It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents who smoke should be found unfit to be parents...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
**** ATTENTION ***

GET ON TOPIC

and the TOPIC is not DRUG USE or INSULTING EACH OTHER

You may be post banned.

If you spoke to me, I took the chance. I took punishment for humour and fun.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I am a child of a parent and stepparent who smoke. I did start smoking when I was 14, off and on. I was never really addicted to smoking it was more of an in crowd thing. I would smoke for a week and quit, and so on. I finally stopped smoking all together when I was 26 due to vomiting, smoking literally made me sick to my stomach and I would vomit after each cigarette, so i stopped all together as I had hate getting sick. Haven't craved it since. My Mother on the other hand still smokes and will probably smoke until she passes on. I am not for getting her to quit as she is the most stubborn woman in the world, and it's really none of my business.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Children are taken away from homes with heavy drug and alcohol use. Why not heavy cigarette use?

It's the denial of smokers that allows the cycle to continue.

Employers are not responsible for accommodating cigarette smokers. They don't allow people to drink or use drugs at work. Why should people be allowed to smoke as well?

Again, you can't ban something without organized crime filling that niche. Still, cigarettes are harmful to smokers, their friends, their family and casual strangers.

I look at heavy smokers as weak-willed pussies that will never quit, even when they are on their deathbed.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I'm on the fence on this one,....yeah smoking is bad mmmkay.....
But so is walking across the mall or Wall Marts parking lot, you inhale enuf CO just walking past running cars in a parking lot to be able to sit in a smokers lounge for hours to get the same result..IMO.

Yeah in general...smokers need better manners....not policed, just general manners.

Nothing gets me more boiled than to be behind a lady or gent in a market with a double quarter cheese super sized meal diet coke 42oz...and yes she took the two pies for $1 more all this with pounds and pounds of frozen marie calender dinners.......but since I was in line behind her, I had to wait while she hobbled to the door, turned sideways to get out it, push three ill mannered kids outside, just to stop and look "make a point/scene" at me lighting a smoke....outside....

Sorry end of rant....

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Your logic confuses me.
Kids are taken away from people on drugs and alcohol....only if they give reason for it. There is no real reason to remove children from a home where someone smokes...should you remove kids from homes that burn incents??? God knows what that does to kids lungs...them things stink and are made in china, full of chemicals

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

That's not the point. We're talking about cigarettes here, not cO2.

Smokers always make it about their "rights" because screw everyone else.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Why should that kid have to suffer from the stench and DNA-destroying properties of cigarette smoke?

I grew up in a household with a smoker, developed asthma from it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Mixed reactions about this.

Smoking around children, yeh not good.
So what about smokers that do not smoke inside the house / car and go outside to have a cigarette.
That makes it ok ?

Some of my friends like the smell of cigarettes but not the stale stench of a house where people have smoked for x amount of years.
I have been in some houses and everything (and I mean everything) stinks to high heaven.

I feel that smokers do get a hard time as being labelled as smoking around children or in cars even as far as deliberately blowing smoke into peoples faces etc.

All I will say is, if you want to smoke then spare a thought for others.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Parents who smoke should be found unfit to be parents

Parents that police other parents should be found unfit to be parents...

Just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

We aren't all uppity and self righteous! I'm actually surprised at how many commenters are in agreement that children should be taken away from parents that smoke. Smoker's rights have been so narrowed throughout the years it is almost a non issue for people that don't smoke. Very rarely is there an area that people are actually allowed to smoke.

I am amazed that someone would actually invite the government in to take children away from parents who may actually care for their children, as opposed to the one's who may truly neglect them. With child abuse, rape, malnutrition, poverty, and a myriad of other things out there to ruin a child, I fail to see how taking children away from parents that smoke is going to do them any bit of good.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I grew up in a household with 2 smokers and didn’t develop asthma, interestingly none of my 4 brothers & sisters developed it either. Like you I think its important to let people know this, perhaps you are genetically disposed to getting asthma whereas me and my siblings were not.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Smoking's bad mkay.

But I wouldn't police other parents. Smoking and drinking while pregnant should be illegal. If policed, the child at least stands a chance, otherwise it will be handicapped from very birth - unborn children deserve other people's help. There are people who had extremely abusive parents but at least they were born healthy and turned out as good men later on, a rare occurrence though.

I've seen parents who threat there kids like crap, I think about how they should be castrated and sent to some slave concentration camp along with there kids who had pre-determined destiny to be mentally disturbed psychopaths. But that's not the root issue, its just tip of the iceberg which will sink our titanic "civilisation".
edit on 21/2/2011 by SassyCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Ok I agree!! The op admitted he smoked when he/she was raising it's daughter jail him/her first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hello, thank you for your post.
I am fighting nicotine right now, myself, and I agree that the cigarette industries need to be closed down. Cigarettes and alcohol are "legal", and cause much damage, while certain other NATURAL plants are illegal, and not nearly as harmful, if harmful at all. Alcohol causes arguments, unstable homes, death by drunk driving, and more, cigarettes are extremely cancerous and laced with sooooooo many chemicals, we have to know that the powers that be had a play in their creation.
Even natural tobacco is better than corporate cigarettes....
That being said, however, One can not say that smoking parents are unfit, it depends on where they take their habits. I know parents who did not smoke during pregnancy, do not smoke in their homes or anywhere near their children and, in fact, their children don't even know they smoke. If we try to control people further in the manner mentioned in this article, we are no better than the control matrix of the new world order agenda....this is why I say shut down the corporate cigarette machines.
Nothing personal and no offense intended, but creating a law such as the one you suggest provides an example of how laws are the wool pulled over the eyes of the masses. Laws are tools of slavery, to keep people in check. Every even is circumstantial, laws do not allow for circumstance. For example, if your suggestion were implemented, then the parents in my scenario would be unjustly deemed bad parents.
Peace and one love

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
People who are found unfit to be parents should smoke.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I don't know guys, here is the opinion from a youngin.

I smoke. I'm from a non smoking family. Most of my friends, if not all, from smoking familes, do not smoke because they had to deal with their family smoking. While most my friends who smoke, came from nonsmoking families. Maybe i'm from a weird location, or maybe times r changin

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Here we go again - lynch all the smokers

I am an adult and I don't need the non-smoker nannies telling me how unhealthy it is. I ALREADY KNOW IT IS UNHEALTHY!!!!

I do not smoke in public places, I smoke only in my own home and in my own back yard, where it is nobody's business but my own what I do.

As long as smoking isn't illegal then I will continue to enjoy a cigarette whenever I want one. And the non-smoker nannies can kiss my asterisk.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join