It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists: Sun's approaching 'Grand Cooling" assures new Ice Age!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Bikini or fur coat?
I wish they would make up their bloody minds as I have a walldrobe to kit out..... Oh the complexities these scientists are presenting................ winks

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is good news, it will give the Ice Caps some time to rebuild and the artic to repair itself.
Humanity survived one iceage when we had no tech, im sure we will be fine.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If the winters get any worse than the one we had this year, I'm moving south.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
this is why the Bush family bought land in Paraguay, to escape the glaciers.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
No one has yet mentioned Piers Corbyn of weatheraction.com. I don't know if he is correct, but his short range predictions have been highly accurate. He predicts general cooling for the next 100 years at least.

Also see iceagenow.com. This is a topic I have been interested in of late. Not saying I'm washed in the blood, but global cooling seems more troublesome then global warming so I hope they are wrong.
Oh and before I get accused of being some global warming denier: My belief is that it is a terrible idea to pollute our environment regardless. At a minimum it leaves the land and water toxic for our children, and the truth is we don't really know what other havoc it might cause. Companies are the largest polluters, yet consumers get the biggest guilt trips!

edit on 21-2-2011 by Leroy because: Fun

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I wonder if this means we should step up our production of greenhouse gasses?

Haha I couldn't resist..

What is funny is Al Gore contributing so much greenhouse gas to the environment while preaching against it for fun, fame, and profit.. Hope this puts his sorry self out of business for good.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Well there's not much you can do about the situation as an individual but what everybody can surely do is to prepare mentally to the event. I would sincerly much more appreciate to know before something happens than to have to face it surprised. Don't you think so ?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
These people are utterly full of crap. They don't know diddly about the sun or anything else in the universe. These egomaniacs study an object for a few years and plot a few graphs and think they know something. The sun is at least 100's of millions of years old and is in a constant state of violent physical and chemical processes that we can barely comprehend.

Time wise, what has been studied regarding the sun isn't even a blip relative to how long its been doing its thing.

But, if they are right...does that mean that a good environmentalist should trade the Prius in for a Hummer?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I love some of these responses.

You people hear "global cooling" and immediately go to bash Al Gore like the Koch-controlled puppets you are.

Have you ever, ever considered that the truth of this matter is somewhere in the middle? Perhaps you were a product of a crappy school system then.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm not listening to Al Gore anymore. After his video I quit eating beans, as such, and quit farting....Dam, all that for nothing.....Beans, beans, good for the heart, the more you eat, the more you fart......

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The Earth is cyclical.

The Sun is cyclical.

These so-called scientists and experts embarass themselves so much...

It's becoming cyclical...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
guys wait for the al gore response, our farts are making the planet warmer ...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
I love some of these responses.

You people hear "global cooling" and immediately go to bash Al Gore like the Koch-controlled puppets you are.

Have you ever, ever considered that the truth of this matter is somewhere in the middle? Perhaps you were a product of a crappy school system then.

Al gore deserves to be debased as much as possible regardless of the truth or not, of the earth cooling or heating..

He is in idiot bufoon who tried to rape a woman not so long ago, without ever being charged with a crime.

Plus, he uses more energy and produces more pollution than 10 regular people families combined, while at the same time preaching against it, and he was hoping to tax people for doing it.

So you don't think the earth is cooling? Does it matter? Does it feel good to be politically correct and support al gore? are you certain it isn't you that is the controlled puppet, as you said?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

That's not the point regardless.

This thread isn't about Al Gore. I don't understand why every thread about global cooling/warming has to have a snarky comment directed at Mr.Gore?

What's the point? You're not adding anything to the conversation by making such quips.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
The point is, he is a public figure espousing a policy and a mandate which concerns everyone..

And because of politics and political agendas running rampant and also filled with lies about what is happening, when it maybe isn't really happening at all..

Any public figure who speaks out about issues and tries to influence people should be heavily scrutinized, because almost every single time we have discovered someone was actually lying or embellishing some issue because of an agenda..

So when someone comes out and says something is happening and we need to be ready to do this , or that, it may be just be some fish story.. Because a lot of them actually have been full of it lately..

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The Earth goes through glacial periods, and inter-glacial periods. We are fortunate to be living in the inter-glacial period. The Earth will reenter the glacial period (Ice Age) regardless of what we do. Mankind has no effect on the ice age cycle.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't doubt the global cooling supporters. Where I live.. despite it being in Canada is, I'm experiencing a brutal cold winter. Last summer was cool. It even snowed on the last day of may. It was minus 40 degree C with the wind today. The normal High is minus 3 degree C. I'm thinking of moving some place much warmer because a guy gets sick of being shacked up in his house months on end. Too cold to even go for a walk without major discomfort.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join