It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marshall Islands underwater!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
More evidence of rising sea levels

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I have a question and forgive me if it's a dumb one. I don't have enough expertise on this to know the answer, lol. The link says that the flooding is caused by storm surge. Would that be evidence of rising sea levels? I thought storm surge was normal. Like I said though, I don't know enough about it, but I'm trying to learn as much as possible about rising sea levels and such, so this is why I ask.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

I have a question and forgive me if it's a dumb one. I don't have enough expertise on this to know the answer, lol. The link says that the flooding is caused by storm surge. Would that be evidence of rising sea levels? I thought storm surge was normal. Like I said though, I don't know enough about it, but I'm trying to learn as much as possible about rising sea levels and such, so this is why I ask.

Ahh, the old Occam's Razor. Yes you are correct, a rise due to a storm surge is irrelevant to normal sea level unless the reason for the flooding is sea rise combined with a storm surge to reach unprecedented levels. In this case, most likely just the work of a big storm surge, nothing to see here, move along folks.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Read the event description it goes on to say how much it has risen.
The Marshall Islands are one of the first indicators of sea level rise since they are only 3 ft above sea level.
And combined with the full moon and the tides being extremely high.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Read the event description it goes on to say how much it has risen. The Marshall Islands are one of the first indicators of sea level rise since they are only 3 ft above sea level. And combined with the full moon and the tides being extremely high.

Thanks! I'll do that.
I didn't know they were only 3 ft above sea level. That's pretty scary, lol! But I have a fear of tsunamis so I suppose that's why it freaks me out... one of my major phobias, hehe. I'll go back and read the event description. I actually learned something on ATS today, ha ha!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Also goes on to say that sea levels are 6 inches above predicted levels.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This article blames it on tide levels not so much a storm surge.
abcasiapacificnews.com...

And with the moon at about it's closest to the Earth it would have an effect on the tides and do such things for locations that are only 3ft above sea level.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I lived in Charleston,SC for many years,and there would be times of the year where they would say"the tides are running" during this times the streets would flood downtown. Of couse Charleston is built on a marsh and it's slowly sinking.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I went back and read it. So they are attributing part of it to rising sea levels! That's pretty scary... sounds like the Marshall Islands could very easily just end up underwater completely, eventually. Maybe they'll build the sea wall that will prevent that from happening.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Thanks for the link bro!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Most people will refuse to believe or even consider that the signs of coming disasters are real and life threatening.They push it aside due to their fears of what may happen.
Only the sensitive and those whose consious level of awareness has elevated will sense that there is more to what is happening than meets the eye.Rising sea levels,land sinking below sea level,rising ocean floors are some of the signs that most people consider insignificant.Those people who brush the signs aside without even giving a thought to it,have themselves to blame for their panic when the disaster shocks them into utter acceptance of what is happening to them.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Hmm - Marshall islands is where they tested US nuclear weapons. Would you want to go there anyway ?

I would - its STUNNING. And cheap - however the stopped all standard airflights there last year - you have to get a special flight out there - or sail.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

This article blames it on tide levels not so much a storm surge. abcasiapacificnews.com... And with the moon at about it's closest to the Earth it would have an effect on the tides and do such things for locations that are only 3ft above sea level.
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Throw in La Niña and no wonder it's such a mess. There's quite a few people living there too... I guess this has the potential to be really bad!
edit on 2/20/2011 by gemineye because: because El Niño and La Niña are totally different things

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Starman

I agree! Have an open,intuitive mind.I feel sorry for all those who turn a blind eye to the truth.
They are the ones that will be running in the streets screaming"whats happening?" and I will be
standing there saying"I told you so!"

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Many people will not believe---- unless it affects them directly, but by then--- it will be too late.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
They barely live above sea level and their a friggen island and the folks in nu oleens live under sea level and they are shocked when they're flooded. LOL. Yep the world is ending. Head for the hills if there are any left safe.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Thats why I went from living 7 ft above sea level to 700 ft above sealevel 10 years ago.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Al Gore has NOT moved out of his sea side mansion which was supposed to be under water by now.
thats Al "Occidental Oil Co. " Gore, BTW.
the guy who can't show his film and call it a documentary..legally

Where does it say that the sea level has increased by how many inches due to man made global warming?
edit on 20-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The world is in constant change. If I lived in somewhere like the Marshall Islands and was only a few feet above sea level in the ocean I think I'd be getting out of dodge no matter all this global warming spiel. I guess folks have just plain lost common sense. Waiting around for their government to tell em what to do. Maybe the US should send em a UHaul flotilla to give em a hint?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

It doesn't say its due to anything,that is the sea level rising.just that its higher(6 in) then predicted.
Icesheets melting? probably.global warming,maybe.Natural cycle in weather patterns,maybe.
All we really know is that it IS happening now!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join