It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the US started a revolution what would you be revolting against and would you take off work for a

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte
I would take off work for the entire time of a revolt. I would personally be revolting against the government as a whole. From their out of control spending to their inability to get along. I would also be revolting against all the government power hungry wars. I would be revolting against my constitution slowly being taking away, ( thinking about the recent decision that the constitution is void in the court of law) And I would especially be revolting against the banks and wall street their greedy agendas of taking all of the common americans monies. I would definately be revolting against Chinas wiggling themselves into our lives and the government is allowing it or should I say setting it up for them to take america. There are a million reasons I would revolt but what I listed are the top of my list.

it seems as though complacency has turned
into an Elvis concert.

And Elvis just left the building.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamTGonzalez
I'm sure everyone on this thread is now on the government's hit list. Lol.

lol
I've been on the ADL watch list for over a yr.
so what's new ???

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i couldn't help but reply.
America by its make up is not designed to have a revolt. the things that tear this country apart (political view, race, religion, hype/scare tactics) are those things that keep up together. Let me explain further... american in its make up is quite diverse anyway you look at it. in order to stage any kind of revolt over anything other than a cripling diaster (think yellow stone errupting) you would have to get large groups of people thinking the same way. In the US you can't do that, for every person who likes pepsi there are 2 other people who like coke and one wierdo drinking rc cola or orange crush. These cola drinkers will never agree no matter how much logic is involved. if a new cola (idea/something to revolt about) came out that was amazing in every way you might get one coke and the pepsi drinker to switch but the other coke drinker will blindly stand by his cola and again we have the weirdo in the corner drinking rc cola just to be different.

now in lybia and egypt you have a different situation where you have large groups of people making up the majority of the population who share common beliefs in religion, politics etc..., in other words you have 3 people drinking pepsi and probably the rc cola guy there also. if you have 3 pepsi drinkers that is enough to revolt because you outnumber the other cola drinks by a wide margin.

americans can't agree on anything therefore you will never get enough of them to revolt and make any kind of impact other than showing up on the nightly news, truth be known you could make more of an impact by writing your congressman telling you have pictures of him naked with the babysitter.

something in america will eventually have to change, there is an unhappy undertone in alot of groups but those groups are unhappy about different things. honestly if i were to looking into the crystal ball i suspect the change in america will come from within with the election of a president who basically doesn't give a damn. someone who comes in, cleans house (gets rid of lobby groups, corruption) and talks to the american people in a way that doesn't make them feel helpless or retarted. basically a pseudo dictator who rallys the people against the slow and dumb decisions by congress. he will then leave office but america will see what it should expect. think this sounds crazy, it is rooted in history. several times in the roman empire it was on the decline or in civil discontent and there would be an emperor who comes along who sweeps away the bad parts the crept into the system and restored the empire giving it life for hundreds of more years, granted lazy loser emperors brought it back down but that took time. here in the US we do have these examples also, andrew jackson, FDR, and in alot of ways kennedy. they didn't scrap the system but cleaned out some of the crap that got in there and set a new path that people after them could follow. and like rome some crappy presidents brought it back down but that took time.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
first of all this country is a corporation that has its own agenda outside the control of the people, so to revolt against it would be a positive. its use of propaganda scare tactics, terrorism, and abuse has gone on way too long and needs to be seriously addressed, before they finally destroy our simple way of life.

personally i would trade my life and theirs to bring our way of life back into balance and attempt to stop the insanity so our children don't have to suffer in the hands of their evil any further.

I say killem all , Vendetta is the only way to be sure

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by SamTGonzalez
I'm sure everyone on this thread is now on the government's hit list. Lol.

lol
I've been on the ADL watch list for over a yr.
so what's new ???

Haha! How did you manage to do that?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

Yeah, not me. I will not be in the streets. I will be protecting my family. Sorry, but they are more important.
Sounds like a job for the young at this point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join