It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents who smoke should be found unfit to be parents...

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

That would require clouding the issue with facts.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I was watching a documentary today about the life of Christopher Reeve(Superman). I didn't know his wife died a year after he did of advanced lung cancer. She had never smoked nor anyone in her family. There should be more research on lung cancer like there is in other areas of cancer research, but unfortunately, the anti-smoking cartel has made lung cancer all about smoking.

Christopher Reeve and his wife, Dana, also fought for stem-cell research. I hope it wasn't all in vain.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What is wrong with you?

Everyone alive in my generation had mothers that smoked and drank while they were pregnant.

And here we are on ATS.

Doesn't that prove that we have developed normally and are in complete control of our mental processes?

Obviously another conspiracy.

Drink and smoke, if you die and quit, you will be really pissed.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiefHuntingBear

Nice run on sentences.

You must be a lawyer.

And by the way, great story.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiefHuntingBear

People lived for several centuries?FBI agents are paid to live next to you?
Chief why do you feel it necessary to mention your indigenous Terrapin tribes people in almost every post?

I have googled Terrapin tribes people,but the only results that are not talking Terrapin turtle shells ,are post by you on this site,mmmmmmmm interesting
I was interested in reading the history of your people,do they happen to go by another name?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiefHuntingBear
reply to post by doobydoll

Come on, Dooby Doll, you're only six months older than me and by the time we were born in 1958 there was significant evidence that smoking cigarettes caused cancer.

My mother was prescribed cigarettes in 1961 by our local GP because she was pregnant and uptight.

He said she needed to smoke to relax for the sake of the baby.

She tried, but couldn't bring herself to inhale because she hated them and they made her cough.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I'm glad your mother listened to her body. I'm struggling along with an air cleaner to deal with the cigarette smoke coming from the FBi agents next door but every time I turn the hvac on it infiltrates my condominium again.

edit on 26-2-2011 by ChiefHuntingBear because: typographical error

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

You say it's only added chemicals in cigarettes that are dangerous not tobacco itself and so you smoke baccy because it doesn't make you cough as much and the only effect it has on your wife is that it causes her to have the symptoms of asthma. When's the last time the two of you had chest x-rays?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Travlla

You say it's only added chemicals in cigarettes that are dangerous not tobacco itself and so you smoke baccy because it doesn't make you cough as much and the only effect it has on your wife is that it causes her to have the symptoms of asthma. When's the last time the two of you had chest x-rays?

No the baccy i smoke is still bad for me,there's no denying that,the lesser of two evils if you will ,my last chest xray and lung function test was 5 years ago after being exposed to Asbestos ,my wife never,Humid weather also set's of her asthma,she's currently giving up and is down to 3 cigs a day,

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Yea car engines you can't avoid really your a cop out, a corward call you on your own game

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

I know you and your wife can beat this, Trvlla.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CIGGSofWAR

From your posts on the AboveNetwork I can't tell if you've just been smoking ciggs or also sucking on the exhaust pipes of gasoline-powered automobiles. Huffing has damaged your brain by starving it of oxygen. Give up the drugs.

edit on 26-2-2011 by ChiefHuntingBear because: typographical error

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Ozscot

You are living in Oz if you think smoking the dangerous tobacco drug during your ten pregnancies didn't harm your children.

LOL you really are presumptuous aren't you? I said I smoked and have ten children, nowhere did I mention ten pregnancies. Last time I looked I had a totem pole and not a teepee.

Oz
edit on 28-2-2011 by Ozscot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

Alright, if I am to understand totem pole and tepee as references to genitalia, you're saying that your ten children could not have been harmed by cigarettes while they were fetuses because they weren't breathing? How is it that the deadly poisons from your smoke didn't get into your children's bloodstream through your wife's umbilical cords? What does it matter if she was the one who smoked or you if she was breathing what you exhaled?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Ozscot

Alright, if I am to understand totem pole and tepee as references to genitalia, you're saying that your ten children could not have been harmed by cigarettes while they were fetuses because they weren't breathing? How is it that the deadly poisons from your smoke didn't get into your children's bloodstream through your wife's umbilical cords? What does it matter if she was the one who smoked or you if she was breathing what you exhaled?

You appear to be quite preoccupied with your opinion to the extent that you take no cognizance of what people are actually saying to you - I repeat - never in 35 years of smoking have I smoked in the vicinity of anyone, nor in my home, anyone includes my wife (a non smoker). There's an area at the back of my garden reserved just for me to go smoke...always has been.

Oz

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by manuellabors
What is wrong with you?
Everyone alive in my generation had mothers that smoked and drank while they were pregnant.
And here we are on ATS.
Doesn't that prove that we have developed normally and are in complete control of our mental processes?
Obviously another conspiracy.
Drink and smoke, if you die and quit, you will be really pissed.

Speak for yourself.

My 6 brothers and I were brought up in a smoke-free household with a mother who might have had a glass of wine with a meal every month or two.
In the Aussie farming towns we lived in that was typical for the mothers.

However, as Kanenas pointed out earlier, parents can do far worse things to their children than drink and smoke, and my mother certainly did.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Bogus, communistic and idiotic at best! Who are you to tell ME how to live, smoker or non smoker. Just because you smoked in the past and now feel diffrently, regardless, you would have had your children taken away and you would have never known your parents. If you feel like people should have their kids ripped from them because they smoke, I think your kids should be ripped from you because you USED to smoke. Cmon now, fair is fair. Once you break the law, you're always guilty till you do the time for the crime.

Bah!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Here's a thought... how about you should quit smoking if you have kids... Did you ever think of that, or is your extremely unhealthy habit MORE important than your kids???

As with 99% of the posts in this thread, LOGIC FAIL! Thanks for playing, now move along...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by theRhenn

Here's a thought... how about you should quit smoking if you have kids... Did you ever think of that, or is your extremely unhealthy habit MORE important than your kids???

As with 99% of the posts in this thread, LOGIC FAIL! Thanks for playing, now move along...

Haha!

First off, I never said that I was a smoker. Secondly, Do you drink? There are tests that show that drinking has the same effects on people as Heroin. So, that would mean that drinking falls in the same field, right? Or would you be one to say "apples and oranges" here? I've seen people live many a year smoking, and Ive seen people who have never touched a cig die an early age of cancer. Did you also know that there are widely conflicting information about 2nd and 3rd hand smoke? There are people on both sides of the fence about smoking. One side even goes as far as to say and show in their own studies that smoking doesnt have the effect that we are led to believe.

Now, If I do something unhealthy, like drinking, or smoking (funny how it is said that smoking helps deter eltimers, and drinking helps your heart, yet it is also said that both can kill you, directly and indirectly), I dont think I would sit down and tell my kids to pop one open or light one up with me. So, sir, your logic isnt logic at all. I take it your of a younger generation... It's ok. Not everyone actually digs into the subject that they comment on, leaving that as only an opinion. So, your logic, mate, is only an opinion at this point since there are conflicting information on both sides of this subject.

I will say this. I have been a smoker for many a year and the whole while, I exercise, work out and lift things that many people can not do, even as NONsmokers. There is a balance. Too much of anything can kill you. I found that the years that I did smoke, the only thing that really affected me was a slight shortness of breath, and yet, taking phisicles every year, I'm still able to blow in a tube and hold that output of air for 6 seconds, better than most, ive been told... So, who is wrong here? Surely after smoking for better than half of my life, a pack + a day mind you, I should have some serious lung issues at this point. Sure, my endurance went down some, but hey, the same thing happens to couch potatoes. When I got more physicle again, my endurance went back up.

Look bud, most of my whole family smoked most if not the vast majority of their lives. That's 7+ aunts and uncles on either side of the family. All of them are still alive and OLD. Sure, some have health problems, but they arnt smoking related. Most of it's due to bad backs from working their butts off all their lives.

Sorry mate, you really need to get a clue and stop drinking the coolaid.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'll put a lit pack of butts down and smoke them all in a bar. Then I'll have a guy aside of me slosh down 12 beers.
Both of us will go drive home. Who is putting more people at risk?

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join