It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents who smoke should be found unfit to be parents...

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

It just kills me how all smokers are automatically labled as some kind of tumor of society. Its like all non smokers have this crazy mind set that says if someone smokes, they are horrible at everything.

And thanks for the sig compliment

I put that there as a way to say I may not buy in to all the unorthodox ideas here but Im open minded enough to at least hear them out and seek some validity if I am swayed.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

I freakin agree! This thread sounds like the vent and rant page of an angry teenager who is upset with his/her parents and is therefor taking it out on ALL parents who smoke. I bet they don't know that smoking "greens" can actually save lives. THis page is the result of someone who is completely ignorant and VERY Selfish.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I believe their is a difference when, a parent smokes outside, or inside the family home.
I smoke outside, wait a while,wash my hands, change my shirt. Im good.
Smoking inside a home is just plain wrong. Doesn't kill you to go outside for a little while.
Set up a chair, a table and ashtray.
When my daughter is older I'll explain to her why I smoke and why she shouldn't.
I plan on staying honest with her.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
To share with you all regarding 2nd hand smoke around others! (Author unknown)

"Thank you for Not Smoking. Cigarette smoke is the residue of your pleasure. It contaminates the air, pollutes my hair and clothes, not to mention my lungs. This takes place without my consent.

I have a pleasure, also. I like a beer now and then. The residue of my pleasure is urine. Would you be annoyed if I stood on a chair and pissed on your head and your clothes without your consent?"

**Sign posted in window Ken's Magic Shop

There's a big difference.
Being pissed on is not detrimental to your health.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm embarrassed that I've spent three combat tours defending people that harbor such opinions. I'm an unrepentant smoker and have been for 30 years. No, I don't smoke inside my house or in the car. Your idea that children should be taken from their parents is similar to another failed idea; it was once presumed to be better for native american children to be taken from their parents and raised in a mainstream society.

Somebody grab a flyswatter; the Good Idea Fairies are swarming.........

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

None of this bothers me personally. Apparently much, much less than you. I simply commented and quoted a couple interesting ones ... not presented my opinion, for really...it doesnt matter to me. Fight among yourselves. Smokers and supporters are SO much on the defensive...and therein lies the truth.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Since Ghandi suggested drinking a glass of our own each day...apparently not. I just shared the sign that all...I didnt create it

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I too am from a smoking family but i have never smoked so i do not see the arguement with children from smoking families end up smoking. It was because my mother and everyone else around me was smoking is the reason why I did not smoke.
That the least of the problems for children today smoking when gay men and women are having children to bring up , i mean thats what i call twisted, the smoking is the least of their worries when they see both parents of the same sex in bed so will that make the children of these families gay ????????????????? quite the opposite i think.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well, I'm almost 23 and I've never smoked and never found any desire to do so and my family all smoke, as have many of my friends.

The only issue I have with smokers is that they're often ignorant to others around them. I could be walking down the street behind a smoker and their smoke will be blown back into my face repeatedly. I could be trying to get outside of a building and due to the workplace/public indoor smoking ban in the UK there are often 5+ people in the doorway smoking rather than off to the side or elsewhere.

It also appears that most people assume that everybody else smokes.

Other than this lack of respect and ignorance for non-smokers who don't even like the smell I don't mind them; their health at the end of the day.

Also this is my first post

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Sounds like your just blaming your parents for your problems. My parents smoke, I don't. I absoutly hate it, it's poison and addictive to some.

Sounds like you have no real self control, and you blame your parents for smoking? No that was your choice, that theirs, you choose to smoke, just because they smoked around you, doesn't mean you smoke because of them, if that logic were true i would be smoking, all my friends and family soke ciggs except me.

You are just a monkey, uncapable of making your own choices, or at least taking responsibility for them.

Seriously grow up, sure my mom smokes but she's a great and loving person that only want to help.

It sounds more of you having issues with your parents, then actully blaming them for your habit. So what your starting a thread to talk about your parents? And you smoke, and have a kid? (Snip), so blame your daughters problems on yourself, or at me guess it's someone elses problem right? Never yours? Your the "good" guy right?

Make threads for real issues, not your mommy daddy issues, get out of here

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 22-2-2011 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
As a parent and an occassional cigarette smoker, I have to disagree. I smoke natural tobacco, not the big name brands. People have smoked tobacco for thousands of years. It seems that with the introduction of carcinogens cancer became prevalent. It's all in the choices we make about the things we do.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I blow smoke in peoples faces
I have more than once put a Smoke out in a person's eye, more often than not before they even speak , Instilled in them from others is a semblance of hateful nonsense that empowers people to act as police of other peoples lives, regurgitating hateful prejudice nonsense.

Have you ever seen a child beaten by police because he was riding a skateboard? Kid was 12 years old died from internal bleeding.

As Lieutenant Commander Data has stated "Prejudice is the last great failing of Mankind"

Further:
No I am not addicted Infact I have about 1 Smoke every month or so if even that.
And to counter the OPs post. I will never want to have children not because of Alchohol Smoking drugs or any of your faulty logic you have employed.

Simply because I don't want more people like you in this world thinking they have a right to run peoples lives.

Looking at it another way yeah I might need that "FIX" as you call it.. but I could get the same fix from bashing people.. so I remain peaceful..

THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH BARBARIC ATTITUDES AND AGENDAS THAT ARE BORN IN THIS TIME BUT MEANT FOR THE PAST.

Open your eyes kids stop touching yourselves and wake up and smell the napalm scorched flesh of children.
People are killing children for being a different skin color and your telling me I'm a bad person because I represent something you revile, IT IS THE SAME PRINCIPAL.

(EDIT : FOR THE MEEK AMONG YOU I HAVE NOT HARMED EARTHLINGS )
edit on 22-2-2011 by Gestas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
All people who drive cars and use house hold cleaners to clean theier hosues should be labled as unfit human beings...Really? now do i feel smoking in your house is a bad choice for children ? very much yes..Do i feel being a parent that smokes in not in the best interest of the child in terms of putting yourslef at risk of leaving your children behind due to illnes..yes ..but lableing someone as a bad parent becasue of smoking? that ridiculous...if you want to take the clean air fight on youve got bigger fish to fry along with tobbacco such as crs. cleaners.paints etc..maybe even get mad at cows for pooping methane gas...i work with children in a mentak health facility i can give you real reasons people are unfit parents if you want...pfff

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

seems a bit of a cop out there...you post a quote about how horrible smoking is then say it is no matter for you...interesting tact.
now to say i support smoking...hmmm...i do not support people intervention on how others may choose to live their lives....telling people what is good or not good for them is ok...but to make them out to be lesser persons because what they choose does not necessarliy fit into the realm of the self righteous is stepping over the mark.
the quote did not magically appear out of the ether....it was placed there by you to state an opinion....simple as.

So why paste a quote of reference if it is not to show your opinion.....curious thing to me.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by nottheonlyone

This is the classic argument used to defend cigarette use.

A few others come to mind:

1. "The air is far worse for people!"
2. "Cars pollute, so why don't we ban those too?"
3. "But alcoholics and drug addicts are far worse!"

I'm sure there are more but these 3 are the most commonly-used counters in an argument about smoking.

um..... the air is bad for you?? Quick everyone get you gas masks out the air is unsafe!! how ridiculous.
The air in some places is bad for you health - the same or worse than sitting in a cigarette smoke filled room. Well I guess we better deem Los Angeles unfit for children.

We actually thought of some real holes to the OP's theory, you can read for yourself on page 26 I think...

Alcoholism and drug addiction are mind altering afflictions cigarettes are not. Though nicotine is addictive I would not compare it to hard drugs or alcohol.

Cars don't pollute the air - carbon emissions do - we should try harder to produce a future of clean transportation.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillMaherFan816
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I agree, well said, what a D-bag this person is

This is unfair, the OP is not a D-bag as you call him/her, just someone who maybe didn't think through their position. It is very common that people abandon their ideas of freedom for all when something annoys them. For some people it's smokers, other people it's drug addicts and others hate gay people.

Hatred destroys clarity.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This thread still going?
What a oonflict, with freedom of rights.
Isn't it always....Dont do as I do, DO AS I SAY...........

Didn't all humanity, including children, gather round fires to cook in confined spaces enclosed spaces for millenium and survive? Dont you dare do as I do DO AS I SAY

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join