It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there were a button that would instantly eradicate humanity, would you push it ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i would say YES !!

as long as it only targeted the governments LoL .... the government needs erradicating

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This button, would it by chance be a big red one?
If yes, then I would press it, I cannot resist pressing a big red button.
I'd also be curious to see if it was working properly

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
i think that last comment put me on every watch list the planet will ever know....oops

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
No.

I'd think about it,though. It would take some restraint but I know I'll regret it afterwards

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tokzik
i would say YES !!

as long as it only targeted the governments LoL .... the government needs erradicating

You're silly, governments don't count as humanity.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AMANNAMEDQUEST

what would be the point non of this has purpose with out us here, even with us here theres no real purpose (only purpose i see is spreding to other areas/planets and decreaseing suffering ingenral). if you think it would save the planet. what would you be saveing it for ? just to wait to be destroyed by something else later on

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

The question is not ''do you think the planet would be better off without us ?''. The question is whether you would - given the opportunity - actually physically push a button that would instantly make us cease to exist.

No, I wouldn't push it, and I don't think the planet would be better off without us. We as humans have a chance to achieve something, and control our own destiny. If another dominant species didn't emerge, what has earth produced? It would just be a planet that existed for a time and died. And like you said, if another species did emerge, they would probably have similar traits to ours.

Originally posted by Sherlock HolmesThirdly ( not in terms of importance, but because it was the third thing that I thought of
), if I did have the inclination to push the button, I wouldn't be able to morally or philosophically justify my decision, considering that I would be arrogantly forcing my own personal belief on to the unwitting human populace. Even if I felt it was for the ''greater good'', who would I be to make this decision ?

What would the greater good be though?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think if there were such a button, I would hope that the only real effect would be to eradicate the person pushing the button.

That would eliminate a lot of problems.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well it all depends really, someone I know, if she woke up and could'nt connect to facebook and had that button, consider yourselves toast!
Crispy fried. So, we can safely say that most of the facebook users should be excluded from this equation because on a bad day, with just one button, they would eradicate the entire universe and existence "oh my fruckin god! I cant connect to facebooook" *pulls her hair out and reaches for the shiny red button*
"ARRR" *click, BOOM*

edit on 21-2-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Now THAT is FUNNY!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
i would gladly erradicate myself if i were able to take the gevernments with me ... now that freedom has become a thing of the past im sure im not the only one feeling this way

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I would, i would kill you all if i had the power, everday i wake up and see poeple who do nothing for the world but think they are so important. I am a wolfe forced to be a sheep like the rest i know if i give into my human ergus i would be sent to a pen with poeple who tryed to be free but didnt have the power to do so. So for thier actions presion became thier new home. Goverment is thier to protect the rich becuase what use is all your material goods when a few niggas with guns can come arould the corner kick in your door, rape your chilldren, wife, and you if they want. Always remmember a human is nothing more than a over glorefid animale hunter and pray exist even for you. I would press the button just to cause pain to the world. The Jocker from batman begins was right, no matter how you think people are some just want to see the world burn!!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
[color=deepskyblue]Answer: No.

Why: I like to be alive.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I know the thread is old, but alas, it piqued my interest none-the-less:

"With gorilla gone, is there hope for man?"
"With man gone, is there hope for gorilla?"
- Daniel Quinn, Ishmael

I would say no. I believe everything happens for a reason, in sort of a yin and yang way. Therefore, I believe we (every inhabitant of Earth) are living coherently together. Therefore, as narcissistic as this may sound, parts of Earth's biological spectrum would fade if humans just simply vanished into thin air. We have caused damage, yes, but if we left before righting our wrongs, they would never get better...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
[color=cyan]

1 would have to say no for who am I to judge these energies. 1 is not the Judge or Jury of Earth Universal inhabiting energies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join