It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space weather could wreak havoc in gadget-driven world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Interesting isn't it that peoples minds and opinions on ATS are changing rapidly, yet some will continue to deny change is coming. I remember a time when people were so staunchly against anything to do with this nature i.e an outside threat, but now look what we have thread after thread of people feeling change. I am both intrigued and worried by all of this, I do not want life to change but I understand that I have no control over it and if one is going to survive then one must be prepared. GPS and MOBILE TELEPHONES I can live without, GAS, ELECTRIC, FOOD and WATER are another thing entirely.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... /sciencetech/article-1359136/Global-Katrina-Biggest-solar-storm-cause-power-cuts-MONTHS.htmlreply to post by Chadwickus

More reports today on this big solar hit from the mail.... here's some from the article:

The world is overdue a ferocious 'space storm' that could knock out communications satellites, ground aircraft and trigger blackouts - causing hundreds of billions of pounds of damage, scientists say.
Astronomers today warned that mankind is now more vulnerable to a major solar storm than at any time in history - and that the planet should prepare for a global Katrina-style disaster.

A massive eruption of the sun would save waves of radiation and charged particles to Earth, damaging the satellite systems used for synchronising

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by quest4info

Yes power outages can happen, all the long power lines are like big conductors.

Steel pipelines make good conductors too.

Your phone will be fine, possibly the satellite that your phone carrier uses could be damaged, as well as other satellites such as GPS satellites.

edit on 22/2/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
***PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO!

IF this is a repeat video then I apologize. It can be found here Space Weather-Implications

I can't cut and paste the abstract, but a speaker talks about the things NASA has been covering up and talking about how our planet is changing. She covers new cloud formations, dark matter, etc. in relation to our planet and it's position in the solar system.

The link may ask you to download Microsoft Silver Light, but I'm not sure. I already had it installed so it wasn't a problem for me.

I don't necessarily agree with the speaker's spiritual opinion.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I believe it's already begun to happen for many of us here in south Florida for our cell phones are having a difficult time finding/picking up a signal. I have AT&T but in talking to some of my friends, who have other providers, they TOO are having a frustrating time using their cell phones the past week.

I am assuming the solar weather is what's causing this malfunction because it's been relatively clear skies here and when I reported this to AT&T they said they were aware of the problem. They didn't give a reason but they are 'aware'....whatever that means!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join