It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why In The World Haven't The Politicians Thought Of This?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by choppedbrisket
I saw a show where Lamar Odom paid a guy to buy his candy for him, what a job!

see, another reason pro athletes go broke. i'm sure they make an app for that.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

And I would say that the running of a bank is a pretty stressful job let alone the running of a multinational corporation and bank yes I am sure they have perks and it is not as physical or glorious as baseball and you can't televise a CEO running a company so IT DOESN'T BRING PLEASURE TO YOUR LIFE!!!! but it's ridiculous to me that the salary of a BASEBALL PLAYER is comparable to a CEO of a multinational bank and or wall street company that is utterly ridiculous!!!!! Period end of story.
reply to post by DragonSpirit2

Running a bank as you suggest is a "pretty stressful job" but compare the individuals themselves. A bank CEO usually has connections, a decent MBA, a flexible moral compass, and perhaps a fair level of intelligence. Okay, none of these things except perhaps the connections is a particularly rare commodity. Now take your average NBA player. He is extraordinarily physically gifted, a driven competitor, someone that the world will pay to see perform. As a commodity, he is rare. In a market economy this is rewarded by wealth. And its not a one-way street either. I remember reading in the 90's, in his heyday, that Michael Jordan was responsible for more than 10 billion to the annual economy. That's not impressive/important enough to justify a multi-million dollar salary? You are the one who is kidding!

Besides, you only cite the world's highest paid athlete (in the highest paid sport) to make your case, while you easily justify (and cite) the wall street banksters' somewhat smaller bloated compensation, which tells me you aren't serious. Or that you only want to slant the issue a bit. A-Rod didn't hurt MY bottom line. These fatcats did. No comparison. If we are to ask "someone" to "give." Geez.

If we include football in the mix it's common knowledge that the published figures don't reflect the actual money athletes end up getting. They very often get much less.

What about your favorite actor? Why should they be any different? Or Bill Gates? You make money, you make money. It's indicative of our twisted priorities that people who lost BIG MONEY, and got bailed out BY us, got, and continue to GET rewarded. NO discussion of criminal penalties, and big fat bonuses.

I believe this thread is intended to "scapegoat" a group that I admire and enjoy and an attempt to use our assumed jealousy of this group to give cover to those responsible. Bait and switch. I don't care about how much money they make. It's theirs, they didn't steal it, or cheat people. They didn't crash the world economy.

<< 1   >>

join