It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts regarding my thoughts please :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
First of all if this is in the wrong section please move it to the appropriate section, but i post this here for my belief that as a species we have been systematically duped into holding false beliefs on the nature of life, existence, reality and god.

I enjoy meditation, and when revelations come to me i like to write them down before i forget them, so what i am going to post is the last thoughts i took from my head and saved to paper and disk, so please if you could take the time read what i think and tell me if you agree or disagree and why.

here it is.

So the other day I got to thinking.

I was sat in the park from 5am watching the animals.

Now one question has bugged me for a long time and that question relates to the nature of the world, existence, reality and god.

People are fanatical about beings greater than them without any solid proof in their existence but readily listening to men who claim to speak gods mind and will.

Then I started thinking about how we didnt have the freedoms we used to have, living within society now you have to live within societies norms which are decided by other people, dare to be different and risk being outcast or worse.

Then I cleared my head of all though and watched the ducks.

Then it came to me, they were free, they could go anywhere they pleased when they pleased, no worries about landlords demanding payment or governments demanding tax or moral bigots demanding money for charity, best of all they were free from other such trivialities as religion, so I asked my self, why cant we be as free as those birds?

Then it came to me, we can, we have the power to be free but have over many centuries been slowly conditioned and domesticated into believing we have little power and that we need society to protect us, which is false, at any time you have to power to turn your back on society and go and live as a true human in the wild like millions of years have evolved and designed you for.

Why don't we do this? Fear of being human? Or fear we cannot survive?
We are a species that has lost touch with its true roots and nature, we are living a lie, a false life, the life we now live is very cleverly designed by very clever people who have been pulling the wool over our eyes for a very long time, how can you be a prisoner if there are no bars? How can you be a slave if you see no chains upon your feet?

We are like caged animals in a zoo, we are living a life that is not natural for us.

Then I thought about god, who is god?

Well before I came to my conclusion I started thinking about other peoples gods, they are not real to me but they are very real to the people that believe in them, which raised a few questions in my mind about the nature of reality and what is real and not real, how can something exist in one persons world and not anothers?

For example, if I truly believed that there was an invisible man who lived inside my walls, truly believed that then to me he would be real, because with my belief I have given him the energy to be real.

So I asked myself, are we all living in our own separate worlds?

We share a space but live in separate worlds?

Matter in matter experiencing matter subjectively?

So I asked my self, could it not be that we our our own gods?

The gods of our own worlds? No one else has power over our destiny and future if we dont want them to other than our selves.

But I feel some people may not find that very easy to accept, it would be a big responsibility, because when they make a mistake it means no one is to blame other than themselves, and people like to be able to free themselves from blame and transfer it onto others, just like sacrificing someone to cleanse humanity of all its responsibility?

So religion takes your power away from you, the awesome power of the human being, the power of being the master of his own destiny and to be able to shape the world around him with belief alone.

Now there are many religions and people that would condemn me and tell me I am going to their interpenetration of hell for such heretical thoughts, but more fool them for giving all their energy to such false lies.
edit on 30/12/2009 by EyeOnYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
There are tons of people that have thought along the same lines that you have. Im american and I feel the true owner of america was the Natives I am part native and embrace it I would love to go back to hunting for my food trading and bartering. But knowing what I know now i would probably uprage the situation a little.

But for a fact a lot of people cant go back to their roots because modern man has disrupted nature so badly you would have to travel thousands of miles to find a good sustainablity. The food sources have been disrupted in most areas and you cant just set up camp on other peoples land you will get shot or arrested so infact a lot of people are automatically prisoners domesticated sheep with no choice. Luckily I live in the country and I blend modern and ancient. Look at all the problems we have in the world all because we wanted to be an advanced society im totaly against modernization and im happy to see it going backwards.

I dream of a day that we can be free from our earthly bonds and live as we wish or were meant to where you dont need a job.

As far as religeon to each his own when those alien like creatures revealed themselves to the aztecs and mayas im sure they did think they were gods and maybe they were.

But even all ancient societies worshipped something even if it was mother earth and father sky whats wrong with that.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Nothings wrong with it if the person truly believes it but i feel some religions people only continue believing out of fear.

I know what you mean, over here most of the wilds are called national parks now and its illegal to live on the land or have fires.

I just think if enough people who felt the same way said "keep your modern society, im going back to basics" they couldnt really do anything to stop you, and so what if they can stop you?

Id rather live my life sticking to my firm beliefs and evading those who think they have the right to dictate to me than to submit and live life on my knees to them.

Just lately me and a friend have been spending 3 nights a week out in the woods, but im planning to experiment and see how long i can stay out there without having to return to this concrete nightmare infested jungle.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Why don't we do this? Fear of being human? Or fear we cannot survive? We are a species that has lost touch with its true roots and nature, we are living a lie, a false life, the life we now live is very cleverly designed by very clever people who have been pulling the wool over our eyes for a very long time, how can you be a prisoner if there are no bars? How can you be a slave if you see no chains upon your feet?

I believe that one word can answer many of your questions.- Comfort

We, as humans, have grown accustomed to the comforts of our modern lives. This is even more-so within the last decade, because of all of the methods of communication, that new technology has made so easy for us all. To revert back to the ways of centuries ago, whether it be the pioneering days of America or times much earlier, would not be comfortable for a majority of people. Life would be much harder, in certain aspects; such as obtaining food, communication, and transportation........

Comfort

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I agree with what you say but i dont necessarily believe it to be a bad thing, it would solve certain problems in the world.

Survival of the fittest.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeOnYou

I think what you are doing is great you should try to form a tribe and eventually get your own land it doesnt matter if the rest follow or not because the rate that people are going they are going to destroy themselves any ways. Im going back to the wild very soon or atleast my version of it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by teotwawki77

Yes, it used to torture me that i could not make other people see the truth to it all but now i accept you cannot force people to see if they are not ready to see, if they are not ready to accept, so rather wait for the people who are ready or who are in the same place as me and continue with them.

The government or other people may claim to "own" land but if enough people set up camp or started their own community away from the devolution process what could they do to remove or stop you if you rebelled and refused to go without a fight?

Let them try and take me by force and i shall defend myself by any means necessary to live free, or at the worst die defending my natural right to live as a free creature.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hi people

first of all i kinda get what you mean however i think your looking at life through rose tinted glasses. First lets look at your view on the ducks. Ducks or any other animal on the planet are far from free. they live in a controlled enviroment just like us, usually with an alpha male who controls there enviroment. Now lets look at that more closely, this includes population control, mating, food distribution, some even control sleeping areas. then you have to look at the constent threat of predators and so would we if we also went "back to basics". Now survival of the fittest is a common way to put he who has the biggest stick wins. we could never live like animals do because we are the only species on the planet that does not live in balance with our surroundings. we use up all resources and constantly multiply and all we do is expand or move to a larger area. the root of our problem is consumption.

I also think people take the word CONTROL way to far. So what the goverment are all assholes and yes they do have certain amounts of control over me which includes the types of education i receive, the amount of tax i pay etc but so the hell what! i hate it when people say the govermant holds them back its such a lame way of saying i cant be arsed making something of myself so ill blame someone else. I get to fall in love with who i please, do the job i want, live in a place of my choice, choose to be thin or fat, straight or gay,AND believe in god or not. Its time to move forward and not back. I can be hnest and say screw giving up what i have im happy and i know i could not survive with the minnimum needed.

Next time your at the park at 5am try thinking about all the things you have and things you have control over and hopefully that should bring a big smile to your face.

I wish everyone all the best

Helgas

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
"So I asked my self" you talk to you self?

it would be grate if we could live like that.
but greed took it from us.
some one would come along and take what little we had.
and we made things to make life easer. that was a wast of time.
now we have to have a big army to keep what we have,
to keep it from them out side.
But we now have them on the inside making wars to take it from the others on the inside!
you go off on your own and some one will take it from you.

maybe it is a good thing some thing comes along and culs the human race.
we get to start over.
and just maybe one day we will get it right.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Cul the human race?
Are you insane?

What would we gain from that..........that's right absolutely nothing lol
Try living your life before you condemn the world to death.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Here we are in the land of the free, with no areas designed for free sovereign life.
All land is owned with the exception of public land which you can't live on.
You gotta pick up camp every three days if you stay on public park property.

We are born into many traps, but this USA method that forces us to contribute to and be drained by society has proven to be so profitable, I can not imagine why it would change.

If we only voted on one important issue, being "true freedom", we would not win that vote.
People in the USA are to scared to be free. They need that big brother (government & church) to look after them.
The majority of people are happy to pay big brother to protect them, and would like to ensure the radicals are controlled by said brother.

"Look at this world...Oh what a mess"

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by weare1

You said it freedom doesnt coem free. I think this is what has inspired the survivalist movement and all of the people predicting the end. If it all ends we get to start over in a smaller society its to bad we cant just change it right now.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I love the idea of starting again lol its a miracle where here the first time round. Who says next time we will even exist. Stop focusing on all the negative crap you honestly can't do anything about a try looking at all the great things in the world and in your own life.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Yes i converse with myself, If you are not being engaged on such matters by those around you then you have to engage yourself.

I find many times when i have been able to make sense of things it has been due to conversing and posing dificult questions to myself.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Helgas2011

Unless the human race is thrown back out into the wild and forced to fend for itself once again the world will not be able o sustain the number of people living on it.

the reason we live out of balance with nature is because we are not living how we are designed to live, it is not a difficult thing to live in balance with the world and nature and live with it as opposed to at its expense.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Helgas2011

So you encourage people to put blinders on and ignore the things that are wrong?

That is not sound advice, out of sight is not out of mind, if something you perceive as negative as gaining gravity in your life then you should confront it not ignore it.

Back to the ducks, they are still more free than us, they can choose to go find another pond and another pack to be a part of.

But we dont have to be part of any hierarchy or pack if you go solo.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyeOnYou

I agree with what you say but i dont necessarily believe it to be a bad thing, it would solve certain problems in the world.

Survival of the fittest.

It was not my intention to sound as if I agree with the ways things are now. I actually didn't give my own opinion of agreeing or disagreeing (good thing or bad thing), with anything. I was merely stating that I believe that society as a whole, has grown overly accustomed and comfortable with the luxuries of our modern ways of living. Also, that most would not want to revert back to the way things were in the past.

Personally, I often have day-dreamt/imagined myself, if I had been born 250-300 years ago. I would love to be able to go back to simpler times and experience an entire lifetime of the "pioneering way of life."

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Me too, i think of the people we once were to the people we are now, addicted to convenience like addicts and most people these days rarely have any meaningful discussions together, rather these days the average conversation revolves around facebook and what "apps" they have for their new phone.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yes, we do live like caged animals, and it's is a shame. Here's my motto for this inigma:

“Propel, propel, propel your craft softly down liquid solution. Ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically, existence is simply illusion.” Fred Rogers

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

No I don't think people should just put the blinkers on but try looking at the glass half instead of half empty. We would not last 5 minutes fending for ourselves we simply do not have the skill so you would rely on someone that did and POW they instantly have power over you. Nothing would change there will always be a pyramid society with the most useful on top.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join