It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martha's Advertising Campaign.... AT COURT!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You know, I found it really amazing that her speech after the sentencing included such phrases as: "Hopefully you can show you support by subscribing to my magazine and buying my products", "marthatalks.com" and "My magazine is really great". This all took place right outside of the courtroom!

Then she finishes off her speech by telling everyone that she doesn't want this statement to be an advertising campaign. WTF!!! What does she think she just did?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I just posted (in the news alert thread about it) my surprise at that speech too... I couldn't believe she was hawking her magazine... and acting (still) like some terrible thing had been done to *her*!

She did a dumb thing... then lied about it... then tried to cover it up... and now she's in a big ole pickle because of it.

But man... what a price to pay, right?

Show your support! Buy some "Pardon Martha!" thongs!
cafeshops.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ohhhhh......

I've always wanted a Martha Thong!

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Too bad I missed that speech. I suppose her plugging her products is out of desperation. I can't imagine her surviving prison...

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Wow she is stupid! How could you just say that in court? Come on!?! And dont take it as an advertising campaing? What did she think would happen? (She did it perpuosly though).

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
As the first person stated it was after court on the steps. Even though she said "It's not suppose to sound like I am advertising..." 5 minutes later she was saying to the public to keep on buying her products and keep on buying her magazine to help "support" her.

Nah that ain't advertising at all(Saracstic). I thought it was rather humorous and it more or sounding like begging to me.

The litigator though for the Appeals Trial though looked like he had his tongue tied there a couple of times after the Martha Speech.

[edit on 7/16/2004 by DJSpellBound]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
MacKiller, this is for you. Don't be so smug in your condemnation of Christians. I agree much of organized religion is corrupt and hypocritical. yet condeming followers who are devoted and sincere is unfair. I felt the same as you once. I can tell you the exact moment my eyes were opened. I was watching "Dead Man Walking." The self sacrafice of the nun in the story shamed me. How many more like her were out there? Yes, people can be spiritually evolved in spite of or because of their religion.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster
MacKiller, this is for you. Don't be so smug in your condemnation of Christians. I agree much of organized religion is corrupt and hypocritical. yet condeming followers who are devoted and sincere is unfair. I felt the same as you once. I can tell you the exact moment my eyes were opened. I was watching "Dead Man Walking." The self sacrafice of the nun in the story shamed me. How many more like her were out there? Yes, people can be spiritually evolved in spite of or because of their religion.

Ummm.... what does this have to do with ANYTHING?!?!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
FREE MARTHA!

*adjusts his free martha thong*

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think the Martha thing is ridiculous, while I have never been a fan, never watched a show of hers....I think it's silly. As far as her speech. This a woman in her 60's that has worked hard to build that business. I'd probably do the same thing in her situation. I wouldn't want my "baby" to fall.....too many other things to think about that are important other than Martha maybe getting inside information about her own damn stock

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I found it funny that when she got sentenced... how stocks shares went up...

Shows how much everyone just LOVES her.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
everyone just LOVES her.

So true

new topics

top topics

join