It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the start of the second dotcom bubble?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
I could see facebook and myspace going belly up. They really don't produce anything. Facebook just got huge funding, but has yet to release its books.
But, here is the other side. The Govt may just shut them both down, or take control if the revolts move here. That would bring them down.

"western" governments are very unlikely to close down FB, it's a source too important to them. Wanna do some searches? Search for the link between Facebook and InQTel. Very interesting stuff.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

So they will just take it over, covertly.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

they already do, and don't even try to hide it. 2 years ago, over here in Belgium, a personal attack against the Minister of Justice was launched from a dutch website that published names and addresses of suspected paedophiles. The Minister was so pissed that he made a deal with the 2 main ISP-providers over here. They changed entries in the DNS-servers, showing a hijacked page whenever someone tried to access the dutch site. This was totally illegal. In Belgium we don't do pro-active censoring (well, that's what we are being told); if we feel certain content is illegal we can act as soon as it is published, and than it's up to the courts to come up with a verdict.
That's how our local governments can intervene whenever they like: they don't need a kill switch, all it takes is a little bit of intimidation, a short reminder of potential economical damage if "da big ones" don't play the game.
In those days I helped a lot of people filling out IP-numbers of DNS-servers that are not being abused. Censorship gone!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

to put it simply, facebook or twitter or any social internet portals are just a tool whether is for popular uprising or marketing is just a tool. what makes the inventor or creator of those idea rich is those who saw it as a TOOL to market..advertise.

Tunisia, Egypt is not the first..Estrada in the Philipines was the first to be overthrow by popular uprising using SMS

the dotcom bubble burst was because they started off by looking at "how can we make money out of these ? " rather than "hey! is a good idea, lets start it out and see what happen"

facebook, youtube..webblogging..what have you..it will probably not the cause of the burst..rather the commercialization of such tools that burst it..

just my 2 cents..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by affeyee
reply to post by MikeboydUS

(...)

the dotcom bubble burst was because they started off by looking at "how can we make money out of these ? " rather than "hey! is a good idea, lets start it out and see what happen"
(...)

In my fist hand experience with the first dotcom bubble I noticed other things at play. As Carlota Perez points out, the bubble is something that pops up every time a new and rather unexpected technology is being introduced. In short: only very few people will spot that emerging trend in time to invest in the "good" projects. When finally the rest wakes up, as they want a share of the pie, they'll invest in the less good projects, creating the bubble in an attack of wishful thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join