It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazon rain forest is dieing due to pole shift!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
OP, this list of posts by member's shows in an intelligent way how there are way to many factors to add to the reasons why the Amazon is drying up and dying, it also shows how there are far more people worried about this than you would imagine but helpless to make any real difference at this point.

I know it can be heartbreaking to look at the human factor involved such as greedy commerce , industrialization and diversion of critical waterways for farming and and such, but this is a pandora's box of sorts and one that needs all the attention by msm that it can garner.

I appreciate you bringing this thread forward, but what do 'you' think can be done to help in this situation, what are your solutions to the problem? I know I have mentioned for years on this board my ideas for solutions.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Natural disasters are going to be more and more frequents as Hercolubus gets closer.

And people need that information urgently because the pole shift is going to cause that oceans change theirs seabed, and that will sink progressively all current continents as new lands will emerge.

The only chance to survive is to get the relevant information quickly, because that process has already started, so there is no time to waste.

Who knows the truth can walk by himself, and can use that knowledge to learn more, but who is lost in the labyrinth of theories will be blew by the events in the terrible catastrophes that are going to happen soon.

It is time to awake. It is time to be ready.

planetx-hercolubus-nibiru.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestic3
Natural disasters are going to be more and more frequents as Hercolubus gets closer.

And people need that information urgently because the pole shift is going to cause that oceans change theirs seabed, and that will sink progressively all current continents as new lands will emerge.

The only chance to survive is to get the relevant information quickly, because that process has already started, so there is no time to waste.

Who knows the truth can walk by himself, and can use that knowledge to learn more, but who is lost in the labyrinth of theories will be blew by the events in the terrible catastrophes that are going to happen soon.

It is time to awake. It is time to be ready.

planetx-hercolubus-nibiru.blogspot.com...

Well if your correct with this crazy theory that planet X can get close enough within 2 years to effect earths pole shift enough instead of pole shifts naturally occuring every year.... ill eat my shoe.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

thanks much appreciated!
we need to stop taking tree with out replenishing them and replace the one's we have took over the years and not just the one's that are to re consume when there fully grown and take into consideration that our planet is changing weather we like it or not we need to re plant tree's in the place's which is best for them and not just for us even if that does mean we all have a tree in our back yard I'd rather have that than be poised slowly by carbon monoxide and pollution
we don't do enough to help our environment we should all do our bit and then the overall task wouldn't be so big

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberghosts
Is it that hard for people to grasp
The poles are moving all the time the poles don't stay in the same place there is an expedition yearly to map where they have moved to which means countrys and forests like the amazon are slowly moving to new positions around the planet hence why the ice caps are melting

GOOGLE-yearly pole shift
an you'll see what I mean

PLEASE get your facts straight , the magnetic poles are moving, always have been that is true but that does not have any affect on the daily function of the earth or any kind of tempature change, the GEOGRAPHIC POLES are not moving for there to be a change in geographic pole location (as in the north pole physically moving) it would require a change in the planets tilt,

i really do not mean to direct this to you but i am really tired of uninformed people regurgitating the same crap over and over without using commen sence to check their facts. and this topic especially when idiots do not know the differance between magnetic and geographic pole shift.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

i agree we all need to do a bit. a number of years ago i was diving in a river in the winter near eskdale falls, cumbria. wetsuit,trainers and goggles. i jumped off a bridge into the water which had a sump at the bottom approx 7 meters deep. when i swam down to the bottom i noticed a pile of large batteries which were leaking. i noticed the yellow tinge surrounding the sump. i was horrified. i then decided to pick them up one by one and bring them out. there were three all told and as i pulled the last one out i noticed a group of tourists standing on the bridge. they eventually moved down to the rivers edge and enquired as to what i was doing. as i explained the situation an elderly lady asked me if i worked for the national park to which i replied no.
she had tears in her eyes and thanked me for what i did. the others did as well. it was quite moving for me in changing my attitude from anger to empathy and i must admit i was welling up afterwards thinking about it.
as a seasoned backpacker whenever i am out in the sticks, i pick up any rubbish i can carry (always a couple of bin bags in the rucksack) that others have discarded. the same location has a forest and in a small clearing i noticed smouldering. i approached the area and found piles of rubbish, beer bottles etc. whoever did this has attempted to set the tree on fire. sifting through the rubbish i found a mobile number and top up. i phone the area warden who attended the scene and i also phoned the number. i asked the phone user if he had been in eskdale to which he replied yes. then i threatened him with a fate worse than hell if he ever came back. the guys was full of apologies and i informed him his details were now in the hands of the national park authorities and the police.

i find some peoples attitude to the environment sickening, however i think education is the key here. the more people understand the implications of what they do, i am sure they will think twice before contributing towards the apathy.
it would warm my heart to know that members on this site would be willing to sacrifice a few minutes of their time in assisting the environment wherever they are.
slightly off topic from the amazon but quite relevant imo.
regards f

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
it is absolutely ridiculous that you find an article about rainforests dieing and you automatically come up with the conclusion that a hypothesized planet with no solid evidence to its existence, is about to tear through our solar system and cause the poles on planet earth to shift.
you are making a claim and you have not shown a single piece of evidence to show this is the case, this is nothing more than a conclusion you have come up with by yourself due to reading articles and forums that talk about this.
unless you are a scientist or an astronomer with cutting edge equipment this must be the case.

in future instead of making a bold claim with a sensational title, at least show a little bit of solid evidence in your thread as to why, in your opinion, you believe this is the case.. or simply make a thread as you have done but simply change the title to..... IS the rainforest dieing due to pole shift? this way you can give your opinion, have a debate and you havent made any wild claims, that get other peoples backs up.

anyway rant over, i think your wrong, there could be thousands of natural and manmade reasons as to why the rainforest is dieing, with more evidence and makes more sense than your original claim.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

What bothered me most when first discovering the Rain Forest issues was that the forests were being cut down to graze cattle for the big burger chain stores worldwide, specifically US. The waterways were being diverted to those areas and with the rise in populations the pollution issues were also becoming a massive problem.

there are many ways to resolve these issues but they are not even being considered, many of the solutions would not only create local commerce and jobs, but sustainable futures for the indigenous people and natural animals which have relied on the Tropical rain forests for thousands of years.

Now it is even worse for the Indigenous tribes who are being cheated out of their lands and properties, and displaced into a world filled with a non compliance for their cultures and habits.

Animals, plants and humans are being eradicated for the sake of big industry.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
my vote is the 10 plus years of tearing every viable tree down all for

A pretty obvious result i might add

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

You didn't actually read the original article on Tyche did you? A few scientists said they had a hypothesis that Tyche could exist. This replaced their former Nemesis hypothesis. They then claimed that if it does exist it might be shown in the WISE data that will be analyzed over the next few years. Since the data has even been analyzed yet how could they have found a hypothetical planet?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Wrong Forum. Should be in the Skunkworks.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Planet X is not real. Why can't we just admit that we screwed everything up. We have destoryed our rain forests, we have destroyed our finite resources, because we are greedy, corrupt and wasteful as a species. Why do we always need a scapegoat? I didn't do it, planet x did...... like really? Are you serious? If the so called Tyche planet is real, which, has not been confirmed yet by the way. It has an orbit so far out there, that even if its existence is true, it has no impact on earth. It's been there forever, and we are still here today to discover it. So, if this thing had a 3600 year orbit, like the so called nibiru theories suggest, that would mean 3600 years ago, everything on earth was wiped out.... Well last time I checked, there was a lot of civilization on this planet, 5,000 years ago. So, how is it possible, that only 3600 years ago, everyone was wiped out, yet here we are today? Planet X is non-sense. It's something we can point the blame on whenever something goes wrong. Our problems are on this planet, caused by us, period. We pollute, we waste, we destory, and we consume, every natural resource on this planet. Now we are seeing the side effects of our actions. Remember that ever action has a consequence, so how can we be so blind and not take responsibility for our actions.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

true,
it gets me annoyed thinking that people who have lived of the land all there life's and don't no any different are being forced into a society thats totally new to them and totally unnatural to there standard way of living we're use to it but if we was brought up different we would most likely hate it.
they would think it bizarre that we catch fish and then throw them back again then head to the shops and buy one where is the sense in that and as for McDonald's that says it all.
i think it was in the Amazon where they were starting to drill for oil and then giving all the locals huts n stuff to be able to do it where they were living but then poisoning the water supply with the oil leaking from the pumps so the people further up river didn't want them to drill on there land but i can't see them having much choice because the oil company's drill pretty much anywhere they want nowheres sacred anymore

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Right... I'm gonna scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or yell... Whatevers manly!!

But look guys and gals. Would you please, please, please, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeee stop fretting about this Pole Shift!!!! If, IF, it was gonna happen we won't need to worry for at least 1000 years. Even if unexpectedly sped up by a factor of 10, that is still 100 years from now!!!

I will be worm food long before that. Granted the weakening of the magnetosphere is the first sign of a possible shift... That is all it is.

And I personally, personally guarantee I will buy everyone on here a drink come the 22nd Dec 2012 to prove my point. I should have enough in my ISA to sustain the heavy damage!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hmmm....
How odd..

If I remember correctly the drought is part of a cycle that happens on a regular basis. The el Nino event makes it worse sometimes,but last year broke all records and this year is even worse.

Why is it worse. ?

The Amazon is so massively big it makes its own clouds and rain. This water normally rains down every night, and some of it gets blown of to the Andes where it will be unable to cross over the mountains and rains down to form rivers that flow back to the Amazon again.

what a genius system huh...

Thing is that they have cut down to much and it appears they crossed the tipping point. There are now not enough trees and plants left keep up the balance. Not enough water gets airborne. It flows down to the sea an it is gone. The whole Amazon basin will end up a dessert .

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy[/

Heres a guy on both sides of the fence and he doesnt know it.
Ya the trees are being cut at incredible rates.
This helps global warming in its cource to change the world forever.
I wish they would have tons of carbon taxes for the jerks that think global warming is a joke.
I can wish most of the deniers are wet behind the ear young pups or ignorant red necks for im 55 and know you deniers are in for some action before ya even get close to my age-deserving too.

They chem-trail over your heads for global dimming and still you look up blind thinking its some poison the people conspiracy, but they have been doing it here for over 15 years now?// must be some weak poison, huh?
Look up dummies and you might figure it out yet

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
this is were your wrong about your title for your thread...

yes the great amazon rain forest is shrinking at an alarming fast rate .. but the pole shift has nothing to do with it and everything to do with man cutting down trees by the millions each year for paper and other things that are made out of wood ....

enjoy the videos as they are extreamly heartbreaking to me ...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
From what I've heard, over 70% of Earth's atmospheric O2 comes from the oceans (natgeo says around 50%, which leaves 30% (or 50% depending on your attribution) from terrestrial sources.
The Amazon covers approximately 2.8 million square miles.
The exposed surface of the Earth is 57.5 million square miles

You're going to look at me straight in the face (online for all practical matters) and tell me that less than 10% of the land is responsible for 1/4-1/2 of the O2 in the air?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I took a look at the website source for this information. While it is a fun read and interesting I find their science a bit lacking. The first error I noted was in a statement "The earth core magma is contacting ocean water.......etc". Sorry. There is no magma in the core (inner core). There is lots of iron though. Inner core, outer core. Both viable and very real. Magma, however, is a product of the earth's mantle. Yes some of this is contacting sea water such as in the Atlantic spreading zone. The earth's core(s) though at way far away and very separated from the source of magma. Having found that error I didn't look for any more. I'm betting they are certainly numerous.

My statement may seem frivolous but it indicates the level of education of those who purport to "warn" humanity of anything. As I said, "a fun read" but don't give up your day jobs quite yet. The earth is not going to end for at least another billion years and then it will be due to a certain point being reached in the depletion of the sun's fuel.

Sigh..... Where is a good conspiracy when we really need one?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
heres a someone saying there may be a pole shift in march hidden messages with cbs and paramount pictures (the eye and the piramid)
telling the elite to board ship now

I usually don't fall for these types of videos but this one gave me goose pimples.
Obama makes recorded message to be linked to emergency broadcast.
Forign ambasadors all recalled from forign posts. PN9 on March 13th and ELEnin on March 15th. I don't know just sayin.
Watch this video about CBS coded message to the Elite!

don't no what to make of this
true are false
i guess time will tell

they're boarding as we speak

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join