It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France urges nationals to leave Libya -minister

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

France urges nationals to leave Libya -minister

af.reuters.com

France is closing French-run schools in Libya and urging its citizens there to return home, European Affairs Minister Laurent Wauquiez said on Monday, after anti-government protests spread to the capital Tripoli.

Wauquiez said around 30 French nationals had been brought out of the city of Benghazi, where there has been a fierce crackdown on protests for the past few days, and flown to Tripoli. "We are trying to organise things so that French schools close now and are encouraging French citizens and families in Tripoli and Libya in general to come back to France," Wauquiez said on Europe 1
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
France is trying to play it safe by requesting that their nationals evacuate after the chaos this weekend. Does France know something that we dont?

Who would blame them for wanting them to leave? things are going to hell over there right now.

So far about 223 protesters have been killed plus many more wounded.

af.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I can see Lybia going the same way as Afghanistan or Iraq, open civil war is predicted. Unlesss Gadaffe does a Sadamm Hussein and Massacarres the anti government protestors by using chemical war fare. Mind you I would notput it past him to do something as shocking as this.

And yet, I have yet to see other Governments come out and condemm what is going on in Lybia, as far as I have seen its only been the UK Foreign Minister whom has criticised Gadaffe's Government for the shocking and horrifying events which are taking place in that country right now. Where is the US's criticisms over this,Where is the EU's criticisms over this. Unless I have missed something.
edit on 21-2-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

join