It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents who smoke should be found unfit to be parents...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
reply to post by badw0lf

Your precious

Aww gee thanks

Aint I just ?

Ta for noticing..
)

*hugs*

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Come on Folks where has logic and common sense gone?

It's probably equally if not more damaging to a young child to be sat in a pram in a busy city street at exhaust level.

But that is OK is it??

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
In the UK smoking has decreased by over 80% since i was a kid in the 1970’s yet year on year cancer rates, allergies, heart disease, asthma to name but a few have increased , also during this time so has air borne pollution, chemicals in food and in the production of food, chemicals in water etc have all vastly increased.
It would be naive to pick on smoking to think you’re going to make a difference you might as well go pick on the fatties (overweight people) as is becoming politically acceptable to do so these days. Pissing in the wind my friends its pissing in the wind.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I got 29 last 4th February, and i quit smoking on my 26thbirthday.

My addictions in life,where...

Cigarettes
]snip]
Alcohol
[snip]

One day i realized that i went to far down the rabbit hole, in order to have fun and a peaceful feeling during the day. My choices were related to my addiction.

From one day to another i quit All of them, knowing my body and mind are going to play mind tricks. So for a month I had energy of 20person's, amnesia, and allot of dreams.(ATS knows, my family still doesn't:lol

I started cigarettes smoking again, cause I thought hey you can by them in the store, so no so bad. Soon I noticed that over all the things , quit smoking was the most difficult one, not that its effecting my in a way to get shiffers ore getting sick over it(like you get when you decide to detox from HD) No the unrest in the mind. Waking up in the morning, after breakfast, after dinner, before bedtime. When you are bored(ahhahah cigarette)

Then I thought hey, I have i difficulty to break the relation between smoking and the times I choose to smoke(after dinner,,,after) (W8 1min when you have crave, then the need fades away)

Then science took me over like this fletscher's curve.
Fletschers curve. (long function over time)
You can see if you stop smoking around your 26th birthday, your longs regenerate 100% back to normal.
So before midnight 3thfebruary i smoked my last Malboro, i gave myself the best birthday gift ever.
From that day, i can look at cigarettes, have them on me, have a smoking cigarette on every finger of me.
All my friends smoke etc. Ever since I recognized that after 26th life year, you limiting yourself if you keep smoking.
So i erased that addiction, with an scientific background.

But my parents, and my family back in the day... I remember being sick of smoke when I was little, I hated smoking in the car. Or on party's almost everybody smoked and drank beer. So I almost mirrored that behaviour in to eternity.

Now i am 29 the only thing a occasionally do is smoke some weed. (natural grown,which i buy in the shop around my corner)

My son was around 6or 7, he said once like Bah dad that stinks. I felt guilty, I must tell you. I never smoked again in a place where he couldn't run from the smoke.
I think eduction of the parents is key, cause most of them just smoke without knowing the real effect it has on second-hand smokers around them. Personally i dont blame my parents, what they did to their surroundings by smoking. At that time they were throwing you death with commercials about cigarettes.

Today's parents, i cant believe they lack the knowledge that they inflict serious damage to second-hand smokers around them. That in a way makes them unfit to be parents. Not only because of the smoking alone, but what more selfish choices do they make for others
edit on 21-2-2011 by elevatedone because: 2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of any illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia,

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABritMum
Come on Folks where has logic and common sense gone?

It's probably equally if not more damaging to a young child to be sat in a pram in a busy city street at exhaust level.

But that is OK is it??

Its not okey, its our collective choice to accept this. You are guilty for allowing this to happen, so is your neighbour, so is I and everybody.

So yeah that is OK is it??

ABritMum( I fuelled your comment, so it was an add on on your comment)
edit on 21-2-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
There is no reason to make all smokers unfit to parenting, if they dont smoke in closed spaces with their children such as in a car or inside a closed room, or during pregnancy. If they repeatedly do so, then it should be considered grounds for finding such parents as unfit to raise children, or at least getting a fine in case of smoking in a car with children present.

edit on 21/2/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

So, I think just maybe the title should read "Parents who smoke should be found unfit to be parents...if they smoke inside their homes" This would make your points of exposure to secondhand smoke, risk of cancer, etc. more valid. Instead you said "Parents who smoke should be found unfit to be parents...". So, parents who smokein general should be found unfit parents? What about parents, like myself, who smokeoutside? Are parents like this unfit, as well?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

guess what? I just bought a pack of cigarettes and you know what written?

WARNING: THE SURGEON GENERAL IS DEAD!!!

...most probably because of pollution, junk foods and no exercise....peace bro!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnuraOne

Then can the same not apply to parents/mothers, who go out at the weekend for a drink?

So parents who drink occasonally and whom do not smoke,are better parents?

I do not think so.

The rule should be set for everyone not just mother whom smoke while pregnant. Another way of those in power to control peoples lives. Has everyone forgot about freedo of choice? Not having choices forced on you

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
So parents who drink occasonally and whom do not smoke,are better parents?

Umm, I have no idea, nor a side to choose on this because I asked the author of the thread if parents who smokein general are unfit parents. No one said anything about comparing smoking and drinking

The rule should be set for everyone not just mother whom smoke while pregnant. Another way of those in power to control peoples lives. Has everyone forgot about freedo of choice? Not having choices forced on you

Maybe you have confused me for someone else's opinion. I have never taken that stance because I don't care what others do in regards to this. I won't side with a mother who smokes while pregnant or not because I am NOT a woman. So, I have no idea. Bait someone else

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

WTF! Why do people insist on butting in others' lives. I smoke. I'm not proud of it, and I believe when I am ready I will quit. My son, who hates me smoking, is now 14 yoa, and does not want to smoke and is strongly opposed to drug use. I don't think that my smoking is going to lead him to smoking or to using other drugs. My parents were smokers, they both departed within six months of each other of lung cancer. The doctor told them both, if they quit they would get better. They chose not to quit, knowing that they were not going to get better and that they were going to die. I am so sorry that they chose not to quit, but it was their choice. That is what this is about, the right to choose. If we allow TPTB to take away our right to choose, then we will have truly lost.

I think I'll just keep on smoking just to piss-off everyone who doesn't like MY CHOICE to smoke.

Maybe we should try some to make some real changes, for example, did you know if you leave your toilet seat up when you flush, fecal bacteria flows all over your bathroom and sticks to the walls, and everything else and, it lives for two hours. Now, go into a school bathroom. Not one toilet has a lid to close. Your child, if they are using the school bathroom is breathing in all the fecal bacteria from the children before them. It is no wonder kids bring home viruses, and other sickening germs to you. I think forcing all schools to put lids on their toilets is a more worthy cause. Don't you?

For more info, see this www.squidoo.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I just find it ironic that the one recreational drug, legal or otherwise, that does not impede mental faculties in any way happens to be the most voraciously attacked one. In my opinion, this has far less to do with concern for health than it does with pure politics.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I just don't understand why people can't mind their own business.

What I do in the privacy of my own home, so long as I am not infringing anyone elses rights, is my business and mine alone.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
**** ATTENTION ***

GET ON TOPIC

and the TOPIC is not DRUG USE or INSULTING EACH OTHER

You may be post banned.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Parents who smoke should be found unfit to be parents...,

Pretty ballsy and aggressive way to title and open a thread wouldnt you say?
It sort of invites and almost demands a conflict doesnt it?

I raised 4 daughters, never smoked in the house, all are healthy, 3 are parents themselves, none of them smoke,
they all have pretty good morals and ethics, all 4 are formally educated and autonomous,
I think I did a fair to good job, yet I should be found 'unfit'.

I'm simply going to assume that youre feeling alittle "god like" currently and needed to prop yourself up,
you do realize your blind and generalized statement is at it's root, created using the same formula for all other prejudice dont you?

You cant just say or write things like this and expect to be taken serious.
I'm not defending smoking at all,
I'm actually disappointed to read something so stupid from what I would have believed to be an experienced poster.

Passion on a position is all well and good, but, check your own underwear first before you start pointing fingers.

Sad sad sad.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join