It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptians Order Pizza for Wisconsin Protesters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Personaly, I think it's quite silly.
Egypt protested over a Mubarak regime.
Teachers protested because they have to pay for their own health insurance.

Oh the horror, the horror.

(shakes head in disgust!)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thanks so much for this info. S&F&

YEA WORLD!

Warms my little heart, it does. BIG smile.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What's quite silly is that the Egyptians can see past that and you can't.

No one disputes that we have it better in this country than a large portion of the world and that we can be spoiled and greedy at times, and I am not claiming that issue should be swept under the rug and ignored, but the point of this story is not who has it worse. The point is people standing together and supporting one another's cause.

edit on 2/21/2011 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Egypt was about government control. Freedom.
Wisconsin? It's about a government union wanting more control.

Silly, is using a nice term.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Um maybe except Egypt evicted a dictator. In Wisconsin the Unions are the dictators.

A perfect example of how the conservative right totally misread the intent of the Egyptian uprising.

In the beginning, the right wing media started out supporting the protestors for their courage in standing up to a thug dictator. When the realization set it, that they were actually demanding social & economic justice and that the removal of their oppressive, american puppet dictator was just step 1 in that process, they suddenly changed their tune. All of a sudden it became all about the "muslim" brotherhood and how the "terrorist" were attempting to overthrow and control Egyptian government.

I think the fact that these people are now buying pizza for the Wisconsin protestors is a clear indication of just who, at least in their opinion, is the oppressive "dictator" and who are the oppressed. The longer that you refuse to accept the reality of the situation, the longer you will remain blind to the solutions. This is about corporate profiteers exploiting the masses for their own personal, sometimes political gain and the people have had enough.

To the OP, I say great find! Wish I could give you double S&F.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's seldom about the issues. It is all about the courage to take and make a stand in public with others. Espacially in these times where anyone can simply be labelled as terrorists or shot at for simply speaking out to what is wrong.

And in that aspect, many other fellow humans were found not lacking, and those whom fear, or hide in sleep, should take heart....

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Egypt was about government control. Freedom.
Wisconsin? It's about a government union wanting more control.

Everyone understands both situations. Repeating an already established point does not make you right. The point of this story is showing support to fellow human beings despite the differences. You are focusing on differences in political issues. The people of these countries who have donated are not; they recognize that the political issues are a moot point. All they see are people camping outside in support of their cause, so they donate money to give them something to eat.

Again, you are the one being silly about it. Not them. They are looking at this much deeper. They are looking at it from a peaceful, supportive, unified point of view. You are looking at it from a politically combative, black and white, divided point of view.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
What an outstanding gesture by the Egyptians. In the midst of all the turmoil and strife they are currently experiencing, and given the poverty levels of most there, this was a truly magnanimous gesture of solidarity. They're showing us what it's all about - the people versus increasingly dictatorial governments.

To all those haters who had to turn this into another union bashing thread, don't get your corporate panties in a knot. Fox "News" is only showing you the news as only a handful of corporate billionaires want you to see it. You have to look beyond that, take the red pill and see the world the way it really is.

I'm sorry, but wasn’t there an election last November in which the voters of Wisconsin told the unions to go suck an egg because they were broke?

The same as there was an election 2 years ago in which the voters of this nation put Obama in the WH and told corporate elitist to 'suck an egg'? I trust then from your comment above that you fully support Obama since he won the election, the same as your expecting everyone to support Walker since he won his election?

What everyone is overlooking about the Wisconsin public union is that they've already agreed to the concessions and pay cuts, what they DON'T agree to is the removal of their collective bargaining rights. Walker wants to strip them of these rights. People the world over, even those recently freed of government tyranny in Egypt, recognize the basic principles at stake here in Wisconsin and soon, Ohio.

If it hasn't already been said;
Thank you, Egypt.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

It's all about issues. If a protest started where people wanted a bigger government with more control, would you support it just because the "masses" were in the streets?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I'm looking at it realistically. For heavens sake! This is making those in Egypt look like fools.
Solidarity for the masses?
BWAHAHAHAHA

This is about greed in Wisconsin and freedom (if they get it) in Egypt.

Sorry to burst the rainbow/unicorn sentiment here, kids. But not everything is in a nice shade of gray.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Very well stated and you're exactly right. John Lennon probably expressed it best in "Imagine."

It's really surprising just how many of the things we accept as everyday practices, that in reality, serve no purpose other than to create division among people. Everything from national borders to religious beliefs, from pledges of allegiance to team rivalries, from race to sexual orientation, all of these things do nothing other than support the "Them vs. Us" mentality which tends to highlight our differences instead of recognizing our oneness.

We are witnessing the awakening of the human consciousness and it's a wonderful thing, just "Imagine."

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
this is ridiculous.
People is getting killed in the middle east protests and most of ATS community is talking about pizza and solidarity and teachers.

And where the heck are the threads about monster Kadafi?
Buried.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You are doing nothing but trolling this topic. You obviously have a very severe lack of understanding of what this story is about. It is not about political issues, as I and others have made clear to you multiple times. Enjoy being closed-minded. I have nothing more to say to you.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
reply to post by beezzer

You are doing nothing but trolling this topic. You obviously have a very severe lack of understanding of what this story is about. It is not about political issues, as I and others have made clear to you multiple times. Enjoy being closed-minded. I have nothing more to say to you.

I've provided an opinion and relevence to support that opinion. Just because I disagree with most on this thread makes me a troll?
That's what I like about ATS, on ANY given topic you will have people pro/anti to the thread.

Freedom of speech, buddy, it's a beautiful thing.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by metodex
this is ridiculous.
People is getting killed in the middle east protests and most of ATS community is talking about pizza and solidarity and teachers.

And where the heck are the threads about monster Kadafi?
Buried.

I don't think anyone here made any implications that Lybia or Kadafi should be ignored, but this thread happens to be about people of the world uniting behind a common cause, On top of that, last I heard anyone who's a member can post a thread, so what's stopping you? Put it out there, I'm sure it will be a heavily debated topic as well.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Beezer makes some fair points and what the protestors in Wisconsin are protesting is the opposite of beezers political stance. The fact you live in America you can both have your opposing beliefs. But there is an international comradeship between those who consider themselves the workers, in a continuous struggle against the ruling classes. That is what i believe is being represented.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Beezer makes some fair points and what the protestors in Wisconsin are protesting is the opposite of beezers political stance. The fact you live in America you can both have your opposing beliefs.

That's fine. I'm not infringing on his/her right to have an opposing belief. The problem is this thread isn't about the Egypt protests nor the Wisconsin protests. It is about people from around the world showing generosity and support towards others. If he/she wants to discuss the protests in either location, there are plenty of threads about it. If he/she wants to address the differences between the two protests, he/she is free to start a thread about it.

But that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about one group of people finding a simple way of supporting another group of people on the other side of the world. As long as we're going to complain about Egyptians showing some generosity, I didn't see Americans donating money and food to Egyptians during their protests. So really, who is the silly one here?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I've provided an opinion and relevence to support that opinion. Just because I disagree with most on this thread makes me a troll?
That's what I like about ATS, on ANY given topic you will have people pro/anti to the thread.

Freedom of speech, buddy, it's a beautiful thing.

Yes freedom of speech is a beautiful thing, buddy, unless you always troll and try and turn everything into a political diatribe against those you disagree with regardless of the subject. Always a rant against the libs, cut and pasting the Limbaugh letter.

Once again....pay particular attention to #17

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-2-2011 by whaaa because: klg^ big code

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thanks MA. Excellent and heartwarming post.

S & F

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The title of this thread is "Egyptians Order Pizza for Wisconsin Protesters"

Not people of the world supporting others.

It is a poor attempt at tying what was relavent in Egypt to what is going on in Wisconsin.
Apples and oranges.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join