It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas Supervolcano, New Madrid Subduction Zone, Yellowstone, BP Oil Disaster

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

How does that prove anything? Fracking could easily have just woken something up and sped up a process that otherwise would have taken much longer to occur...I'm talking hundreds, thousands, millions of years longer.

There is actually an INSANE amount of evidence to suggest volcanic activity in Arkansas. Anyone that completely rules it out obviously has not done their research.

On another note, it may be a good thing they started injecting (it shouldn't continue, however) because if I'm right (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), didn't they find another fault in Arkansas BECAUSE of the fracking? This fault is said to possibly produce a 7.0 to an 8.0 (it is separate from the New Madrid Fault) and with these faults so close together, if it produced one that big, it could trigger the other fault to do the same. Which would mean a possible 2 LARGE earthquakes, both producing extensive, deadly damage.

They are hiding something from us, and they are hiding something big. I think they are studying this possibility, because the evidence is stacking up. However, they aren't going to be completely upfront about anything. They are down-playing these earthquakes, and if there was ANY volcanic activity, nobody is going to come out and say "Well, we've been looking into it, and not only are there earthquakes, but we have a possible supervolcano!". That would wreak havoc. People would be going insane. People would be moving to other parts of the USA and there would be major hysteria.

Everything is done in this country to keep calm, not to keep us safe. That's a fact.
edit on 4-3-2011 by tmar11 because: addition to evidence

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just to add to the conversation about the government possibly hiding all this...the electrical company that I work for bid a few government projects last year for the Memphis Area. These projects were to earthquake proof all three bridges crossing the Mississippi River into Arkansas, and the odd thing was that these projects bid quickly and were completed quickly. This is not the usual way that projects I'm familiar with are bid. It normally takes months for preparation and then more months for the project to be awarded and then even more for completion. I am not sure that all three project are complete yet, but construction began quickly. We have other projects that have been on the books for more than a year before they even begin.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Actually you are somewhat wrong in your statement, that there isnt a supervolcano under Arkansas, I agree that its not a supervolcano, but under Hot Springs AR. there is a magma chamber, how big it is i dont know, but it has been there for a very long time, thousands of years. If you go to hot Springs, you can actually bathe in the natural springs that are very hot, wonder how they are hot, hmmm Oh ya a Magma Chamber or ancient volcano under that area, also just southwest of the city of Hot Springs is a Diamond center, where you can dig for diamonds. Must be a Kimberly pipe or pipes around the Magma chamber that ejected the diamonds to the surface. Ive been to the Crater of diamonds in Arkansas and its pretty fun looking for diamonds in the only public place on earth where you can look for Diamonds yourself, No blood Diamonds there LOL. I do wonder that if they keep fracking the ground for gas and oil, if that will cause a shift in the balance of presssure under that area with the Magma, causing more frequent Earthquakes and maybe even an eruption. Scary stuff, because I live about 100 miles from Hot Springs.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

You guys are right about something goin on beneath our feet. I have felt the ground tremble several times in the past 8 months id love to have a seizmograph set up here close to Mena. I have found volcanic rock, old sea floor fossils and some gems ive sent off to be verified that look like diamonds if its quartz which we had a mine in mount ida and they dnt even compare to the nature of these clear gems. If their not diamonds then diamond sales is fixn to drop. Ive found ancient rock that looks like it was melted. Sum parts of the ground beneath the surface look like kingsford charcoal so add all of it up and it tells a story about a storm brewing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join