It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya protests: Gaddafi massacres 300, UK condemned for cosying up to tyrant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Libya protests: Gaddafi massacres 300, UK condemned for cosying up to tyrant

www.dailymail.co.uk

* British weapons believe to have been used in massacre of over 300
* UN warns that British Government could be guilty of 'complicity' in killings
* Tony Blair did a deal with Libyan dictator seven years ago
* Gaddafi's son says: 'We will fight to the last minute, until the last bullet'
* Violence spreads to the capital Tripoli for the first time

Britain faces growing condemnation over its courting of Colonel Gaddafi after the Libyan dictator ordered the slaughter of hundred.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
'FIGHT UNTIL THE LAST BULLET'

The son of Colonel Gaddafi warned that continued anti-government protests could lead to a civil war that could send Libya's oil wells up in flames.

Appearing on Libyan state television after midnight on Sunday, Saif Gaddafi said the army still backed his father, although he added that some military bases, tanks and weapons had been seized.

'We are not Tunisia and Egypt,' the son said.

'We will fight to the last minute, until the last bullet.

'We will keep fighting until the last man standing, even to the last woman standing...We will not leave Libya to the Italians or the Turks.'

He acknowledged that the army made mistakes during protests because it was not trained to deal with demonstrators.

But he added that the number of dead had been exaggerated, giving a death toll of 84.

Saif Gadhafi offered to put forward reforms within days that he described as a 'historic national initiative' and said the regime was willing to remove some restrictions and begin discussions for a constitution.

He offered to change a number of laws, including those covering the media and the penal code.

Will this ever bloody end!!! People re dying and it seems no one really can do a thing about it! i hope to god it ends soon!

One witness said snipers opened fire from rooftops. Two others said gunmen in vehicles with photos of Col Gaddafi sped through, opening fire and running people over. The witnesses reported seeing casualties, but the number could not be confirmed.

The worst unrest of Gaddafi’s 41-year rule comes seven years after Tony Blair’s controversial Deal in the Desert, when the Labour Prime Minister ushered Libya in from the cold in exchange for billions in British business deals.

Since sanctions were lifted in 2004, UK firms have sold sniper rifles, tear gas, wall-breaching projectile launchers and crowd control ammunition to a regime found guilty of ordering the Lockerbie bombing, Britain’s worst terrorist atrocity.

It paved the way for the near doubling of exports to Libya, worth almost £500million in 2009 alone.

Mr Blair’s deal is widely seen as having paved the way for the controversial release of Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al-Megrahi.

It seems war is just as profitable as ever! Makes mesick to my stomach and my heart!

www.dailymail.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

So nothings changed..
War is business and business is good...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
same trend as Egypt I can see here..

the Regime is showing signs of unrest..willing to reform things is the worst step a regime can do to hold his ground..the people want the regime out..and the regime will fall like in Egypt..i hope

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

fingers crossed it ends soon and no more innocent lives are lost. It almost makes methnk as a race we are devolving! There shouldnt be this kind of bloodshed in this day in age!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
And yet The British Foreign Secretary,is the only Ministerial Official,who has come out and condemmed. The lybian authorities over thier actions.

I have not seen the US Government Officials doing this, Nor have I seen any other Government Officials condemming the actions of the Lybian Government.

And besides the US are guilty of Aiding the Egyptian Security Forces, and the Egyptian Army also. So what is the difference.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Libyan protesters have reportedly targeted the state television headquarters and set the central government building on fire, as violence in the capital city of Tripoli escalates.

Several other public buildings are also on fire, according to reports coming from the city.

Snipers opened fire on protesters overnight, according to witnesses, while supporters of Colonel Gaddafi shot from speeding vehicles.

Other witnesses said protesters moved into Tripoli's Green Square last night, and were then attacked by plainclothes security forces and militiamen in clashes that lasted until dawn.

Reports coming in on Twitter of banks being looted and police stations on fire in Tripoli, Libya.

Alex Rossi, in Cairo, and Natalie Fahy
Libyan protesters have reportedly targeted the state television headquarters and set the central government building on fire, as violence in the capital city of Tripoli escalates.

Several other public buildings are also on fire, according to reports coming from the city.

Snipers opened fire on protesters overnight, according to witnesses, while supporters of Colonel Gaddafi shot from speeding vehicles.

Other witnesses said protesters moved into Tripoli's Green Square last night, and were then attacked by plainclothes security forces and militiamen in clashes that lasted until dawn.

The latest wave of violence comes amid reports of an increasing number of fatalities, and fierce crackdowns by security forces.

Media has been banned from the country, making reporting the unrest difficult. Internet and phone connections in Libya are also sporadic, but some activists have managed to post updates on social media sites

edit on 21-2-2011 by Free4Ever2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Its almost as if it was all planned from the start! i think what we need to do is break this all right down to each individual fact and see what we can find, i shall start on this today and report back with what, if anything, i find.!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
So, what have we got so far in terms of unrest.....Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, Libya. Jordan removes and replaces it's prime minister+government. Rumblings in Bharain, Saudi Arabia and(I think,) Yemen. Protests in Iran. Iraq under US jurisdiction with alot of Iranian influence seeping in. What's happening in the rest of the Arab world?
How nervous is Israel right now?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I’ve being fallowing Libya’s news live streaming and a YouTube channel with real events happening right now in Lybia sense yesterday, and I’m telling you this events are not being televised to the west world like they should be I have a felling something is not quite right in here . If you don’t mind I’m going to post my threat in here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2011 by BenoV because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

i agree with you %100 , and my answer to you is follow the money , Berlusconi is their friend , now who else is their friend ? and for what ?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

One witness said snipers opened fire from rooftops. Two others said gunmen in vehicles with photos of Col Gaddafi sped through, opening fire and running people over.

What isn’t mentioned in the article is that we also trained their special forces. This was horrible at the time, let alone now.

SAS trains Libyan troops

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
And yet The British Foreign Secretary,is the only Ministerial Official,who has come out and condemmed. The lybian authorities over thier actions.

I have not seen the US Government Officials doing this, Nor have I seen any other Government Officials condemming the actions of the Lybian Government.

And besides the US are guilty of Aiding the Egyptian Security Forces, and the Egyptian Army also. So what is the difference.

The US and Ghadafi have been all buddied up ever since Reagan blew up his palaces. He stepped out of line, US rapped him on the knuckles, and he jumped back into line. Now he is a puppet for US and GB. Much like Egypt, and Bahrain, so this is getting very, very interesting.

Many of us said the spirit of revolt was in the air almost two years ago and it would only take a spark to set off a chain reaction that would spread like wild fire. We have had the spark, it is just a matter of time before it is knocking at our own doors!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

well said my friend, i htink we have all felt the tension building and building, now its a powder keg chain reaction! liek yousaid it wont be long til its at our doorstep, the question what will you do when it is?

Me personally ill fight, ill fight hard and ill fight well! If it will bring the change we all want and need then im willing !

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well there you go there is already, voices of concern being voiced in Europe, over the maybe Islamification of Lybia. To me it is all scare mongering. If lybia wants to become an Islamic state. What right do we have to tellthose citizens who they should choose, and who they should not choose.

Its funny that the UK and the USA should dictate what should happen,when both countries ignored,international condemnation, when Iraq was invaded.

Doubles Standards.

How things change.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The Problem is,the Arab World´s hate for the West is growing more and more recently,especially on the US,with them vetoing on the Israel Issue yesterday. They aren´t blind,they know our Goverements are waiting to see who wins before they are willing to do anything.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Live video right now!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Im watching Sky news Closely, Tribe Leaders are caling for Citizens to fend the Capital. Fears of large deaths are being reported, The regimme in Lybia are going to use anything to dwell the protests in that Country. Libian Ambassador summoned to the UK Foreign Office.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
2 Lybian Airforce Jets have seeked assylum, in Malta, Breaking News pictures provided. Live on Sky News now.

Sky News

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

i just heard that theres reports that the libian airforce have bombed there people, helicopters and all sorts in on the action now! Itll be on channel 4 news at 7pm uk time! Nothing talked about the helicopters or pilots on bbc news

edit on 21-2-2011 by Free4Ever2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join