It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat burglar terrorizes California community for years.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This not-so-cool cat has been sneaking into neighbors homes at night for years stealing anything that's not nailed down.

They even set up a security cam to catch him in the act:

I don't know how those people can live in that neighborhood with this constant menace lurking just next door.

Imagine if you woke up one day to find your favorite shoes missing.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hahaha that was great

an old Irish proverb I had in my av once was "Beware of people who dislike cats" - This is perhaps why!!

Cheers for that!!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I wonder if this is just some feel good story about some kooky cat or if, maybe the owners are training him for some big score someday?

Right now, he's only taking small worthless things to get the neighbors used to him coming around. What happens when jewelery, wallets and credit cards start disappearing in that neighborhood?

If I lived around that cat, I wouldn't leave any cash laying around.

I can hear the owners now; "We got some socks and stuffed animals but, no sign of the big wad of fifties you say disappeared last night."

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Man....

I love that cat...lol..

how funny is that..Klepto...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
And I thought my cat was bad. My cat steals oven mits. I can't leave mine laying around, and she steals the neighbors too if they happen to leave one out side by their grill. Why oven mits? I have no clue. I am glad its just oven mits and not peoples underwear like like this cat.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I saw this on the news last week and laughed. I find it hilarious! This cat is awesome! The video of the cat bringing it's findings to his home is just too cute. My cat use to bring me things as gifts so maybe this cat is doing the same

It's also a very pretty cat!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
And I thought my cat was bad. My cat steals oven mits. I can't leave mine laying around, and she steals the neighbors too if they happen to leave one out side by their grill. Why oven mits? I have no clue. I am glad its just oven mits and not peoples underwear like like this cat.

I wonder if this is some type of California thing. The only thing my cat brings home is dead mice.

That shure would suck if the cat started bringing home stranger's underwear, especially if he got to them before they had been washed. YUCK!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is one cool cat!!
I can't stop laughing!!!
Let's see if he bring's home an SUV.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Im shamelessly bumping this thread because we dont have a lot of cheery stuff on the recent post list right now.

Have some happy, ATS. And DO watch the second video.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Klepto Kitty's owners got so overwhelmed with suff the cat stole, they set up a table outside their home to return all the pilfered items to their neighbors.

Klepto kitty returns stolen goods

By now, you've probably heard of Klepto Kitty, a California cat named Dusty who steals neighbors' possessions. Over the past three years this feline felon has taken hundreds of items from residents of his San Mateo neighborhood.

The items include shoes, bath towels, bathing suits, underwear, toys, sponges and more. Basically, if he can fit it in his mouth and carry an item, he's likely to take it.

Neighbors have been understanding about the criminal kitty, and have even embraced him as a local celebrity, but that doesn't mean Dusty's owners want to keep all the bounty that their cat brings home.

Recently the family set up a table with all of the stolen items and invited neighbors over to take back their belongings.

In the video you'll see the extent of this cat's bad behavior. And even though stealing is wrong, we have to admit that this cat is hysterical.

Phillyburbs.com

edit on 3/11/11 by FortAnthem because: Ack, spellin. :bnghd:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Lol. Love the update.

Its been a rough day for humans and animals on planet Earth. The chance to smile is much appreciated.

top topics

join