It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the US started a revolution what would you be revolting against and would you take off work for a

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If the US started a revolution what would you be revolting against and would you take off work for awhile to join in?

I just posted this on facebook and I'm interested to see what my 'friends' say. I also would like to see what my fellow board members answers are and compare the two. Are the 'regular' mainstream US citizens concerned with the same things we are?

My guess is that our country is so politically divided that we could never come together as regular citizens and oust our government. Yes, I know we have the power to vote and I do. But honestly, I never see any real change. At least not with the things I care about. I feel like I don't really have a voice and it is very frustrating.

I also think that most Americans, when it came right down to it, would never even bother to take off work to join in the 'fight'. They are so unhappy with the way things are going but won't take things into their own hands to change things or make a difference.

edit on 2/20/2011 by stellawayten because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I would drop out from high school and protest for the horrible crappy education they give me and my fellow students by walking like an Egyptian

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Hell ya. Same here

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Head home. Board up. Man the guns and protect my family.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

I would take off work for the entire time of a revolt. I would personally be revolting against the government as a whole. From their out of control spending to their inability to get along. I would also be revolting against all the government power hungry wars. I would be revolting against my constitution slowly being taking away, ( thinking about the recent decision that the constitution is void in the court of law) And I would especially be revolting against the banks and wall street their greedy agendas of taking all of the common americans monies. I would definately be revolting against Chinas wiggling themselves into our lives and the government is allowing it or should I say setting it up for them to take america. There are a million reasons I would revolt but what I listed are the top of my list.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I'd stay at work and take up arms to protect myself from all the lunatics "revolting".

Then, when you're all arrested, subdued, or bored & on your way home, i'll still have my job, and you'll all be standing around pointing your finger at someone else for your current unemployed predicaments.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimePorkchop

edit on 20-2-2011 by CaptainTrips because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop

I'd stay at work and take up arms to protect myself from all the lunatics "revolting".

Then, when you're all arrested, subdued, or bored & on your way home, i'll still have my job, and you'll all be standing around pointing your finger at someone else for your current unemployed predicaments.

Are you saying that revolting would do no good or that we would have nothing to revolt against?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

good questions for that poster, I was trying to think of something to ask this poster but you did it for me, I wonder why anyone would not want to stand up to the tyrany and disorder and do our american right and make it change. I admire egypt for their deep passion to need change and actually do something about it. I been praying every sense egypts revolt started looking good for the protestors that americans would take a lesson from them and do the same here.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
No, and yes, well sorta. If there was major rioting, I would assume it was due to an economic collapse or natural disaster, and the dumb people will be the people in the streets. In this type of situation I would gather my neighbors, take inventory of food/guns/ammo, form a defense group and hole up in a defensible position, such as our couldesak. This way when gangs come through raping and pillaging we would be able to take them out without much effort. Also, the US is not like other countries, we can't just riot at this point, and we really have no dire need to riot, at the end of the day we just aren't treated that "badly". Don't get me wrong, our government does some messed up stuff, and many of our rights are being infringed upon. But to muster the strength it would take to overwhelm US authorities we would need a crisis, like the impending economic/food crises, and under that scenario it would be better to get your house in order than to be on the streets getting killed. Use your brains people, leave the protesting to the sheeple, they will protest if they don't have their precious ipods and froze pizza.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I agree with the comment.

I believe(as I have stated this in previous posts of mine) that TPTB in this country will not let go of the power. I believe that this is when "they" will pull out the wild card. Something so spectacular that all of the issues that the people are revolting against become moot. This event whether it be nuclear, faked alien invasion, biological, or whatever is in the wild card deck will change america forever.

I believe that the center of the revolt will be ground zero for such an event. So I in turn will be at home with my family or at work thinking of my family.

This is my take on the current government that the US has set up. There are plenty of places to detain several thousand or million people here in the US.

I will be no part of a revolt. Not yet anyway. Take away the income and throw in a starving family and you might have another story from me.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It'd take a lot for a revolution. Even how much we bitch about today is not as bad as what Egypt, Lybia, Iran, etc... Are in. We think we've got it bad, we've still got running water, electricity, available food, sturdy roofs over our head and not mud huts, the ability to find employment. The only people out of work are those who are not willing to change what they used to do to what they can find and learn again. Jobs are THERE.

After being laid off for 64 days I landed something completely opposite from my previous profession.

So from my stand point, I still see the American dream and know it exists. For me, thats a reason NOT to revolt because what I listed above (running water, electricity, etc...) would all be lost if we decided to topple our Government.

Don't get me wrong, I believe there are a LOT of things wrong with the feds and they are infringing on State's and people's rights, but until the day comes where I have to be home by 6 PM because of a Yellow Coded Curfew or they shred the 2nd Amendment then I'll risk taking off a day from work to give em a piece.
edit on 20-2-2011 by crookedj0k3r because: SP

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
There will be no revolution. There will however be another civil war and race riots, anarchy and the cities will burn when people begin to find no food on the stores shelves.

Not only would I take off work: I'm glad I have made provisions to get me and my GF to Europe where the most violent riots are over football matches. AT the first sign of civil unrest; I'm bailing. I can't even recognize the America of my childhood with all the hate and division.

I hope I'm wrong but if you can't see the beginnings of a civil war, you just aren't paying attention. Just listen to Rush, Sean, Savage, Coulter, Beck, Ingraham, Levin, Gallagher, Medved, Sussman, Hal Turner, Kaufman and many other local conservatives fanning the flames of right wing hatred against all the people that they disagree with. Do you think that this type of rhetoric won't eventually bare fruit? I certainly worked in Germany.

edit on 20-2-2011 by whaaa because: lsdkl code

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I got 2 sick days, a personal day and some vacation saved up.
If the revolution falls on a long weekend I might be able to swing it.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That would be your best option, because of the view points you post on here, I personally don't think you would last very long!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
reply to post by whaaa

That would be your best option, because of the view points you post on here, I personally don't think you would last very long!

Is that a threat? Sounds like one and duly noted.
edit on 20-2-2011 by whaaa because: dopf code

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
A US revolution would last until the cell battery needs recharging. Without being able to give FB status updates, the keyboard revolutionaries would just go back home.

Me, I'm going to tend to my own and realize there is a big difference between being annoyed, aggravated or frustrated and being truly oppressed.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Why would one take off "awhile" from work to join a revolution?
You would be defeated before you started.
Lemme splain, you take off for a bit and expect said revolt to take what a week or 2?
Study more history please as a true revolt will take years or even decades as there would be pockets of resistance.
Now if you win said revolt would your job still be there?
Expecting for almost anything to be the same would be sheer fantasy, people and places will drastically change forever.
After a revolt you may need to retrain for a whole new job market, and or slot.
Now if you do not win said revolt, i imagine you could work in the prison bakery, if you are not shot for treason.
In the best revolution the only thing that will be spilled is some ink, then we can try and hang the true criminals, if found guilty.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I revolt every day.

I avoid the gov't, I refuse to buy useless crap I don't need, I avoid the banks if I possibly can.

I feed and educate my kids. My almost 7yr old is already doing basic algebra like X +7 = 15 solve for X.
Of course any kid could do it, but no one gives them a chance.

Throwing rocks in the street won't solve anything, it only gives the Govt false justification to clamp down on our liberties even harder.

Let us all educate ourselves and articulate our grievances more aptly.
This is for sure a better solution.
Thinking about it more.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

No! it is not a threat. If it was I would just let you know point blank. I am just referring to some of the liberal opinions you have posted on here, I am sure if mentioned outright in public, in that situation would not be in your best interest.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join