until you're blue in the face from tear gas, pension and medical contributions are going up for teachers, even the hiding democrats support this.

Besides we have better stuff to spend our money on, like Superbowl victory parties.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Put an End to Reaganomics and restore the Progressive Taxation. Raise taxes on the rich. Quit giving out subsidies to Big Oil, Big Pharma, Big Agriculture, etc. Quit giving tax breaks to Corporations that ship our Jobs overseas. Bring the troops home. Audit the Pentagon. Shut down the Imperial military bases all over the world. Bring back Tariffs on Foreign-Made goods.

In short, end the Welfare State that exists for Corporations (particularly those that are part of the Military Industrial Complex) and the Richest of the Rich.

The unions that solidify and give a voice to the working people of America is the least of your worries.

I detest corporate bootlicking. They seem to run rampant in our nation! Why is that?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by molonlabe87

Blah blah blah.

Have you ever been a member of an union? If not, then you have no freaking idea what unions do or why they exist.

Walker, like the rest of his Pee Farty brethren, is a complete tool. He'd love to return America to the days of union-busting.

Again, nice try.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
I can't believe anyone would fall for this garbage. First off, the protesters in Wisconsin are a bunch of liars and cheaters. I have teachers in my family, and I support them 100%, but even they think that the individuals in Wisconsin are acting like a bunch of spoiled brats.

You're right, fighting to maintain the ability to voice your concerns about your work environment is spoiled, undemocratic, and unAmerican. In America we aren't supposed to have the right to influence decisions about our livelyhood.

All perplexed sarcasm aside, I can't believe the whole thing has gotten this far. Outlawing collective bargaining is clearly in violation of the first amendment, the most basic American right to freedom of speech. The government isn't allowed to dictate what concerns American citizens are allowed and not allowed to voice surrounding issues that affect them.
edit on 22-2-2011 by beansanmash because: I like edit tags because I don't like my posts to have too much street cred

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by jibeho
I find it very difficult to compare the unrest in Egypt to the plight of the PUBLIC unions in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio etc etc.

Greed, Greed, Greed... Entitlements, Entitlements, blah blah,,,, The taxpayers have spoken and the taxpayers have had enough. Yes, the taxpayers who foot the bill for these union members to shut down schools thereby placing more hardship on the school families and the children in the schools. Clearly, we know what is more important to these teachers. I suggest these folks seek a new vocation. Tough to find job that will replace their $100k pay and benefit package though.

These little President backed union uprisings will do more harm to the unions than good. Wisconsin will be the tipping point. Their true colors are shining through the fog. Keep up the good work!! The truth hurts and reality bites.

ETA:

I don't think that people realize that it is the unions who have long maintained the stronghold, the leverage and the power. NOT the Govt. The govt. is biting back in the best interest of the majority of the taxpayers. FOR ONCE. Representatives are actually doing what they were ELECTED to DO!!
edit on 21-2-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

Actually a great deal of the Egyptian protesters were there because of wages, many of them were also public/government employees.

If I am not mistaken there was a surplus before this fellow initiated tax breaks, a crisis by design, if I am wrong post your evidence.

The surplus story is simply a myth that was perpetuated by Rachel Maddow based on info improperly gleaned from a January 2011 memo. Maddow only interpreted what she wanted her audience to hear.

Our conclusion: Maddow and the others are wrong.

There is, indeed, a projected deficit that required attention, and Walker and GOP lawmakers did not create it.

More on that second point in a bit.

The confusion, it appears, stems from a section in Lang’s memo that -- read on its own -- does project a $121 million surplus in the state’s general fund as of June 30, 2011.

But the remainder of the routine memo -- consider it the fine print -- outlines $258 million in unpaid bills or expected shortfalls in programs such as Medicaid services for the needy ($174 million alone), the public defender’s office and corrections. Additionally, the state owes Minnesota $58.7 million under a discontinued tax reciprocity deal.

The result, by our math and Lang’s, is the $137 million shortfall.

It would be closer to the $340 million figure if the figure included the $200 million owed to the state’s patient compensation fund, a debt courts have declared resulted from an illegal raid on the fund under former Gov. Jim Doyle.

A court ruling is pending in that matter, so the money might not have to be transferred until next budget year.

To be sure, the projected shortfall is a modest one by the standards of the last decade, which saw a $600 million repair bill one year as the economy and national tax collections slumped.

politifact.com...

ETA:

Nothing wrong with putting some wage control factors in the process. That's what Walker wants to do. Tough to budget without any idea of what is to come from the unions. Furthermore, he is not attempting to end collective bargaining for wages. He wants to end the bargaining for benefits and rightfully so when you consider the ever increasing cost of healthcare and the uncertainty ahead due to the foggy and yet to be determined details in the Obamacare plan. Ask yourself why so many unions have already received exemptions.

Time for the PUBLIC unions to pony up and contribute to their own benefit funding. Enough of the sucking off of the taxpayers. We're strapped already. I have no say in what happens with private unions but I feel the need to have input with regards to those who are paid out of the taxpayer filled hopper. Time to get in line with reality!!
edit on 22-2-2011 by jibeho because: add content

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
I can't believe anyone would fall for this garbage. First off, the protesters in Wisconsin are a bunch of liars and cheaters. I have teachers in my family, and I support them 100%, but even they think that the individuals in Wisconsin are acting like a bunch of spoiled brats. Second, most of them aren't even teachers, nor are they even from Wisconsin. They're a bunch of bussed in professional protest artists. Third, many of the Egyptian protesters aren't so much pro-democracy, as they simply are anti-Mubarak. What a bunch of tools these fools are.

Actually, Mubarak wasn't hated so much, his personalty is likable. It was his actions against democracy that brought him down in the people's eyes. What gave you the idea that it was a anti-mubarak revolution and not a pro-democracy? Havent you seen the demonstrations/celebrations after mubarak left? Democracy is the goal, mubarak was just in the way. Comon this stuff is obvious stop twisting realty to fit your uneducated view of middle eastern countries!

One question I want to ask about the whole solidarity thing; Why Ian's Pizza in particular? And why does CNN say that there was no call from Egypt even though its listed?:

edit on 22-2-2011 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
awwwwh, little show for the sheeple. it is cute. pr managers must be working their asses off
trying to keep their hardearned moneys they get from elitists ngos. pizza? seriously?
"as we can see from facebook photos...". seriously? you call this "news"?
edit on 22-2-2011 by psyop911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I think this mightve been a joke done by anonymous. Or am I wrong? I just cant imagine all these countries do the same exact thing without a facebook page telling them to do so.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join